Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
8781A565-504C-4DDF-804F-E09ACA879AAB.jpeg
BDC246EF-101D-4F0C-84C9-B947565CD120.png
Screenshots from Twitter @icannot_enough estimating X production this quarter at 2900 and ramping up to 7000 in Q1. So everyone is getting their X by April šŸ˜¬

I **REALLY** donā€™t think thereā€™s ANY malintent on Teslaā€™s part. I think they are working literally around the clock to deliver the best possible products to all customers as soon as physically possible.

I do think Tesla needs a better system-wide organization. But it would be a Herculean task, let alone given that Tesla appears to be frequently self-restructuring based on first-principles ideas.

Strongly disagree. They sold me a car which at the time they took my preorder money they 100% knew they would never be able to deliver to me. Given they raised my price 2 weeks after they took my preorder money, they probably also knowingly sold me a car at a price they knew they would not be able to deliver on.

They repeatedly lied to me about when my car would arrive. They told me dates which looking back, at the time they told me the delivery date, a reasonably informed person could probably tell there was zero chance they would deliver by.

They chose to create a system where customers are not communicated with and their sales reps are not provided information. They chose to create a website with an ā€œestimated delivery dateā€ which provides false information.

Iā€™m sure they have received many many complaints about this and they chose to not address it.

Sorry that is Malintent.

And it wouldnā€™t take a Herculean effort to fix it. They are doing $100k worth of business with me. Pick up the damn phone and call me for 5 minutes every 2 months. Itā€™s not that hard.

Congrats!!! Below is not directed towards you. Hope you get your delivery soon.

But wait a minuteā€¦ how are you getting a VIN? How do you pass a February 2021 order? It is no longer end of quarter so that argument doesnā€™t hold water.

Rhetorical questionsā€¦frustrated with Tesla logic!
We ordered in March 2021 and still nothing.
Also, congratulations on you being a Vinner, but Tesla is wrong for making people who ordered first wait longer.

Frustrating that they are fulfilling orders by the state you live in not when you placed your order.

13109 produced and 11750 delivered. If the X is one quarter of production each week, that might be 300 of the 1359 in transit. Even 300 in transit seems high to me.
Estimates on production from generally reliable sources were low, so production is in a different gear. Iā€™d say less than 2900 but more than 500 if we count the cars sitting in Fremont that are likely missing something.

Iā€™m hoping that once Yā€™s are coming out of Texas another S/X line starts in Fremont. Downside is it will probably be the tentā€¦

Reactions: T3slafan2500
Strongly disagree. They sold me a car which at the time they took my preorder money they 100% knew they would never be able to deliver to me. Given they raised my price 2 weeks after they took my preorder money, they probably also knowingly sold me a car at a price they knew they would not be able to deliver on.

They repeatedly lied to me about when my car would arrive. They told me dates which looking back, at the time they told me the delivery date, a reasonably informed person could probably tell there was zero chance they would deliver by.

They chose to create a system where customers are not communicated with and their sales reps are not provided information. They chose to create a website with an ā€œestimated delivery dateā€ which provides false information.

Iā€™m sure they have received many many complaints about this and they chose to not address it.

Sorry that is Malintent.

And it wouldnā€™t take a Herculean effort to fix it. They are doing $100k worth of business with me. Pick up the damn phone and call me for 5 minutes every 2 months. Itā€™s not that hard.
Ehh, did they really take your money though? If you paid in full, thatā€™s completely understandable but if youā€™re talking about a $100 depositā€¦ Thats a bit exaggerated.

We all know the communication has been weak but thatā€™s a lot of assumptions and stating they ā€œchoseā€ to do certain things but what were the other options?

that estimate seems crazy high... there are 130 Tesla stores in the us and lets say on average they have received 3 refreshed MX's to date... very many have received zero... I would say 500 is a more realistic estimate.
Based on the produced/delivered numbers it seems like they might have 750 X in transit or sitting in Fremont ?
13109 produced and 11750 delivered. If the X is one quarter of production each week, that might be 300 of the 1359 in transit. Even 300 in transit seems high to me.
Estimates on production from generally reliable sources were low, so production is in a different gear. Iā€™d say less than 2900 but more than 500 if we count the cars sitting in Fremont that are likely missing something.

Iā€™m hoping that once Yā€™s are coming out of Texas another S/X line starts in Fremont. Downside is it will probably be the tentā€¦
Just throwing this out there...

Our representation and belief of Tesla's total throughput may be skewed.

Of the two individuals posting flyover videos recently I have noted that even on the very next day the colors of cars parked in the test track change orders. They are different cars. In actuality we only see 5 minutes of time in the day for of a factory that works 24/7.

Additionally, Wikipedia reports to date Tesla has produced 2,361,000 cars. TeslaMotorsClub.com reports 185,000 members. (sure, some own multiple Teslas)

My point - We are only a small fraction of Tesla owners.

Sorry that is Malintent.

I think you are spot on. There are always going to be apologizers. A lot of people have been wronged in a myriad of ways by a company that no longer seems to care about the customer. I have a variety of my own beefs, some of which I have aired out here. Love the damn car. Don't really like the company these days.

Ehh, did they really take your money though? If you paid in full, thatā€™s completely understandable but if youā€™re talking about a $100 depositā€¦ Thats a bit exaggerated.

We all know the communication has been weak but thatā€™s a lot of assumptions and stating they ā€œchoseā€ to do certain things but what were the other options?
My guess is he is referring to pre-refresh orders. If that's the case, they actually did know that they could not deliver the car he ordered.

Yeah, but it is a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" type of situation for them. Their plans are changing so often that telling you a plan would likely not be any use since it will change 5 times before you get your car. They are likely constantly battling changing production issues, work force issues, supply issues, shipping issues, weather, etc. The "plan" Tesla communicates is the EDD, and obviously they can't even get that vague level of detail accurate. Something more specific wouldn't be any better off.
This. People would be like, ā€œTesla continually changes their excuse for delayingā€ or similar.

Reactions: ammulder
Exact same issue and bikes. I have a Thule rack thatā€™s like 50 lbs. I really donā€™t know what to do
@1pinhigh @AFBruin

it's just at torsional limitation with the hidden receiver that they put on the model X. You can get an aftermarket hitch that will not have this issue: 2021 Tesla Model X Trailer Hitch | etrailer.com

Interesting, there's a euro-style ball adapter for the X.

Last edited:
@1pinhigh @AFBruin

it's just at torsional limitation with the hidden receiver that they put on the model X. You can get an aftermarket hitch that will not have this issue: 2021 Tesla Model X Trailer Hitch | etrailer.com

I would recommend strapping the bikes to the trunk door to avoid the torsional load... the straps do not carry any weight, they just keep the bikes from swaying in either direction to avoid putting any extra torsional load on the hitch as you go over bumps.

I would recommend strapping the bikes to the trunk door to avoid the torsional load... the straps do not carry any weight, they just keep the bikes from swaying in either direction to avoid putting any extra torsional load on the hitch as you go over bumps.
2 e-bikes is a lot of weight pressing in to the sheet aluminum. Enough to dent?

looking at something like this: Thule Gateway Pro 2 | Thule | United States

load capacity is 70lb, max bike weight is 35lb.

2 e-bikes is a lot of weight pressing in to the sheet aluminum. Enough to dent?

looking at something like this: Thule Gateway Pro 2 | Thule | United States

load capacity is 70lb, max bike weight is 35lb.
I wouldn't do that... too much load on door. I would still put the weight of the bikes on the hitch, but just don't allow bikes to bounce around relative to car body.