Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Waiting patiently for my Model X Plaid, 5-seater, in Seattle (ordered April 2021). I had been emailing my Tesla advisor trying to get an update about timing and whether there are any changes I can make to my configuration to make delivery come sooner. I called the showroom in Seattle and received the following update from Sam (for what it's worth):

• He had not heard that Tesla is not making 5- or 7-seaters and does not recommend that I change anything about my configuration.
  • He has seen a "handful' of Model X Plaids delivered in Seattle and says they have "very slowly been rolling them out."
  • He believes that the Plaids will be "delivered first."
  • The February EDD is very much a placeholder.
  • The person who was originally assigned as my Tesla advisor is no longer assigned to me, which is probably why he was not returning my messages. If I want further updates, I should just call the showroom.
I am not presenting any of this as gospel. Just reporting on what a person named Sam at the showroom told me.
Elon Musk himself tweeted that it'll only be offered in 6 seats. However, I'm praying you guys get the 5/7 seat configs you asked for. But we've seen multiple people say they got email/text from their SAs letting them know they're being upgraded to 6 seats for no additional fees. So we shall see what happens.

Got my car Friday 1/7/22. Apparently the person who was assigned to could not be available to sign paperwork for delivery and it got matched to me w 128miles on odometer when receiving car. It was not washed or pre. Some grass and mild dirt footprint in carpet. The falcon wing door on passenger side had some plastic gap trim issues. Both key fobs did not pair. Already made service appt. Overall car drives nice and the rest of cosmetics issues can and will be solved
128 miles is massive. Did they try to do an at-home delivery and that's what fell through?

Also, unacceptable for the car to generally be in that condition at delivery.

I don't understand why the steering wheel where airbag is has that snake crease. I've seen it on a bunch of Yokes. I also had it on my Model S Plaid which I scheduled an appointment and they fixed it. But it seems like its on most of the Yokes and yet they can deliver it with it fixed as they did mine after ordering another airbag.
It really is such a weird and glaring lack of attention to detail.

So, for those of us who ordered the six seater’s to begin with get to pay full price, while others essentially get the same option for $6500 less than what I’m paying? In what universe is this fair?
That's what happened to me jbrowdy. Ordered pre $10K price bump, but still had to pay the extra $10K even though the window sticker reflects the lower price. This isn't much unlike what Ford and Mercedes are doing wrt "Market Adjustment" over and above the sticker price. Thought about taking Tesla to task about it, but their order agreement clearly states that pricing and features remain in flux until delivery, and I had the right to refuse delivery (but obviously wasn't going to do that). I've attached my window sticker vs. the Delivery Configuration sheet which shows the actual price. The base Model X price, the Model X Plaid option, and the 6-seat config price are all different compared to the Delivery Config sheet.

IMG_1106.jpg

Delivery Config.jpg

128 miles is massive. Did they try to do an at-home delivery and that's what fell through?

Also, unacceptable for the car to generally be in that condition at delivery.
yeah,,, picked it up at buena park, CA. The car was supposed to be delivered to someone in Arcadia which is like 20 miles away. Should technically have 40 to 80 miles max. I also found a extra piece of center console (maybe temp control or some sort). Which led me to believe that the car was fixed for something and they had to test drive it. Either way, I plan on using the car and so far it's only cosmetic issues with it and nothing that affected the drive. Drove about 100+ miles over the weekend and all is well. Basically I was sick of driving a Honda for almost a year while wait for this, so I just took delivery. I'll report back here w any updates. Hope you guys get your vin soon. Best Tesla yet. I've own 2015 model S, 2016 Model S, 2020 Model Y (wife)

That's what happened to me jbrowdy. Ordered pre $10K price bump, but still had to pay the extra $10K even though the window sticker reflects the lower price. This isn't much unlike what Ford and Mercedes are doing wrt "Market Adjustment" over and above the sticker price. Thought about taking Tesla to task about it, but their order agreement clearly states that pricing and features remain in flux until delivery, and I had the right to refuse delivery (but obviously wasn't going to do that). I've attached my window sticker vs. the Delivery Configuration sheet which shows the actual price. The base Model X price, the Model X Plaid option, and the 6-seat config price are all different compared to the Delivery Config sheet.

View attachment 754246
View attachment 754247
your MVPA date is 7/27/2021 which is post price bump

yeah,,, picked it up at buena park, CA. The car was supposed to be delivered to someone in Arcadia which is like 20 miles away. Should technically have 40 to 80 miles max. I also found a extra piece of center console (maybe temp control or some sort). Which led me to believe that the car was fixed for something and they had to test drive it. Either way, I plan on using the car and so far it's only cosmetic issues with it and nothing that affected the drive. Drove about 100+ miles over the weekend and all is well. Basically I was sick of driving a Honda for almost a year while wait for this, so I just took delivery. I'll report back here w any updates. Hope you guys get your vin soon. Best Tesla yet. I've own 2015 model S, 2016 Model S, 2020 Model Y (wife)
What was your order date?

I can almost guarantee with 100% certainty that you will not get your car in Q1 or Q2. Possibly even Q3, but the ramp up could happen by then.
Yeah, that seems like a good bet given folks like you have been waiting a year or more and the deliveries are at a trickle. Also because there haven't been any 5/7's yet, and it's already mid-Jan. I hope that they ramp up production, but I can only go on the information available. If I get punted as you said, I'll have to consider switching to a Y or something.

Yeah, that seems like a good bet given folks like you have been waiting a year or more and the deliveries are at a trickle. Also because there haven't been any 5/7's yet, and it's already mid-Jan. I hope that they ramp up production, but I can only go on the information available. If I get punted as you said, I'll have to consider switching to a Y or something.
Do not get rid of your reservation. We've seen much later orders get fulfilled before many of us old timers, including much older folks (2020 orders).

Can anyone share their RN number for their Plaid order who got the free upgrade from the 7 or 5 seater to 6 seater model? My SA is trying to help me get a discount for the change but she needs one to reference to try and help me out.
@Niranga is your best bet I believe. Unless I got the name wrong.

Reactions: Dagna1