Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First of all, new SA is awesome - I have had more back and forth emails with them, today, than the past six months combined with my last SA.

Second, looks like some of the missing parts, i.e., all of the MXs in the field, waiting to be delivered, include headlights, inner and outer lining trims, and a single interior trim piece. Based on the prior update, it seems like these are coming in soon.
This is your new SA for Model X exclusively.

1642400805227.png

California has 13 Michelin 3 star restaurants. Texas, not so many! But Austin does have a great music scene. 😉

I was born in Oklahoma but lived all over - NorCal, SoCal, Seattle, Florida, Boston, NY, Austria, Australia. Always major cities, of course. No interest in a small town rural lifestyle. Every place has its pros and cons. Everyone should live where they want and my only gripe is people who worry about places where they don’t even live - and never would. My dad lives in Florida and he spends an inordinate amount of time telling me how bad California is to live. Did I mention he lives in Florida? Yeah. That’s right. Florida.
I live in Georgia. Can't stand Florida for a variety of reasons ranging from giant cockroaches to monotonous scenery. I don't even like to go there on vacation. The Georgia coast is far more beautiful. An old buddy moved to an island on the Atlantic side and keeps trying to get me to move down that way. Uh uh, not happening. California OTOH, they're having their problems with mother nature due to climate change these days, but I lived out there a while and loved it. Traffic in a major city? That means there's a lot going on, traffic is aggravating but the price we pay for more to do and see and that's what FSD is for -- eventually :p. Oh, and GO DAWGS!

To keep it on the MX, there have been a few deliveries in GA, but not many.

I rank my food based on Mexican food and I cannot stand Cali Mexican. Tex Mex is where it's at. We should do a MX reunion at a Michelin 3 star restaurant. I'd be game to visit a few. The last one I visited was in Scotland at a place called Kitchin I think. Great food.

I'm down! Can't go wrong with Yountville!

I hear your sentiment, but C'mon, man:D. Have you ever been to Sedona? Or spent time in Scottsdale?

Yeah! Scottsdale is beautiful, stayed at The Sanctuary; however, once you leave the resort, you’re in bonafide desert.

Having said that, I can visit almost anywhere, as long as I know I coming home to beaches, forests, wine, and cheese.

Last edited:
I know we’re going way off topic here (but what else can we do right now). I’m from CA. I like it. If you’re from TX or another state and like it, that’s great too. But what I never get is how people outside CA, especially those who’ve never lived here, think they know everything about here.

First, the misinformation. “Ohhh, the taxes”. Taxes on what? Income tax? Well I’ll gladly pay 6-7% state income tax on a $350k salary vs 0% on $250k. Most jobs here pay higher by quite a bit. Property tax? It’s 1%. It’s like 3% everywhere else I’ve lived.

Cost of living is high. Yea, it’s obviously higher than the national average. But also, not everyone here lives in SF and LA. We have actual normal towns too. Don’t judge the entire state by clickbait articles about SF housing.

Anyway, I could go on and on about the misinformation about CA, but I’m getting way off topic.
I have lived in Los Angeles all of my life. I somewhat do agree with what you say but things here are more expensive. Every time I travel I notice convince store items, groceries and gasoline is cheaper. Insurance, car registration, sales tax, housing and schooling in California is of the highest nationwide. Pre schools are almost triple the price of other states.

FYI if your salary (W2) is around 350K your effective state income tax rate is 10-11% depending if you file single or not.

The propaganda against California is surely overplayed but the state is definitely expensive.

I ordered the screen protectors from Abstract Ocean for my 2022 Model X LR and they were nice. Really easy to install. Still looking for weather tec like mats.
Curious question..

Help me understand screen protectors on the MCU. I get a screen protector on your phone where it shares a pocket with your keys which could scratch it. Or you could accidently drop a phone on the ground. Screen damage also affects repair value.

I have never scratched a screen in any of my cars... the only thing that touches them is my fingers.
Key scratches or accidently dropping your MCU don't apply. I don't believe scratches on the screen impact resale value to a vehicle at least.

Convince me :)

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: KidsEyeDr
Curious question..

Help me understand screen protectors on your MCU. I get a screen protector on your phone where it shares a pocket with your keys which could scratch it. Or you could accidently drop a phone on the ground. Screen damage also affects repair value.

I have never scratched a screen in any of my cars... the only thing that touches them is my fingers. Key scratches or accidently dropping your MCU don't apply. I don't believe scratches on the screen impact resale value to a vehicle at least.

Now do ppf

lol

Now do ppf

lol
That's another one I don't entirely understand! Not entirely but I kind of get it.

I get ppf for the front bumper and maybe the hood. but the whole car? And some people do ppf on the top windows too.

I have had tiny little pin sized chips of paint on the front bumper of my car, maybe 2-3 of them after 40,000 miles. I bought the $50 paint kit off of shop.tesla and was good to go. But I kind of see that as general wear and tear on a car. My late aunt had a plastic cover over the leather seats in her car.. 🙄

Again, someone convince me and I'll do it :)

Curious question..

Help me understand screen protectors on the MCU. I get a screen protector on your phone where it shares a pocket with your keys which could scratch it. Or you could accidently drop a phone on the ground. Screen damage also affects repair value.

I have never scratched a screen in any of my cars... the only thing that touches them is my fingers.
Key scratches or accidently dropping your MCU don't apply. I don't believe scratches on the screen impact resale value to a vehicle at least.

I wear a wedding ring and my Aggie ring (university). Too much room for error and I’d rather play it safe. Plus when the wife drives it or rides with me, the long nails is too much risk.

Well this Florida girls loves living here and I woke up this morning a VINNER!!!! (I’ll update the spreadsheet next). I called the SA “Mike” who I talked to multiple times in October when told if we paid and switched to 6 seats we would get the car before the end of 2021 BUT not surprisingly his number is no longer in service now. Guess I’ll try the Fremont number later today.

P.S. I’m a native FL girl (third generation) but lived in SC for 9 years also and have traveled A LOT. I enjoy what many states have for scenery, activities and food but still prefer my scuba and SUP adventures here in southeast FL - Wellington. (I’ve lived in Naples, Orlando and Tampa too). Plus since I work from home or my phone/iPad/laptop I don’t worry much about traffic but it’s not as bad here as in Miami/Orlando/Tampa for sure.

Ordered B/B/20in/FSD/PLAID/5 seat on 3/11/21. . Changed to 6 seat in Oct 2021 after “the call” . .. removed FSD in Dec 2021 . . . EDD recently changed last week from Feb to TBD, it’s still TBD but VIN is there!

Curious question..

I thought people get it to avoid all of the fingerprints. When the sun hits the screen in certain angles all you see is fingerprints.