Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a Tesla Wall Charger installed in my garage and have noticed a slight increase in charging speed vs. my 2019 MX P100D. The old X, reliably charged at ~30mph using this wall charger. My 2022 MX Plaid charges at ~34mph using the same charger.
When you say increase in charging speed, it’s not really charging any faster. It’s delivering the same amount of amps. The higher “speed” you see is just the more efficient motor getting more miles out of the same amount of electricity.

One more minor thing to add to the list differentiating the Plaid from the LR would be the subtleties in seat design. My Plaid MX has black piping on light colored seats. I believe the LR MX doesn't.

View attachment 755694View attachment 755695
Thank you for posting these pictures! Can you tell us how is the driving experience in MX Plaid? I've seen so many videos of S Plaid and I wonder if X Plaid is as fun as S Plaid considering the extra weight and shape. How is the handling especially when in lowest ride height settings and in Plaid/Sport modes?

One more minor thing to add to the list differentiating the Plaid from the LR would be the subtleties in seat design. My Plaid MX has black piping on light colored seats. I believe the LR MX doesn't.

View attachment 755694View attachment 755695
i believe the Long range will also have black piping. Only the white and cream have contrast stitching.

It would be too much work for them to have 2 diff versions of seats

• Helpful
Reactions: KidsEyeDr and Stro
i believe the Long range will also have black piping. Only the white and cream have contrast stitching.

It would be too much work for them to have 2 diff versions of seats
+1 to the latter point - I was going to make the same, that the MX Plaid will be such a (comparatively) lower volume product, I would be shocked if Tesla would produce different seats between the two trims. It would go against everything we've seen Tesla do already in pursuit of supply chain efficiencies (ex. changes in paint colors, simplification/standardization of trims across models, etc.).

Last edited:
+1 to the latter point - I was going to make the same, that the MX Plaid will be such a (comparatively) lower volume product, I would be shocked if Tesla would produce different seats for it. It would go against everything we've seen Tesla do already in pursuit of supply chain efficiencies (ex. changes in paint colors, simplification/standardization of trims across models, etc.).
i made the mistake of ordering my plaid S with black seats as it didnt have contrast stitching. So i ordered the X with cream to get it. Also cream isnt offered on the 3 and Y

I have a Tesla Wall Charger installed in my garage and have noticed a slight increase in charging speed vs. my 2019 MX P100D. The old X, reliably charged at ~30mph using this wall charger. My 2022 MX Plaid charges at ~34mph using the same charger.
Interesting. So it charges slower than my M3 (42mph).

@Stro Can we change the order sheet so the current EDD includes year now, to match the updates to the website?
I believe the man to ask is @studioloft

It's partially hype - and hard to gauge. I think that many of those cars have been sitting there for months now, so this is just accumulation over time. Hopefully we see movement but that's so hard to see unless you really look to see if there's changes to that collection of cars on the test track.
We definitely saw previous footage where almost all cars were cleared out. This footage reflects cars of the past couple of weeks.

Personally, I am more concerned about the severe misalignment issues of the cars being delivered. The FWDs are the key to the whole car... hard to adjust in the field, and will result in failure of the rubber gaskets in a few years.

While I would like my car sooner... I don't really want a rushed through piece of junk either.