Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’d like to ask whoever has had experience taking delivery at the SC and payed cash. Im taking delivery tomorrow, a model Y ( I asked over at the Y waiting room but that thread seemed to have fizzled out). The text said to pay now but there was someone some pages back who had issues at delivery and said to not pay until you see your car. Would it be alright to pay at time of delivery, either by cashiers check or ach?
Tesla is notorious for holding money. They did it to me, I ordered a car paid for it and canceled it and got another. At this point I paid for two they sold the other car and didn’t refund me for six months. You can’t call anyone, you have to email.

• Informative
Reactions: studioloft
FWIW, I’ve been, along with many others here, in Build Status since the summer. Means nothing.
Oh... and while we are at it, we are all in the "TOP PRIORITY QUEUE"... Personally, I was told that I am in the VIP Queue, which of course is ahead of the Top, Numero Uno, Queue...

Alas, I still do not have a F***king car yet!!! 😁😁😁 :mad:

I know there are lots of good reasons to get a 5 seater. I was interested in one too. Have you sat on the bench seat?
Yes - I have a 2017 X 5 seater. The bench seat is great. There is only 2 of us, so we really don't need more seats - and we do have a dog crate, which fits perfectly behind the bench seat (won't fit in a 6 or 7 seat configuration.)

Matte clear coat/Xpel or similar with ceramic
Actually can you do ceramic over matte Xpel (stealth) without ruining the matte? 🧐

Why would I need ceramic over matte Xpel? 🤨🧐
I’ve done it twice (Modesta - like ceramic but better - over Xpel stealth). It makes it super easy to clean and gives it a satin sheen. It doesn’t make the satin / matte glossy at all.
50671D9C-050F-42E8-A6B8-E197B69BCED1.jpeg
2B7EEEBD-69EA-485C-A0A8-FB254E92F316.jpeg

I was wondering this. I have a protector under my black M3 seats and hoping it’s enough for the new white X seats.
Or if there is something out there that is a better fit for the X captain chairs
I have it under the car seat in my white M3 and have for the entire 2.5 years I’ve had the car. The only thing I notice when I take everything out to clean once in a while is a crease on the seats in a spot under the car seat. I’m assuming that would happen without the protector…and it’s probably more visible on white seats than if I had black ones.

Reactions: KidsEyeDr and Pdubb

I have it under the car seat in my white M3 and have for the entire 2.5 years I’ve had the car. The only thing I notice when I take everything out to clean once in a while is a crease on the seats in a spot under the car seat. I’m assuming that would happen without the protector…and it’s probably more visible on white seats than if I had black ones.
What is the protector and how can I get and install it?

Picked it up at 5:30 tonight. She sure is beautiful. Going to do a through inspection tomorrow in the light of day, did notice and area on edge of windshield over the head of passenger that looks cracked, might need new windshield, pic below. Over all very very happy!! Covid hit our house this week, so didn’t “play” as much I had wished tonight.

Attachments

• E425E09B-8943-4F41-B3FF-AAD1E630E7E3.jpeg
    E425E09B-8943-4F41-B3FF-AAD1E630E7E3.jpeg
    497.6 KB · Views: 78
  • 1B973C5E-7506-48C9-9BC0-AD71A132E43A.jpeg
    1B973C5E-7506-48C9-9BC0-AD71A132E43A.jpeg
    288.9 KB · Views: 79
Hi All,

So I had an opportunity to stop into my delivery centers and speak with a Tesla Staffer.

I’m not going to say where but it’s located in the North East. I’m not saying whether it’s a female or male to protect them from any issues. Here is what I learned.

When I told them I was looking for info on my MX order they said… “like mine?” It seems they are in a similar situation as many of us having ordered the MX over 6 months ago with no idea of when it’s being built…. so they were willing to investigate my order. They went through several screens and kept stressing how much futher along I was them most of their MX orders.

I was told I am in “Build Status”, They said there is
  • In Production
  • Build Status
  • Staged
  • Null (this being a new order it’s hardly been processed/planned)
This person is in regular contact with the MX planning team which decides which config happens and when. I was told there are multiple things happening which is causing chaos right now making it hard to lock in plans.
  • When will Austin come online? What will that ramp up look like? When can Austin take all of Freemont’s MY orders?
  • Once Austin takes all the MY orders it will free up the Freemont MY line to be converted to a 100% MX line.
They told me that although they are making 6 seaters now, the speculation is they will be pivoting probably to the 7 seater and 7 seater Plaid.

They told me because I’m a 2020 order holder I am in the Priority Que which means when they actually begin building the 5 seater I’ll get “one” of the 1st ones shipped to the East Coast. Also already being in “Build Status” it means when they begin planning the MX 5 seater build group my car will be in the first group to be planned for building. All that said they do not believe my MX will arrive before late spring. They expect their MX to arrive a few months later when the 6 seaters begin production again, although that could be accelerated if MY stops being made in Freemont sooner.

Lastly I asked about the info that Tesla is making East Coast MX’s first, then the Mid West MX’s and then West Coast MX’s to make the big end of quarter push. They said that’s not happening currently. All the Northeast service centers have been getting a trickle of MX’s. No large delivery but one or two here and there. If the East Coast / Mid West / West Coast approach were true…. They would have received a large batch in Nov which did not happen.

So, that’s what I have to share. Take it with a grain of salt as I do most posts.

Happy New Year!
Thanks for this info. Fwiw my car has been “in build status” for at least 3 months. I’m pre refresh, 6 seater and was told I would be a priority and “one of the first”. I have feb and was told Tesla sees March on my account and I’ve never sniffed a VIN.

Reactions: Pdubb
I know. I mentioned this because it would be interesting to see if Tesla prioritizes those who paid the extra $10k over those of us who did not.
I was VINd 11/30. Removed FSD 12/1, because its not fully developed, only 10 percent buy it, autopilot suits my mostly hwy driving needs.
I was reVINed 12/14...delivery 12/27.
Someone eluded to this, but I think the biggest reason is I was a cash buyer and no trade in.
Poll the people...they probably are either financing or trading in or bith.

• Informative
Reactions: studioloft