Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all, I have a question on the Tesla Insurance.

I am getting a great quote for my MX from Tesla. However, on the coverage details, the "Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Property Damage" is capped at $3,500.

Does this mean that, if my car is hit by an uninsured motorist, I will be covered only for $3,500? Or will my regular collision insurance kick in beyond the $3,500, with the applicable deductible?

Any help on clarifying this will be greatly appreciated.

In terms of savings, switching to Tesla insurance cuts down my premium in half. (Hopefully this clarification on uninsured motorist property damage clause will help all the new MX owners this quarter)

I am getting a great quote for my MX from Tesla. However, on the coverage details, the "Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Property Damage" is capped at $3,500.

Does this mean that, if my car is hit by an uninsured motorist, I will be covered only for $3,500? Or will my regular collision insurance kick in beyond the $3,500, with the applicable deductible?

In terms of savings, switching to Tesla insurance cuts down my premium in half. (Hopefully this clarification on uninsured motorist property damage clause will help all the new MX owners this quarter)
This don’t sound right.

This will be Tesla #4. Ordered in 12/21, 6 seat configuration. Didn't complete the rest of the steps, and then 2 days ago I decided to add my info and complete that part (cash delivery, will swap it later to financing) and it says Estimated Delivery January. LOL. I've never once seen a target be the same month.

I've done this long enough to know this will keep swapping around.

I picked up a Y Q4 of 2021 that was ordered in August. We placed another order for a similar Y a few weeks before that and it has yet to arrive. Tesla is all over the map, man.

Thought I'd check in with my current experience, though. I imagine the 6 seat configuration is pushing it closer to the front of the line, but again, Tesla like will likely play that fabulous game of shifting EDD's as it gets closer. If I don't see a 1 or 2 week window in EDD I don't even bother relying on it.

Reactions: LL#2

Don’t quote me, but uninsured motorists only really covers your deductible in the case of the vehicle if you already have collisions & theft. Uninsured also covers medical but if you are purchasing such a expensive car I can only assume you already have medical insurance. I always opt out of uninsured motorist and get an umbrella.

No. It just means your other coverage kicks in after that is consumed. Not sure if that’s a California thing but it’s normal.

Reactions: StewieGriffin
This will be Tesla #4. Ordered in 12/21, 6 seat configuration. Didn't complete the rest of the steps, and then 2 days ago I decided to add my info and complete that part (cash delivery, will swap it later to financing) and it says Estimated Delivery January. LOL. I've never once seen a target be the same month.

I've done this long enough to know this will keep swapping around.

I picked up a Y Q4 of 2021 that was ordered in August. We placed another order for a similar Y a few weeks before that and it has yet to arrive. Tesla is all over the map, man.

Thought I'd check in with my current experience, though. I imagine the 6 seat configuration is pushing it closer to the front of the line, but again, Tesla like will likely play that fabulous game of shifting EDD's as it gets closer. If I don't see a 1 or 2 week window in EDD I don't even bother relying on it.
They need to start adding a year. Pretty sure it’s supposed to be 2023 for you. BUT… given the current trend, you could get yours this month before my Jan 2021 order and some 2020 orders. It’s the Tesla way.

Happy New Year!!
Year passed by but, no delivery of my MX... Now Tesla is well above of their EST deliveries for Q4, they don't care until next quarter.
(Tesla's best business plan speared deliveries by quarter to meet their estimated deliveries not customers interest - IMO)
desperately needed my MX by EOY for my TAX write-off.

I was excited when I got my VIN - 1st time 11/30 - revoked 12/2
Excited again when I got my VIN - 2nd time 12/13 -EDD : 12/27 or EOY., never happened 😥 whenever I called them they say it is ready to ship.
I hear you. My tax consequence was probably smaller than yours, but real. I sold my MSP in July. In MO, we have 180 days from the time of a sale to buy a new vehicle. The sales tax burden is reduced by the sold vehicle, if sold within 180 days. I think my 180 days is up today. Had I taken delivery, I could have avoided all sales tax because of the price of the MSP.

Reactions: Zygote1975
Not sure if all other SoCal people got the same thing but my Feb-to-TBD EDD just changed to Feb again today. Ordered 2/1/21.
I'm so cal. I got changed from feb to TBD to vin. TBD to vin took about a week. ordered jan 27, 2021. Just got vin texted to me yesterday, will call tesla so see if it's on route or when is earliest delivery soon. I hope you get a Vin soon

Take this with a grain of salt, but just got off the phone with a SA, who indicated that most TBD's are looking at delivery beyond March of this year. They're having difficulty pinpointing an estimated delivery date due to ramp-up issues. They were expecting for significant increase in production through end of 2021, but weren't able to meet the numbers they were expecting. Keeping my fingers crossed that he's wrong.