Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OMG…..just received a call from SC Carlsbad (SoCal). Asked if we could take delivery TODAY………..WHAT is this really happening? Now have an appointment at 2:30pm to pick up our MX. we ordered March 5, 2021…
check our account this morning and nothing had changed. Now we have a VIN and a pickup time TODAY…..I’m still in shock. Merry Christmas to us! We will never forget this. 👍🎄🎁🎅🏼💝View attachment 747982
A Christmas Miracle

No one here has accused me of being an optimist, but here’s one way to look at it: every month that goes by is another month I save on my MX payment! I bought my last MX when prices were insanely high (after which, Tesla dramatically dropped them. I think I heard them snickering all the way to the bank, joking about the dumba$$ who agreed to pay them a few year’s worth of college tuition. Sorry @TWENT2, I had to taint this ray of optimism with a little sarcasm). In any case, I digress. Since I sold my MX a year ago, I have saved a ton of money.

Thought that was gonna make me feel better. It didn’t 😔
Ha. I sold mine in August thinking Id get it in Sept. The $1,000 I saved in insurance, doesn't make me feel better. Haha. But I'm picking up the 29th.

Reactions: jbrowdy
It seems X's have been shipped to dealers before issuing Vin's out. I'm wondering are they bring shipped to be repaired before the Vin's are issued?
I got my VIN the 14th, car in today, picking up 29th. I think if you can make the 3 day window or arrange financing, delay, etc they give it away to the next person with the same configuration.

OMG…..just received a call from SC Carlsbad (SoCal). Asked if we could take delivery TODAY………..WHAT is this really happening? Now have an appointment at 2:30pm to pick up our MX. we ordered March 5, 2021…
check our account this morning and nothing had changed. Now we have a VIN and a pickup time TODAY…..I’m still in shock. Merry Christmas to us! We will never forget this. 👍🎄🎁🎅🏼💝View attachment 747982
When did you order?

Finally, I have something to keep me busy while waiting for my Model X.

I was stuck with FSD 10.5 for a month. Surely, I’m glad to get FSD Beta 10.8

CE98D7F5-7BAF-45C7-A4AE-6D7DC6ACE409.jpeg

What’s the VIN? Is this my car again?

I got my VIN the 14th, car in today, picking up 29th. I think if you can make the 3 day window or arrange financing, delay, etc they give it away to the next person with the same configuration.
Did they confirmed your car is at delivery center?

True, also all lost VINs are gave it to near by area customers for EOY #s also pushing it to close matched customers ...
VIN assigned 12/13 .. EDD 12/24 then pushed it 12/27 and then 12/28 and then 1/4/2022 now EDD 1/6/2022 .. I would not surprised if they assign new VIN ask me take delivery with 24 hours 😠

Did they confirmed your car is at delivery center?

True, also all lost VINs are gave it to near by area customers for EOY #s also pushing it to close matched customers ...
VIN assigned 12/13 .. EDD 12/24 then pushed it 12/27 and then 12/28 and then 1/4/2022 now EDD 1/6/2022 .. I would not surprised if they assign new VIN ask me take delivery with 24 hours 😠
What the heck?