Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
lol it’s funny because I literally grew up so far below the poverty level that, for example, having store bought cereal (let alone new clothes) was fancy. But my parents loved us and I had an awesome childhood from climbing pecan trees to managing my own garden and building gadgets (including a functioning microphone!).

So while I want my kids (who have a very beautiful life) to have at least a degree of the wonder and appreciation I have for good things, I really HAVE to self-cap my comments or I would literally be talking their ears off about freezing in the winter, wearing multiple jackets, hats and gloves at the table, frozen water pipes, etc. It’s a truly difficult balance.

Be careful in case your kids become Monty Python fans.

How on earth can a seat warmer be on auto? How will it know when I do and don’t want it on? And when my passenger wants it on and to what heat setting? I’ve had an X since they first started delivering them and a 3 for 3 years without any issues navigating either of their UIs even tho both were always different and both have changed a lot over the years.. this new one has countless inconveniences and awkward controls.. I’m sure tons of complaints are coming in and updates will make it less awkward over time.. I’m just gonna sit around and whine till then 😂
We have a little MX5 and an Outback. The seat warmers have been turning on every day for the past week now that Wisconsin has cooled down. Its nice ...just turn them off if not required. FYI in an EV it drains less battery to heat the interior with the seats vs the heater.
We use the seat heaters to get extra range.

Reactions: Elixir
After many months of waiting I finally gave up on my X Plaid order and went with an available '22 S Plaid white with white interior and 21"wheels... I stopped in the service center last Thursday and they had it all cleaned up on the show floor. I inspected the vehicle over and over and it was perfect in every way. I'd not seen a refreshed S plaid in person and it was simply the most beautifully sophisticated and aggressive looking car I have ever seen. Wasn't sure I'd like the White interior given available online photos but I absolutely love it in person. They had one of each White, Black, and Gray S plaid in-stock so I had them pull them all up front to review and found the White with black exterior and white interior was by far the favorite. Impossible to express in words the performance of this car and the feeling you get when you mash the pedal to the floor. No regrets. Because it was the end of the quarter, they transferred my $250 deposit on the X to the S. Maybe down the road an X will work out for me... Good luck to all of you who choose to keep waiting for your unicorn to arrive.

Hi - I've been reading the forum since around page 100 and I thought I would join to say hi and that I'm still waiting for a VIN. This car is for my wife / the family more than it is for me. I ordered in early August and received last month my Taycan Cross Turismo. Absolutely love it - though not really a practical car.
I’m thinking of getting a T ST/CT. How do you like the active lane keep, range, and electrify America network? It’s really my only hold-back at this point (maybe the ridiculous ADMs we’re seeing too).

After many months of waiting I finally gave up on my X Plaid order and went with an available '22 S Plaid white with white interior and 21"wheels... I stopped in the service center last Thursday and they had it all cleaned up on the show floor. I inspected the vehicle over and over and it was perfect in every way. I'd not seen a refreshed S plaid in person and it was simply the most beautifully sophisticated and aggressive looking car I have ever seen. Wasn't sure I'd like the White interior given available online photos but I absolutely love it in person. They had one of each White, Black, and Gray S plaid in-stock so I had them pull them all up front to review and found the White with black exterior and white interior was by far the favorite. Impossible to express in words the performance of this car and the feeling you get when you mash the pedal to the floor. No regrets. Because it was the end of the quarter, they transferred my $250 deposit on the X to the S. Maybe down the road an X will work out for me... Good luck to all of you who choose to keep waiting for your unicorn to arrive.
If I didn’t have one kid and two twins on the way, this would have been me all the way back in June or July.

• Love
Reactions: LL#2 and KidsEyeDr
All done - thank you for the welcome! I tried to put my info in my signature, but no luck in figuring it out. Side note, did I read there is an App for this forum - I didn't find it on a quick search.
Nope but you can put a shortcut to the webpage on your homescreen on your phone, (and it looks like an app, complete with the TMC icon)… it is actually pretty cool. Example directions: