Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Exactly. I think for a lot of us the issue isn't so much the delays but the lack of communication. I know that's my biggest gripe about Tesla. We can't even turn on the news anymore without hearing about all the general shipping delays or the container ships parked out by the Port of Los Angeles, etc., but how hard is it to just send a simple email letting us know that they haven't forgotten about us. Unless Tesla is also experiencing a shortage of internet, that shouldn't be an issue. Just my thoughts.
Not only the lack of communication but there have been downright lies along the way about when things were going to be shipping. If they weren’t lies then he has no idea what’s going on in his company.

Yes, this was my point when I said I’ll remember this in the future. I don’t care at all about the wait and shortages. They could’ve told me June 2022 if it was an honest estimate and that would’ve been perfectly 100% fine with me. I would’ve kept my lease or made other arrangements. Now we’re piecing it together with the cars we have, avoiding another temp car purchase because I have no idea if it’s coming next week or next year.

But giving everyone fake placeholders?? Putting “January” and “February” out there when some are literally taking delivery with that status and others are maybe 6-12 months out. “We’re building your car.” That’s disingenuous BS.

It would take a minimum wage administrative assistant to send out an email with better info. They clearly had the bandwidth to reach out for seat upgrades, so there’s definitely a comm process there. They just are choosing to not utilize it.

Anyway, I’ll stop with the rant because I know a lot of you disagree and we should all just be fanboys and accept things as they are. I’m still keeping my order because the product is good and above any other. The customer service and communication is abysmal.
@zk19, I fully agree with both your sentiments and your choice to air them out here.

Reactions: zk19 and aba_woo
Yesterday, I checked my account and February changed to TBD for no apparent reason. This morning I checked again and VIN!!!!

7SAXCBE52NF3289##

Original order was pre refresh on 1/7/2021
Long range, 6 seater, white/white, 20" rims, FSD and I've made no changes since I placed the order. Currently my estimated delivery is still TBD. Not sure where I'll be picking it up. I think they do delivery in Rockville Maryland but I'm not sure.

Yesterday, I checked my account and February changed to TBD for no apparent reason. This morning I checked again and VIN!!!!

7SAXCBE52NF3289##

Long range, 6 seater, white/white, 20" rims, FSD and I've made no changes since I placed the order. Currently my estimated delivery is still TBD. Not sure where I'll be picking it up. I think they do delivery in Rockville Maryland but I'm not sure.
Exactly same configuration as mine. I need one in Florida too. Come on Tesla. Get more X to Florida too, please.

7SAXCBE52NF3289##

NICE!

7SAXCBE52NF3289##

Congrats!!

7SAXCBE52NF3289##

Congratulations! Seeing vins popping up on the East Coast makes me happy:)

For our lucky VINners does it still change to reflect the model year on the home dashboard once you get a VIN?
Nope, just model X with a Feb date.

Attachments

• CA6B82B3-2E8C-4AA6-8896-83749BCA502B.jpeg
    CA6B82B3-2E8C-4AA6-8896-83749BCA502B.jpeg
    127.8 KB · Views: 102