Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not caught up, so someone else may have already said this. Efficiency does matter in this context. The "mph range per hour" charge rate that is displayed is a function of the charge power. Basically (voltage*amps)/(rated Wh/mile). The key being that the rated Wh/mile is based on the efficiency of the vehicle. The on-board AC charger is limited to the same peak power on all Teslas since ~2019, and it is FAR below the peak power accepted by any of the batteries. So improvements in batteries is not going to improve the AC charge rates in terms of watts. If you are trying to compare charge speeds of the batteries in different vehicles you can't go by mph/hour, you need to go by kWh/hour ie. watts. The refresh X isn't different than the previous X in that regard. Much older Xs are built with two on-board AC chargers, so they do have double the AC charge rate than the newer Xs (including refresh).

Supercharging (ie. DC charging) is different in that it bypasses the on-board AC charger and supplies power directly to the battery. This allows it to hit the max charge rate of the battery itself, and can vary depending on the battery in the vehicle.

Sorry it's not that complicated. I see what you're saying but using the efficiency of a load to back feed data into a calculation to present a user the battery charge rate is just overkill.

Just take a look at this website from Tesla on the Wall Connector and you'll see the "mph" charging is just a simple static conversion of kwh added (Model S = max 34 "mph", Model X = max 30 "mph" but probably will be updated soon).

Also improving batteries most definitely can improve charge rate, that's one of the compelling reasons for the "tabless electrode" design of the new 4680, more surface area means more conduction into/out of the cell.

Lastly, agree on your points about the on-board AC charger which is why in my post I specifically pointed to the BMS (battery management system) which is after both the AC and DC charger, which is what ultimately determines what goes in to/out of the cells/pack.

Could be. Makes sense to me. Although I am not sure it is worth burning a DID per order, is that what you are suggesting?
No, saying that your delivery location has a DID that is used for all customers specific to that location. It is an auto attendant line that is then routed to corporate if you call. And routed to your profile if you text. My SA told me that whoever is in office would see it and if the person you’ve worked with is in then they’ll respond and if not it’s round robin on responses.

Six years later Tesla still can’t make the cars right especially the FWDs. It’s not like these are anything new.
My FWD's work perfectly in my 2018. I haven't seen a ton of FWD issues with refreshes. Maybe I haven't looked hard enough? We should check and see the other automakers and the perfect FWD's they make, oh wait...

• Love
Reactions: BryWay and BamaATL
I was really unhappy that they asked me to change to 6 seats from 7 even for free. It just doesn’t work for my family with 3 kids. I had no choice but to downgrade to a base X @ current pricing, which is more than what I would’ve paid if I ordered the base X in first place. I already received the email confirmation that my order has been updated. We’ve been camping multiple times (though not sleep inside the car) with my current 7 seats X and we could barely fit everything in there, including a Yeti wheeled cooler and a Weber traveler grill, and there is no way with a 6 seater.

I am just really disappointed at how Tesla handled this production change. They‘ve always been making 5/7 seater X in performance variants and now they want to simplify production more but then why even offer 5/7 on base? Just sell 6 seaters only and call it a day and continue pushing your customers away.
use the floor space between the middle rows. It can hold an astounding large amount of stuffs that you couldn't with the middle bench. You'll still fit, but just differently.

Reactions: KidsEyeDr
Did anyone that had February or February 2022 NOT get moved to March?
Also..
Did anyone with TBD get any movement on your EDD?

Lastly, someone needs to tweet to musk and all of us need to like/retweet that tweet to get his attention. We all are on here almost everyday so what’s one more “job/task” that we include in our psychotic pursuit of the rainbow unicorn that is the Model X
Something short and sweet like.
@elonmusk there are thousands of people in the TMC forum that have been waiting for their X for over a year with zero updates. Can you please update us?
And just repost/tweet it everyday at 4:20 and everyone retweet/like it and it will get viewed eventually.. right?