Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Car is ready for pick up! Delivery appt at 2:00 today
When you pick up your rocket ship, would you mind inquiring about the hold up and the status of the 5/7 seaters? I personally was hoping to take delivery during the first half of the year. However, hearing several bad news about the delay to 2023, I am really contemplating of getting a plaid six seater (I really don't want to) or talking to my SA to see if I can change my LR to a 6 six seater without getting in back of the line and paying the price increase. Seeing all my family and friends getting their first Tesla recently is really causing my uncomfortable itch to be a full blown RASH!

Requesting on behalf of myself and my fellow 5/7 seater orders. THANK YOU!

My plaid has TBD!!!! Is this good? Haha
I would take any change! My account is stuck on February. A user a while back said he works in logistics and saw evidence that shipments were being planned for outside of CA in the very near future. That said, from what I recall, I think he only mentioned neighboring or close-by states. If you are still here, can you comment on shipments to the Midwest?!?

Screenshot 2022-01-13 at 07.46.51.png

thanks for nothing, Joshua

I’ve had the same responses from tesla support and my local SA yesterday re my 7 seater order. TBH, I didn’t even know my SA until Tesla support informed me of him yesterday. They both said essentially the same thing, that feb is what it says, will let me know if any new further updates.

Agree, not really very helpful but I have to hand it to them for not making some fairy tale estimate up either.

Reactions: TJPDX
While I am happy for my fellow Plaid reservation holders, this is really, really rubbing me the wrong way. I paid for it and others are getting it for free.
They don’t want it though. I would be pissed if Tesla tried to give me 22’s on my Plaid for free. It would be a downgrade for me from the 20’s I want.

I would feel bad for them more than anything. I think we should be rooting for Tesla to do things like this to make amends more often. I wouldn’t expect them to give me a discount though.

I contacted Tesla to ask them about my Plaid order. I took delivery of a Model X Black/Black LR and switched from 7 seater to 6 seater to receive it earlier. I thought about changing my plaid Model X from Black to Red but the cost difference would hurt. I was told that there is a price difference from the time of my order in October. I would also get charged to go from 7 seater to 6 seater. All in all it was going to be around 6k more to change the color. I decided to keep it the same for now. He said I would get contacted to change to the 6 seater at some point and there would be no charge. I figured I could always get it wrapped red when I eventually take delivery.

Still having issues with one of the FWD but hopefully service will be able to fix that. also do you want to PM me so we can exchange one more of digits in the Vin? so we can figure out how close our cars were together.
I am also having issues with one of my FWD doors. They said an ultrasonic sensor is bad, door will not close without holding the button on main screen to override, been doing it since I got home. Waiting for part to get to Michigan. Otherwise, I absolutely love the car!!

I am also having issues with one of my FWD doors. They said an ultrasonic sensor is bad, door will not close without holding the button on main screen to override, been doing it since I got home. Waiting for part to get to Michigan. Otherwise, I absolutely love the car!!
Im having the Exact same issue. are early is your Vin? may be it only effects early on built cars.

Hey guys. I have a couple questions since this is my first tesla.

1. Is it normal for the app and the car to take along time to find each other? Example if I wanted to heat up the car before I leave work. It just keeps saying last seen this many hours and wont let me do anything until I get next to the car.

2. I have some podcasts that I downloaded on a usb drive and put it in the car. It works fine but each time I go in the car it starts from the beginning. Anyway for it to save where I stopped at?
1. I don't own a Tesla, but have the app for when i use my father ou my brother Model S, from my experience sometimes its fast to find the car other times is slow, sometimes it find one car fast, and the other take a litle more time, don't know why.

2º I have no expirience in that matter.