Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How much progress has there been in deliveries since late December? Got busy with holidays and now work so hadn’t been refreshing and checking in as much as I had. For me still Feb I believe my 1 year order mark is the 16-17 of January.

It’s getting crunch time we have had 1 car all of the pandemic and reluctantly have to do office days now twice a week soca second car is very needed now. Thankfully job is flexible for now with having to pick up and drop off kiddos at school but i need to get into a regular Schedule soon enough

Well everyone, the big day has arrived. After nearly a year of waiting and waiting and waiting……

My twin girls are arriving today!

Sure, I wish that I was driving them home on Monday in my new X. Those FWDs, presenting beautifully as I strap them in to their captains chairs for the ride home.

For now though, I’ll just have to settle for my new girls. And hey, at least this is something to take my mind off the X for a few days. I’ll cut down my page refreshes from 20 to 5 or something.

Wish me luck!
Congrats! Embrace it!

Well everyone, the big day has arrived. After nearly a year of waiting and waiting and waiting……

Sure, I wish that I was driving them home on Monday in my new X. Those FWDs, presenting beautifully as I strap them in to their captains chairs for the ride home.

For now though, I’ll just have to settle for my new girls. And hey, at least this is something to take my mind off the X for a few days. I’ll cut down my page refreshes from 20 to 5 or something.

Wish me luck!
Congratulations! Hopefully you get your Model X before you need to drive them to kindergarten.

@niogyn did your MVPA ever show up? Any sign of like from the SA regarding your delivery?

I have a feeling my X is definitely sitting in that giant field of X's waiting for something...

Sadly no, the last thing to change was a button to purchase FSD appearing. So I went ahead and added it, just in case they’re prioritizing higher gross margin deliveries.

I’ve resorted to pleading to Daddy’s Musk on Twitter for funsies, but that seems to be falling on deaf ears as well:

Last edited:
Whenever the new flyover came out, now I don’t care about how many Xs in the lot. Really wanna know the existence of 5/7 seaters which I can’t look at.
That 4k Flyover Guy could see the seat configs... it's not a TON of info, but it's clear that there's at least one 5 seater in the test track area:
5 seats.png
6 or 7.png

- Here's the video. Evidence at about 45 seconds

Wish me luck!
Congrats!!! As a father of twins, let me tell ya… you’re in for a treat! Twins are the best. Be ready for zero sleep.

So, further to whether these vehicles are actually moving or not, I'm attaching 2 pictures from over the past couple of weeks below. I would say looking at the cars in the test track loop, the vehicles are being processed and moving out - or at least significantly reshuffling. Let's hope it's the former and we're simply not seeing them get onto the car carriers. At least I'm hoping there's some progress.

Picture from Dec 31st

1642180454907.png

vs January 13th.

1642180532781.png

So just got off the phone with Sales Support and they say my TBD status means that the car hasn't even been built yet. I ordered a 6 seater (MSM with Cream) in June 2020. RN starts with 113... My SA has been non-existent. 🤷‍♂️
That’s as good as me telling you your car is coming tomorrow. They know literally nothing. People here have been told what you were told and were taking delivery a couple days later.

Probably Tesla decided to keep the car since it was so early in production, so they can further test longevity.
There is a trend here and it's leading to a seemingly obvious resolution.

1 - They start calling early-order LR folks with 5 and 7 seats to "take delivery this year by switching to 6 seats"
2 - They do not deliver "this year" to most of those that got the call
3 - They Change the website so that new Plaid orders are only 6 seat config
4 - They start calling Plaid 5/7 seats to EITHER change to 6 seats OR switch to LR at current pricing
______
Next - Change website so that all new Plaid AND LR MX orders are only 6 seat config
Then - Start calling LR 5/7 orders and require a switch to 6 seats

View attachment 755617

I actually agree with this post. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if they changed the options to only allow 6 seat in the future. It seems like it’s all about simplifying options and production.

Reactions: jbrowdy and Elixir
Got fed up with waiting for LR. Just ordered Plaid as well :(.

I keep checking the Plaid order page as well and totally understand doing that considering some of the quick plaid deliveries. I hover over the order button for a plaid but I just can't fathom paying an extra 30K for just an extra motor to get it potentially earlier, compared to my price set for an LR 7 seater prior to the price hikes seen the last few times on the LRs. It would be something if your ordered Plaid comes in right away though, let us know for sure!

So just got off the phone with Sales Support and they say my TBD status means that the car hasn't even been built yet. I ordered a 6 seater (MSM with Cream) in June 2020. RN starts with 113... My SA has been non-existent. 🤷‍♂️

I think Tesla should just let all the SAs go (would anyone even notice a difference?) and allocate the labor costs to more factory workers and logistics.

Last edited: