Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
3D Maxpider floor mats installed in the refresh X:

AFAIK these are for the pre-refresh, notice how the driver's mat doesn't fit perfectly. Rest looks ok.
Great news! I will be keeping my 2017 mats!

For reference to anyone else looking at floor mats, these 3D MAXpider mats are the best for winter weather!

It appears what they offer on their website now is still-pre refresh and not a perfect fit but still decent. 10/10 recommend.

• Love
Reactions: kerchan and niogyn
First of all, new SA is awesome - I have had more back and forth emails with them, today, than the past six months combined with my last SA.

Second, looks like some of the missing parts, i.e., all of the MXs in the field, waiting to be delivered, include headlights, inner and outer lining trims, and a single interior trim piece. Based on the prior update, it seems like these are coming in soon.

Attachments

• qa977oAW.jpg
    qa977oAW.jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
Us Californians don't gloat. We like to live and let live. Whatever smokes yer boat!

Don't gloat? Just wait until I finally get my MX at some point in the year 3000.

I'm going to post pictures of me popping champagne bottles on my man-boobs, on the car hood, like one of those rap guys' girlfriends - then ghost the thread like I'm a sales advisor. Peasants. :cool:

Last edited:
First of all, new SA is awesome - I have had more back and forth emails with them, today, than the past six months combined with my last SA.

Second, looks like some of the missing parts, i.e., all of the MXs in the field, waiting to be delivered, include headlights, inner and outer lining trims, and a single interior trim piece. Based on the prior update, it seems like these are coming in soon.
I just.. have a hard time believing SAs after the last few. But this one is so specific that I kind of buy it. 🤔

I don’t know much of what’s true from any SA. Visited my local delivery center last week and was told something that did make sense. With two new Tesla gigafactories opening shortly, the SA told me that much of the M3 and MY production burden will be taken off of the Fremont factory and it can ramp up more MX production.
I was told something similar when I stopped into a new service center. I was told once Giga TX was online and ramping up it would be taking all of the Fremont Model Y orders. Then the Model Y Fremont line would convert to Model X.

I will believe it when I see it.

I just.. have a hard time believing SAs after the last few. But this one is so specific that I kind of buy it. 🤔

Maybe it's creepy, which is fine, because I'm a total creep, but I looked the guy up on LinkedIn and he's worked at Tesla for over 4 years. So, I think that's enough time to make some connections - and know what you're doing. So, I agree. (Not going to say more than that, at risk of doxing the guy)

Sounds very plausible.

Thanks so much for this! How are the seats compared to the 2018. Any thoughts on comfort?
Yea, much. More comfortable seats. Definitely has more support vs 2018X. I believe it’s vegan leather just like the model Y. However I prefer the perforated finish over the Y. The cooling in the seats will be useful during summer Months

I've always been surprised that people rolling 22's keep getting flats with its low profile. I love the look of the 22's, but predictably have not had a flat with my 20's and mileage and ride is definitely better.
I've only ever had the 22's (2019 MX P100D and 2022 MX Plaid) and have never had an issue. In the three years I owned the 2019, I only changed the rear tires once... fronts were original / factory when I sold it, and I put nearly 40K miles on the car in that three year period , having driven in pothole-laden San Francisco and Los Angeles a LOT.

Of course, I hope I didn't just jinx myself.

Until April 15th. Then you miss Texas.
I have never lived in Texas, but I lived in SoCal for a year. Absolutely loved it.
I'm a California native -- born and raised. Born in SoCal (Los Angeles) and ultimately found my way to San Francisco. When I lived in LA, I got a promotion which required me to move to Texas (Dallas) to work at the corporate headquarters of the company I worked for at the time. Dallas was OK, great food, good entertainment (huge sports fan here), the people were nice, etc. But after the first couple of months, I started to regret the move. Sure, taxes were cheaper... but they were cheaper THERE. I missed the beaches, the mountains, the weather, and that feeling I was in the middle of the action -- my beloved California. Obviously it's based on my own circumstances, and is subjective, but I just felt lost, and that was a heavy thing I didn't anticipate. I lived there four years before I jumped ship to join another company willing to relocate me back to California (San Francisco). If I was born in Texas and had family and a lifetime of friendships there, I'd obviously have felt different.