Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wait. I have been taking a break from this thread because it's too depressing...

They are shipping Plaids now?
YES!*

* - fineprint: Yes, it appears that 1/a couple/some Plaids have been delivered over the past couple of weeks. Nobody that I'm currently aware of other than this YouTuber and a couple of secondhand comments have got it. It is suspicious as it came with aftermarket furry seat covers (yes, the guy is an aftermarket seller). It's also suspect because nobody on this forum has been singing about it incessantly. As Yakkodot suggests, it's time to go back to RipVanWinkling - maybe our deliveries will happen in 100 years when we wake up. I think it's fair to say that nobody has an exact clue whether they're really ramping up the Plaids (let alone the Xs as a whole) or not.

Just woke up today morning to see my Feb EDD gone to TBD. Anyone else seeing the same? :(

I am a VINer!

Got a text message today that the VIN was assigned and when I checked the app, it sure was! I have LR, white on white, 6 seater, no FSD. Delivery in SF Bay Area. I am hoping this means I can schedule the delivery this week.

I know there's a delivery checklist somewhere on this forum. Does anyone have the link handy?

Finally, thanks to all of you for making this painful wait bearable. Hope you get yours soon as well!

So for those of you that have received a VIN, what stage are you in with regard to Delivery Tasks in the app, and what’s your EDD? I ordered my 6-seat MX Plaid on 27 July 2021, received my VIN on 31 December 2021, and show an EDD of ’February’. I have completed the insurance and payment processes and am currently in a holding pattern at the ‘Review Agreements’ step. App says “You will be notified once your agreements are available for review.”

Just curious where everyone else (with a VIN) is in the flow, and if you’re past the ‘Review Agreements’ step, how long did it take to pass that step from completion of the payment step.

221AE126-47FD-4666-9141-9597450EF40E.png
50B5AA5B-B952-458E-823C-723F218F4118.jpeg
888B1109-3186-42B3-AF89-0457E8BF5BCA.png
712F6430-7019-42DC-A8BB-92F623F1AC92.png
2EA675FA-DF5D-43F3-80E3-A3DFDA8D4D6C.png

• Informative
Reactions: studioloft
So for those of you that have received a VIN, what stage are you in with regard to Delivery Tasks in the app, and what’s your EDD? I ordered my 6-seat MX Plaid on 27 July 2021, received my VIN on 31 December 2021, and show an EDD of ’February’. I have completed the insurance and payment processes and am currently in a holding pattern at the ‘Review Agreements’ step. App says “You will be notified once your agreements are available for review.”

Just curious where everyone else (with a VIN) is in the flow, and if you’re past the ‘Review Agreements’ step, how long did it take to pass that step from completion of the payment step.

View attachment 751541View attachment 751542View attachment 751543View attachment 751544View attachment 751545
The delivery team is the one who changes that information or delivery date. Your SA is able to see the stage it’s in if you’ve received a VIN.

Businesses prioritize their customers. VIP customers get better treatment than the rest. It’s not difficult - I can write the email for Tesla:

”We are eager to get your Model X to you, and we know it must be frustrating to keep waiting. While we have worked hard to build Teslas during the pandemic and global supply chain slowdown, there are some things that are simply beyond our control. We delivered the first new Model X vehicles last quarter, and we’re working as fast as we can through our large order backlog. As soon as we have a more accurate delivery date for you, we’ll let you know so you can work out details like trade-ins and financing. In the meantime, thanks again for your continued patience.”

Now, what about the people they convinced to buy a $6500 6-seat upgrade for 2021 delivery? How about: “We’re sorry we didn’t deliver your vehicle in 2021, but as a token of our appreciation, we will add 1000 free supercharger miles to your account when your Model X is delivered”.

Finally, know what would have been great? How about sending all the $100K reservation holders a holiday card with a picture of a Tesla on it. Like, a real paper card in the mail. The cost would be far less than the goodwill it would have generated.

I’d apply for a job in Tesla communications but I couldn’t afford the pay cut.
Great email. Actually, I think you COULD be the Tesla Communications division — in your spare time. It would only take one day a month to draft an update email and feed it into a MailChimp program. You could probably even take a long lunch and a leisurely afternoon that day!

Has anyone waited longer than a Year to get their car? I ordered March 21st 2021, was told I would get the car by June. Then June turned into July then October to December and now February!
I ordered two months before you and a 6 seater and mine says Feb. don’t look at that date it doesn’t mean anything other than that WON’T be the month you get your car.

Received VIN on 12/18. I’ve been calling daily (business days). Last Wednesday they said my car was in the rail yard awaiting a train (expected to arrival at dealership on 1/7). Today, they told me the same thing, except that the arrival was TBD without a date.

Even with a VIN, it seems to take a really long time (3+ weeks) for Midwest deliveries.

The app still says EDD = TBD

So I went to my delivery center to schedule delivery date (model X LR, blue, black int) after getting the vinn assingned to me yesterday. Will pick it up this Wednesday. It turned out that the car was on the lot Dec 29th. According to the SA, the car was scheduled for someone else but they could not complete the delivery, so they released the vin and it went to me. I'm looking into my MVPA page now and it also stated that it has 128 miles on it.

I hope it's not a reject due to something wrong with it, but purely that first person just couldn't secure finance prior to dec 31 - end of quarter rush.

Wait. I have been taking a break from this thread because it's too depressing...

They are shipping Plaids now?
YES!*

* - fineprint: Yes, it appears that 1/a couple/some Plaids have been delivered over the past couple of weeks. Nobody that I'm currently aware of other than this YouTuber and a couple of secondhand comments have got it. It is suspicious as it came with aftermarket furry seat covers (yes, the guy is an aftermarket seller). It's also suspect because nobody on this forum has been singing about it incessantly. As Yakkodot suggests, it's time to go back to RipVanWinkling - maybe our deliveries will happen in 100 years when we wake up. I think it's fair to say that nobody has an exact clue whether they're really ramping up the Plaids (let alone the Xs as a whole) or not.
According to the spreadsheet we have 3 Plaid VINs associated with TMC members.
@BryWay , @CJMurphy11 & @icebear1987

So I went to my delivery center to schedule delivery date (model X LR, blue, black int) after getting the vinn assingned to me yesterday. Will pick it up this Wednesday. It turned out that the car was on the lot Dec 29th. According to the SA, the car was scheduled for someone else but they could not complete the delivery, so they released the vin and it went to me. I'm looking into my MVPA page now and it also stated that it has 128 miles on it.

I hope it's not a reject due to something wrong with it, but purely that first person just couldn't secure finance prior to dec 31 - end of quarter rush.
Check everything.