Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
... And why would the guy driving the Ferrari know that your car is faster than his???

It comes down to you thinking that you know the Ferrari guy knows your SUV is faster... Hence, your ego is boosted! 😁😁😁
Well that was for the person who said they wouldn’t use the Plaid setting.

Me? I’m definitely going to smoke that Ferrari every time.

I ordered the Plaid 5 seater, White, black interior, 20" wheels, no fsd, in June 2021.

I got the following text yesterday when I asked if I could still receive my car as originally ordered:

Tesla:

Hello, you may select either of following options:
1. Move your order to a Model X Plaid 6-Seat configuration. You will receive a price adjustment of $6,500 that is intended to mitigate the adjusted price.
2. Move your order to a Model X LONG RANGE 5 Seat Configuration. This will move your estimated delivery to, at the latest, May 2023. You will also be subject to current pricing and your estimated vehicle price after adjustment would be $106,190.

Me:

I'll select option 1

Tesla:

Please visit your online Tesla account to edit your configuration. Please select "Manage" to access your vehicle order page, then select the "Edit Design" link on the right-hand side. Please be advised that any updates to your vehicle configuration will cause the entirety of your order to be migrated to our website's most-current pricing and may affect your vehicle's estimated delivery timing.
interesting, I'm assuming if you changed the order to a 5 seater MX LR, then they plan to put you at the end of the line, as if a new order. Good choice made then indeed! All signs point to that they still plan on making 5 (and 7) seater LR Xs, I suppose that's good for the LR folks.

Reactions: studioloft and EV3_
I ordered the Plaid 5 seater, White, black interior, 20" wheels, no fsd, in June 2021.

I got the following text yesterday when I asked if I could still receive my car as originally ordered:

Tesla:

1. Move your order to a Model X Plaid 6-Seat configuration. You will receive a price adjustment of $6,500 that is intended to mitigate the adjusted price.
2. Move your order to a Model X LONG RANGE 5 Seat Configuration. This will move your estimated delivery to, at the latest, May 2023. You will also be subject to current pricing and your estimated vehicle price after adjustment would be $106,190.

Me:

I'll select option 1

Tesla:

Please visit your online Tesla account to edit your configuration. Please select "Manage" to access your vehicle order page, then select the "Edit Design" link on the right-hand side. Please be advised that any updates to your vehicle configuration will cause the entirety of your order to be migrated to our website's most-current pricing and may affect your vehicle's estimated delivery timing.
Well somebody really ought to tell Sam!

• Disagree
Reactions: zapparino

Tesla:

Me:

I'll select option 1

Tesla:

So, for those of us who ordered the six seater’s to begin with get to pay full price, while others essentially get the same option for $6500 less than what I’m paying? In what universe is this fair?

And then there's those of us who were promised delivery before the end of last year, who switched to a 6 seater for the plaid and then get stuck paying the extra price for the upgrade and no difference in delivery date at all. I tried emailing the guy who contacted me from Fremont who had me switch from 7 to 6. No response as expected.

Reactions: Stro and jbrowdy
That’s a really confusing offer. So they will make you pay price increases but then give you $6500 back? That doesn’t offset the price increases or has plaid never gone up in price still?
The price for plaid was never increased as far as I know, just the LR price increased.

It does seem terrible that they make you pay the price increase to switch to LR. Also terrible that it sounds like they put you at the back of the line.

Reactions: Elixir
I live 30 minutes from fremont, 20 mins from Colma, Ca. and the car VIN assigned to me is still waiting for transit lol
When was your VIN assigned ?

I was assigned VIN last week but I am told that the car is still at factory. I live 25min from Fremont. Delivery date still says TBD. Unfortunately, no one picks up phone at Fremont Delivery center.

Reactions: niogyn
So, for those of us who ordered the six seater’s to begin with get to pay full price, while others essentially get the same option for $6500 less than what I’m paying? In what universe is this fair?
I don't even want the 6 seat version. But it looks like I have no option but to order it if I want the Plaid. I'd much prefer a 5 seater

Got my car Friday 1/7/22. Apparently the person who was assigned to could not be available to sign paperwork for delivery and it got matched to me w 128miles on odometer when receiving car. It was not washed or pre. Some grass and mild dirt footprint in carpet. The falcon wing door on passenger side had some plastic gap trim issues. Both key fobs did not pair. Already made service appt. Overall car drives nice and the rest of cosmetics issues can and will be solved

Attachments

• 72B48AAA-6DE6-4E8A-90F1-10D715AA748A.jpeg
    72B48AAA-6DE6-4E8A-90F1-10D715AA748A.jpeg
    541 KB · Views: 116
  • E526320D-C1A7-44E3-8248-99B5D06DB4E3.jpeg
    E526320D-C1A7-44E3-8248-99B5D06DB4E3.jpeg
    375.3 KB · Views: 77
  • A328D176-C47E-470E-B064-7677705E5F94.jpeg
    A328D176-C47E-470E-B064-7677705E5F94.jpeg
    316.7 KB · Views: 79
I don't even want the 6 seat version. But it looks like I have no option but to order it if I want the Plaid. I'd much prefer a 5 seater
I hear you. None of this is your fault or any customer’s fault. Just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Similar to what I felt several years ago, when my local service advisors were pushing hard to get me into an inventory P100D. I bought it at full price and shortly after, model X prices absolutely plummeted. On top of the insult, they upgraded to MCU2 immediately after I bought mine. Although I loved the car, I had lots of issues with MCU1.

Reactions: Donjo
Got my car Friday 1/7/22. Apparently the person who was assigned to could not be available to sign paperwork for delivery and it got matched to me w 128miles on odometer when receiving car. It was not washed or pre. Some grass and mild dirt footprint in carpet. The falcon wing door on passenger side had some plastic gap trim issues. Both key fobs did not pair. Already made service appt. Overall car drives nice and the rest of cosmetics issues can and will be solved
I don't understand why the steering wheel where airbag is has that snake crease. I've seen it on a bunch of Yokes. I also had it on my Model S Plaid which I scheduled an appointment and they fixed it. But it seems like its on most of the Yokes and yet they can deliver it with it fixed as they did mine after ordering another airbag.

Correct.

Based only on my observation, it seems they have been delivering a batch of 6-seater LR (and I guess some Plaid) orders, and the next batch in line is potentially the 5-seater cohort. I assume that earlier 5 orders will go ahead of me, and depending on supply chain and other logistical variables, I could get kicked to the next batch. Again - this is just based on some intuition. The odd deliveries for later orders lines up with the idea that they're putting orders into cohorts.
I can almost guarantee with 100% certainty that you will not get your car in Q1 or Q2. Possibly even Q3, but the ramp up could happen by then.

• Informative
Reactions: KidsEyeDr and TJPDX