Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I only have a high school diploma and some college. Maybe we should add education level to the tracking spreadsheet. It might make more sense than the order date, location, or config! :p
I have a GED, no college. I did k-3 7-10th grade only. Retired at 31. Not a trust fund kid. I dont have rich parents. We came from nothing like kidseyedoctor. Maybe that is the key to vining. Sorry Stro!

GUYS I’M A VINNER DON’T BE MAD

My terrible experiment worked and now I have a VIN for a very wonderful but more expensive car than originally planned
Do you have MVPA and Delivery Configuration on your Account Dashboard ? If yes, what miles is it showing ? Do you have Fremont as Delivery center ?

My documents were showing 15 miles on Sunday, they changed to 18 miles today. I have the same config as you, but black interior. My VIN is in 3297xx range, yours is 3298xxx.

CarPlay allows you to have the car be an extension of your phone. It comes in very handy when you own a large library of music, take a lot of calls, get a lot of texts and can use the voice features to access all of it.
I want it for Waze, Teams, and Apple Music.
For me it's not CarPlay necessarily but the lack of Apple Music and maybe zoom. Maps/Nav is also better in my area anyway.

When you connect your phone via Bluetooth one of the source options that comes up is Bluetooth. Right next to your other audio sources.
In my old 2017 X in the rare occurrence I wanted to listen to some obscure music on Soundcloud I would use this option.

Elon started a little Twitter war conversation years ago saying that Apple (Carplay) and Android (Android Auto) will never come to Tesla because there is no feature that these apps offer that isn't otherwise supported better in Tesla's UI. Before I bought my 2017 X I disagreed with this but after owning an X I totally get it. Bluetooth gives you the one-off app audio support (Apple Music, Zoom, Teams, etc)

I highly doubt Apple Music will be implemented in a native app. Their subscriber base is in freefall and when they lost so many subscribers Apple eventually stopped publicizing how many are currently enrolled. Apple Music for some reason doesn't want to compete with Spotify. It doesn't allow users to share playlists with their friends, make collaborative playlists, discover new artists/friends, view what your friends are currently listening to, recommend concerts, has a lackluster year-in-review, I could go on...
-Tidal was recently implemented but to indirectly quote Elon because Tidal offers lossless uncompressed audio streaming.
-You can also use Tesla's native music player and load songs to your car via the USB port / flash drive.

Not to get too far off topic.
I digress - the Tesla UI while it has it's imperfections is decades beyond Carplay or AndroidAuto.

Yeah that’s the part that makes me angry. The X and S are delayed so much because everything is focused on the cheaper mass market models that are being produced in newer and better factories. It’s like, I get it - if you can make 20 model Y in the time it takes to get 1 X out the door your margins are actually way better and you get to collect money from customers fast before you owe suppliers under your payment terms.

From a purely financial standpoint it makes total sense why they would do it, but from a consumer standpoint the “halo” cars should be a priority.
I drove from LA to SF this morning and saw the usual onslaught of trucks full of Tesla’s on board. Out of the nearly 30 trucks I saw heading southbound on I-5, there was only a single refresh Model X to be found (mostly white Y’s and 3’s of course). The X was a black/black w/22” wheels…hopefully thats good news for 1 person on this board.

Do you have MVPA and Delivery Configuration on your Account Dashboard ? If yes, what miles is it showing ? Do you have Fremont as Delivery center ?

My documents were showing 15 miles on Sunday, they changed to 18 miles today. I have the same config as you, but black interior. My VIN is in 3297xx range, yours is 3298xxx.
Fremont delivery, 21 miles on MVPA

I have a GED, no college. I did k-3 7-10th grade only. Retired at 31. Not a trust fund kid. I dont have rich parents. We came from nothing like kidseyedoctor. Maybe that is the key to vining. Sorry Stro!
Hell yea, brother! That’s what I love to hear. Honestly, a degree is nothing more than a piece of paper. It opens doors for you, but not necessary if you know how to kick them wide open.

GUYS I’M A VINNER DON’T BE MAD

My terrible experiment worked and now I have a VIN for a very wonderful but more expensive car than originally planned
This is both great and depressing...

I remember around the M3 ramp, Elon responded about certain Tesla sales centers giving price discounts for end of quarter pushes (maybe floor models?) and he said "if you can't explain to another customer why certain customers get a discount and not you without feeling embarrassed, then you should not be doing it".

Sort of similar situation. I miss that Tesla.

Reactions: aagarwa5