Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m a VINner!!! Black/Black/6 seater/20 inch/FSD ordered 2/6/2021. EDD = TBD

I received the email on Tuesday from Schaumburg asking I was ready for delivery this year. As the days went by without a VIN and the EDD = February, I became more skeptical on this year. Last night I hit my bottom, and decided to get a VIN I needed to delete the Tesla app, stop checking Tesla.com, and stop checking this forum…. :(. Today my wife checked my email and saw an orientation email from Schaumburg and then she checked Tesla.com on my behalf and there was a VIN!!! Don’t lose hope!!!!

I love you all!

0F78D2EC-DC28-47FE-BB5B-571362BE7F04.png

D63ED31B-E984-4215-95DF-FBDEB87D8A63.png

Not sure who was asking about Florida VINs but signature customs who are based out of south Florida had this on their instagram story.. for those of you on instagram and want a good “Tesla/non Tesla ” follow these guys are awesome.. they do wraps for all cars but mostly teslas. Dope work and will get your creative juices flowing!

Based on this, I’m curious how many Plaid customers would keep the reservation if Tesla increased the price by 20k meaning you HAVE to pay that regardless of when you ordered.
Have they done that before? I have a 6 seat Plaid order, but I would cancel if they raised the price. I think that I will get a VIN on my LR order first, anyway (May 2021 LR order, August 2021 Plaid order).

Have they done that before? I have a 6 seat Plaid order, but I would cancel if they raised the price. I think that I will get a VIN on my LR order first, anyway (May 2021 LR order, August 2021 Plaid order).
Well... yes and no. The closest to it is the 'refresh' change making folks with orders have to pay more due to the refresh. The brakes being added and required could be considered a 'refresh', but then again... who knows. It's Tesla. Anything goes.

Hello All, new to posting here and I'm torn. Can some of you who have received your Model X provide perspective on how you feel about the X LR being worth $115k after tax, title, and license? I have an X plaid on order due April 2022 which is going to run ~$140k out the door. I know, I know, it's going to be delivered late and have quality issues to be addressed. Is it worth it, and why?

You won’t believe it - we took delivery of our new 5-seat Model X today!! White/White, FSD. Check it out!!

53B35FF6-A3C7-479F-A293-1C2402322ECB.jpeg
C317EB4A-2624-46EC-9359-8A2DDCCD3CFD.jpeg

0D6ECE7C-8A80-4EE8-BF40-0B26E3FA4209.jpeg

PSYCH!!! It’s a 2018 CPO Model X 100D. We bought it today while waiting for Godot, errr… I mean waiting for our new Model X order, which my best friend’s sister’s boyfriend’s brother’s girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who’s going with a girl who saw my 2022 Model X on the dirt behind the Fremont factory…

Hello All, new to posting here and I'm torn. Can some of you who have received your Model X provide perspective on how you feel about the X LR being worth $115k after tax, title, and license? I have an X plaid on order due April 2022 which is going to run ~$140k out the door. I know, I know, it's going to be delivered late and have quality issues to be addressed. Is it worth it, and why?

If you have to ask…

Though I have a reservation you’ll have to pry out of my cold dead hands, if that gives you any idea.

Unless they’ve truly canceled the Christmas dance. Then I might have to reconsider.

• Funny
Reactions: KidsEyeDr and Stro
Most I ever paid for a car prior to X was $36k. Test drove a pre-refresh X on Feb 2021 for 15 min and then went back to the dealership to purchase. That 15 min changed my life whether the X was $115k or $150k - the technology, comfort, the windshield, the falcon doors, the auto doors, it’s worth it!!!! Try to test drive and it’ll answer the question - the waits worth it!

View attachment 745763
View attachment 745764
Not sure who was asking about Florida VINs but signature customs who are based out of south Florida had this on their instagram story.. for those of you on instagram and want a good “Tesla/non Tesla ” follow these guys are awesome.. they do wraps for all cars but mostly teslas. Dope work and will get your creative juices flowing!
thank you for giving a bit of hope ! Is just one Blue Model X but is a start !
Im sure these guys are awesome and since my job follows them on instagram, might use them for the custom work once My X finally comes in.
thank you sharing

Reactions: flippingrich
You won’t believe it - we took delivery of our new 5-seat Model X today!! White/White, FSD. Check it out!!

View attachment 745771View attachment 745772

View attachment 745773

PSYCH!!! It’s a 2018 CPO Model X 100D. We bought it today while waiting for Godot, errr… I mean waiting for our new Model X order, which my best friend’s sister’s boyfriend’s brother’s girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who’s going with a girl who saw my 2022 Model X on the dirt behind the Fremont factory…
Dude I was so excited in the first half. Now I’m shopping for pitchforks.

Fellow Plaid reservation holders, pretty soon, it'll be just us here in the waiting room, watching tumbleweeds blow by. It'll get lonely. To deal with the insanity, we should share speculation on why the Plaid is delayed. Personally, whatever it is, I sure hope my car isn't built yet and sitting on some field of dirt. For all this waiting, we can at least benefit from the Refresh manufacturing learning curve.

In any case, my vote (and hope) is that we are getting the ceramic brakes they are talking about for the MS Plaid. On the flip side, if that's the issue, I can fully see Tesla extorting another $20k from us.... 😬
If they do this I'm canceling and going with a Sport Turismo GTS. That thing looks incredible.