Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
as i was reading this tread just now, I looked over at my order page and noticed they also added 2022 to my February date. Wonder if that's solidifying that it may actually happen in Feb being others are getting March dates?

I want to add... I check this page daily to see if any new VIN's or Deliveries have happened, and over the course of these past few days i've seen a lot of complaints... Y'all act like you've never purchased a Tesla before? This is all normal.. Sometimes vins are assigned incorrectly, sometimes things happen and it all gets slowed down.. This huge snow storm coming in the next week isn't going to help anything.
Calm down, Grab your coffee/coco and chill! We will all get our cars eventually. And the longer we wait the more chances we have to get one with some of the known bugs worked out, or who knows maybe even Matrix headlights!
Id gladly delay my order out another month just to get the matrix headlights added.

When you pick up your rocket ship, would you mind inquiring about the hold up and the status of the 5/7 seaters? I personally was hoping to take delivery during the first half of the year. However, hearing several bad news about the delay to 2023, I am really contemplating of getting a plaid six seater (I really don't want to) or talking to my SA to see if I can change my LR to a 6 six seater without getting in back of the line and paying the price increase. Seeing all my family and friends getting their first Tesla recently is really causing my uncomfortable itch to be a full blown RASH!

Requesting on behalf of myself and my fellow 5/7 seater orders. THANK YOU!
Doesn’t matter if they ask or not. They Don’t know “sugar”. Your dream of getting some relevant information from a delivery person is just that……a dream. This is the mistake that people keep making on this forum. They keep thinking that if they find the right person, they'll get some real and accurate information. Bad news people…..it ain’t happening. Tesla is the black hole of common sense and useful customer information.

• Love
Reactions: focher and outie
I don't think anyone was devaluing education. I was only using myself as an example of someone who did not go through the normal education = success path in life. I have always been extremely motivated to better my situation. When I was 4 I would go to the bars in my little home town and collect aluminum cans to recycle to make money. When I was 9 and in 3rd grade I had a paper rout with 1,500 people. When I should have been in 4th, 5th and 6th grade I was working on a farm and driving anything with wheels and a motor. 7th and 8th grade had a paper rout again. 9th and 10th grade I started working 40 hour weeks. I was on honor role when I just went and got my GED so I didn't need to keep going to school. At 17 I joined the military (so I would be able to pay for college) graduating at the top of my class and every other course I took in the military. Formal education is a good standard to judge knolage and abilities by...however if you judge a fish by how well they climb a tree they will always be a failure.

I have a 16yo daughter (class of 2023) who is on track to graduate high-school with 60 college credits and start college at 17. She also has a jobe and is on the national honor society. She wants to be an Anesthesiologist and is motivated to accomplish this with as little school debt as possible. She had plans to have 5 to 6 years of her school paid by doing the first 60 credits in high-school and an additional 36 months with my G.I. bill. College is her path to success.

Okay stepping off my soapbox...probably going to go sell it for some extra cash or repurpose it.
Absolutely love this. Degrees, no degrees, school, no school, and we are all in the same waiting room together! We are fortunate to be together!!

I don't think anyone was devaluing education. I was only using myself as an example of someone who did not go through the normal education = success path in life. I have always been extremely motivated to better my situation. When I was 4 I would go to the bars in my little home town and collect aluminum cans to recycle to make money. When I was 9 and in 3rd grade I had a paper rout with 1,500 people. When I should have been in 4th, 5th and 6th grade I was working on a farm and driving anything with wheels and a motor. 7th and 8th grade had a paper rout again. 9th and 10th grade I started working 40 hour weeks. I was on honor role when I just went and got my GED so I didn't need to keep going to school. At 17 I joined the military (so I would be able to pay for college) graduating at the top of my class and every other course I took in the military. Formal education is a good standard to judge knolage and abilities by...however if you judge a fish by how well they climb a tree they will always be a failure.

I have a 16yo daughter (class of 2023) who is on track to graduate high-school with 60 college credits and start college at 17. She also has a jobe and is on the national honor society. She wants to be an Anesthesiologist and is motivated to accomplish this with as little school debt as possible. She had plans to have 5 to 6 years of her school paid by doing the first 60 credits in high-school and an additional 36 months with my G.I. bill. College is her path to success.

Okay stepping off my soapbox...probably going to go sell it for some extra cash or repurpose it.

i'm not sure what this school, no school, med school discussion is about. I'm just here trying to get a feel about when my X is coming. Hopefully this thread can stay somewhat on topic even though it is a 'waiting room'

I called Tesla today about adding the FSD to my Plaid order. I have an EDD of Feb 2022 like many others (June 2021 order date). I asked if I add the FSD to my order could I remove it if I changed my mind at the time of delivery. My thinking is I would rather lock it in before the 20% price increase in a few days. He confirmed that adding it would have no effect on my EDD and that I could decline FSD at the time of pick up. So my question to all of you awaiting delivery is, why not add it now at the "discounted" price and remove it if you change your mind?
Seems like you have nothing to lose. You net $2K of a value add that you don't pay for due to price increase next week.

I am in a similar boat. I am a pre-refresh order price. At the moment, $17K below current pricing. I figure I may add FSD and then rationalize it by beaming with, I am now $19K before new buyers if and when I actually drive it away. So I take another $10K hit, waited a year thus far but end up $19K ahead if I ever get delivery. Its an LR, not a Plaid. I welcome comments too.

Seems like you have nothing to lose. You net $2K of a value add that you don't pay for due to price increase next week.

I am in a similar boat. I am a pre-refresh order price. At the moment, $17K below current pricing. I figure I may add FSD and then rationalize it by beaming with, I am now $19K before new buyers if and when I actually drive it away. So I take another $10K hit, waited a year thus far but end up $19K ahead if I ever get delivery. Its an LR, not a Plaid. I welcome comments too.
I am in the same boat and added FSD. My only reason is next year there will be a new FSD computer coming along with cyber truck and in a case where the current one gets outdated there is a chance of free upgrade. I think Tesla removes FSD before reselling used cars is to get rid of free camera and computer upgrades.

Reactions: golferguy