Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Let's not add politics yet to this equation., but I'm not sure why lately there is a popular opinion to devalue education. I see why we might do this when empowering someone personally that didn't have the same opportunities as many for an education. That has true and genuine value. But if two guys walk in the door for an interview, and all other things being equal, you may probably pick the guy with the degree, since if anything, they've shown a proven ability to stay on task even when the going is a bit tough. And chances are they communicate easier since they'd been intensely practicing that 4 years longer.
I don't think anyone was devaluing education. I was only using myself as an example of someone who did not go through the normal education = success path in life. I have always been extremely motivated to better my situation. When I was 4 I would go to the bars in my little home town and collect aluminum cans to recycle to make money. When I was 9 and in 3rd grade I had a paper rout with 1,500 people. When I should have been in 4th, 5th and 6th grade I was working on a farm and driving anything with wheels and a motor. 7th and 8th grade had a paper rout again. 9th and 10th grade I started working 40 hour weeks. I was on honor role when I just went and got my GED so I didn't need to keep going to school. At 17 I joined the military (so I would be able to pay for college) graduating at the top of my class and every other course I took in the military. Formal education is a good standard to judge knolage and abilities by...however if you judge a fish by how well they climb a tree they will always be a failure.

I have a 16yo daughter (class of 2023) who is on track to graduate high-school with 60 college credits and start college at 17. She also has a jobe and is on the national honor society. She wants to be an Anesthesiologist and is motivated to accomplish this with as little school debt as possible. She had plans to have 5 to 6 years of her school paid by doing the first 60 credits in high-school and an additional 36 months with my G.I. bill. College is her path to success.

Okay stepping off my soapbox...probably going to go sell it for some extra cash or repurpose it.

I called Tesla today about adding the FSD to my Plaid order. I have an EDD of Feb 2022 like many others (June 2021 order date). I asked if I add the FSD to my order could I remove it if I changed my mind at the time of delivery. My thinking is I would rather lock it in before the 20% price increase in a few days. He confirmed that adding it would have no effect on my EDD and that I could decline FSD at the time of pick up. So my question to all of you awaiting delivery is, why not add it now at the "discounted" price and remove it if you change your mind?

Just got this text. Any insight?

Hello From Tesla - As we continue to prepare for your active Tesla order please confirm your intent to pay the full cash balance for your vehicle by replying FULL PAYMENT.
If this is in error and you are looking to lease or you are looking to finance your vehicle with Tesla or a third party bank/credit union please reply UPDATE PAYMENT. If third party lending please include your bank name and the loan amount you will be applying for.
NOTE: Delivery is prioritized for customers who have submitted all items in their Tesla Account. Please complete your profile on tesla.com/teslaaccount Incomplete tasks will delay delivery timing.

I called Tesla today about adding the FSD to my Plaid order. I have an EDD of Feb 2022 like many others (June 2021 order date). I asked if I add the FSD to my order could I remove it if I changed my mind at the time of delivery. My thinking is I would rather lock it in before the 20% price increase in a few days. He confirmed that adding it would have no effect on my EDD and that I could decline FSD at the time of pick up. So my question to all of you awaiting delivery is, why not add it now at the "discounted" price and remove it if you change your mind?
I think if you're on the fence about getting it, this would be a great time to add it and lock in the lower price to give you more time to make a decision. For me personally, the value of FSD simply doesn't match the price - especially being in beta mode still. Adding it now would just be more work for me to cancel it later.

What does TBD actually mean?

Given that most of us have accepted that February is a placeholder, why would they switch some of us from Feb to TBD?
to be honest, TBD is nothing, I would rather say as good as February. I would say just wait for the next update from Tesla. If you are lucky, you might get a VIN(Not sure you already have) and then the delivery date.

It has happened with most of the people here switching between TBD and month name.:oops:

Just lost the documentation links in my account...

1642119885561.png

So after drive home from Pittsburgh my initial impressions are - it’s amazing - I have a 2020 x basically the exact same except 7 seater and black interior. This new one fit and finish is so much more premium feeling. The doors close better the drive is smoother. Won’t bore you with it all but to wait as long as we all have and (some still are) getting the vehicle I am so happy I am not disappointed. Tesla definitely has a lot of customer service and communication issues to work out, but product…. Absolutely getting better with each of there vehicles
That's great. My rejected VIN had all kinds of cosmetic defects and fit and finish issues. Sounds like they're producing at least some keepers.

Just realized they added year to your EDD on the web.

View attachment 755409
Thanks for the heads up. I've got:

Estimated delivery: March 2023

Which, okay, I ordered in November. 5 months (March 2022) would be a lot faster than most on this thread. However, estimating 17mos from order to delivery is absolutely nuts. So much for ramped up production. How did it take them until now to push that change to the website?