Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,
I have an MX Plaid 7 seat on order since August. I have an EDD of April. No one has reached out to tell me they will not make my 7 seat MX Plaid order. Is there something I need to do? I dont know or have an SA.
I have been enjoying my MS plaid I got delivery in December.
thanks in advance,

Screenshot 2022-01-17 160957.png

Is this removable at time of delivery? Want to lock it in at the 10K price, but still on the fence that its worth it. Very underwhelmed with FSD on my MS.

HELP PLEASE!
My SA is saying that no plaid orders have received the 6 seat change from their 5 or 7 seat orders for FREE.

Can someone please send me their RN number (more the better) of those that got the FREE change for their plaid? I paid $6,500 and he’s saying anyone that changed to 6 seat PLAID had to pay, Tesla isn’t offering the change for free. UGH!
The people that were successful were contacted by Tesla after they discontinued 5/7 seat plaids and told they’d have a credit adjustment for the difference at time of delivery. These people got it in writing from their SA at time of change.

Your story sounds like you paid $6500 in the fall to switch to a 6 seater. That’s different than the people that switched to 6 seaters after Tesla announced they weren’t make any 5/7 seat plaids.

Reactions: DelPhonic1
The people that were successful were contacted by Tesla after they discontinued 5/7 seat plaids and told they’d have a credit adjustment for the difference at time of delivery. These people got it in writing from their SA at time of change.

Your story sounds like you paid $6500 in the fall to switch to a 6 seater. That’s different than the people that switched to 6 seaters after Tesla announced they weren’t make any 5/7 seat plaids.
Correct - HOWEVER my SA is saying that NO plaid orders that are 5 & 7 seat have EVER been contacted for the FREE change to 6 seats. I’m asking for any PLAID order that received the FREE change to graciously share their RN so I can give that to my SA for PROOF ;-)

Reactions: UCF3
Has anyone in Northern CA, but outside the Bay Area taken delivery of the LR refresh? I’m practically down the street from Rocklin but just changed my delivery center to the factory. The lady on the phone, of course, told me that’s not going to make a difference and they don’t prioritize Fremont deliveries over anywhere else (yea right, tell that to the east coast). But I’m not sure of Bay Area vs other NorCal parts.

What do you guys think, does it make a difference? Would you leave it at Rocklin (10 min) or change to factory (2 hours but we go there regularly)?

Reactions: T3slafan2500
Has anyone in Northern CA, but outside the Bay Area taken delivery of the LR refresh? I’m practically down the street from Rocklin but just changed my delivery center to the factory. The lady on the phone, of course, told me that’s not going to make a difference and they don’t prioritize Fremont deliveries over anywhere else (yea right, tell that to the east coast). But I’m not sure of Bay Area vs other NorCal parts.

What do you guys think, does it make a difference? Would you leave it at Rocklin (10 min) or change to factory (2 hours but we go there regularly)?
As of few years ago, when I took delivery of Model S, the cars were not delivered at Factory at Fremont- they had a dedicated delivery center few min away from the factory.

I think there would be no difference between Fremont and Rocklin. Once loaded, the Delivery truck would have to travel ~2 hours longer. You might even get the car scheduled for delivery faster at Rocklin as it may be less busier than Fremont.

Hello,
I have an MX Plaid 7 seat on order since August. I have an EDD of April. No one has reached out to tell me they will not make my 7 seat MX Plaid order. Is there something I need to do? I dont know or have an SA.
I have been enjoying my MS plaid I got delivery in December.
thanks in advance,
I’m in the same boat with 7 seat plaid order. I tried retroactively reaching out to switch to 6 seat without charge but apparently it’s not possible. I think we have to wait for someone to reach out and offer the free seat upgrade.

Presumably they have a long list to get through. My order was placed in August of ‘21. I assume they are calling customers chronologically. Has anyone who ordered after August received the free seat upgrade call?

I've seen a few plaid deliveries in Sacramento not the LR.

Correct - HOWEVER my SA is saying that NO plaid orders that are 5 & 7 seat have EVER been contacted for the FREE change to 6 seats. I’m asking for any PLAID order that received the FREE change to graciously share their RN so I can give that to my SA for PROOF ;-)
I changed from 5 to 6 myself right before the news of free change. You get anywhere with your journey please let us know. A lot of us switched to 6 in hopes of getting their car sooner.

Reactions: FLScubaLife