Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You do

You don't need to fight...it'll come in 30 days or less just ask.
I was told by my tesla advisor that when I someday receive the mythical VIN he can go in to my account and with managers approval add the $2000 credit. I don’t intend to give Tesla more money than I already am with the hopes somebody will cut me a check when they get around to it. I’ve lost all confidence in Tesla management.

I was told by my tesla advisor that when I someday receive the mythical VIN he can go in to my account and with managers approval add the $2000 credit. I don’t intend to give Tesla more money than I already am with the hopes somebody will cut me a check when they get around to it. I’ve lost all confidence in Tesla management.
So after you're VINed, set delivery date, wait until credit appears, then pay. I paid right away. Others waited for credit to pay.

Reactions: KidsEyeDr
Went to the Plano, TX service center for service for my Model 3 today, asked the advisor how many new Model Xs they’ve delivered, and he said “2”, both were 2020 orders…

My 30th birthday is coming up at the end of March, would be a perfect gift for myself but I really doubt if I can get it by then… May 2021 order, LR white/white 6 seater.

Reactions: msjodilynn1
Another interesting tweet by @troyteslike showing a worldwide backlog of around 19k MX orders and production at approximately 5k per quarter.
View attachment 752054
According to these numbers, in theory I should have an X delivered this month as I ordered jan 22 2021, meaning approximately maybe 1,700-ish orders were before me which should have been knocked out in nov/dec 2021 :D.....atleast this is what my brain wants to believe lol

According to these numbers, in theory I should have an X delivered this month as I ordered jan 22 2021, meaning approximately maybe 1,700-ish orders were before me which should have been knocked out in nov/dec 2021 :D.....atleast this is what my brain wants to believe lol
Ah but don’t forget that now they are just going to build plaids until they have at least several in inventory for each SC 😂

So where are the lawyers on here, and why is there no class action yet?! I know there are many of us who were duped into paying an extra $6500 with the information that they’d only be making 6 seat LR’s and that if we “upgraded” to that, we’d take delivery in 2021. However, 2021 has come and gone, many of us still don’t have VIN’s, and they’re now delivering a few 7 seaters and plenty of Plaids to people who ordered 6 months or more after some of us. They literally could not have screwed this roll out up any worse than they have, and they just keep making it worse. I know I’m not the only one who was told that they “guaranteed” delivery this year, and while it wasn’t ever done in writing, it’s what they apparently told everyone, and I’m also pretty sure at least one person said they had that statement recorded. If lawyers asked for it, they could probably get access to the recordings from Tesla where the reps made the guarantee. Component delays do not account for the fact that they’re delivering vehicles to people who ordered 6 months later than many of us. They’re just bold-faced lying at this point.

So where are the lawyers on here, and why is there no class action yet?! I know there are many of us who were duped into paying an extra $6500 with the information that they’d only be making 6 seat LR’s and that if we “upgraded” to that, we’d take delivery in 2021. However, 2021 has come and gone, many of us still don’t have VIN’s, and they’re now delivering a few 7 seaters and plenty of Plaids to people who ordered 6 months or more after some of us. They literally could not have screwed this roll out up any worse than they have, and they just keep making it worse. I know I’m not the only one who was told that they “guaranteed” delivery this year, and while it wasn’t ever done in writing, it’s what they apparently told everyone, and I’m also pretty sure at least one person said they had that statement recorded. If lawyers asked for it, they could probably get access to the recordings from Tesla where the reps made the guarantee. Component delays do not account for the fact that they’re delivering vehicles to people who ordered 6 months later than many of us. They’re just bold-faced lying at this point.
Your lawsuit wouldn’t go anywhere - even with a recording tesla would just throw the sales advisors under the bus and say they misspoke and don’t actually represent official company policy.

Same thing in my line of work - only certain people at the company are authorized to sign contracts and agree to stuff on behalf of the company - I’m not of them. If I signed a contract with a vendor saying we’d do XYZ it isn’t valid.

And yes, what happened is total bull sugar and everyone who was promised that better get a VIN this month.

Last edited:
Read top of page 4 or your Reservation Order (more recent orders moved it to middle of Page 3). You agreed to arbitrate unless you opted out within 30 days so you cannot take Tesla to court. Some folks did opt out but very few. Therefore no class action.