Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s Jan 17. What happen to this? It’s still showing 10k on website. Maybe it’s 2023, right?
28D75ABE-880F-4EF9-81CD-905959F44CF0.jpeg

Met a nice couple today in my neighborhood with a refresh LR X
Asked them when they ordered, they said Oct.
I said, oh Oct 2020?
They said, no, Oct 2021, and took delivery in Dec. :oops::oops:
damn does it look nice in person though.

Tesla appears to be punishing the old price X orders. Not exactly new but might be a new low given the long waits for a mere refresh.

Tesla appears to be punishing the old price X orders. Not exactly new but might be a new low given the long waits for a mere refresh.
I'm sure there's a very reasonable explanation for this. Here's 1 possibility:

Old order in same area couldn't take delivery after the car already arrived at the delivery center, so they found a new matching price-increased order to take delivery.

I think this theory can hold as it's not like the late 2020 and early 2021 orders have been skipped, they were the first to take deliveries.

First of all, new SA is awesome - I have had more back and forth emails with them, today, than the past six months combined with my last SA.

Second, looks like some of the missing parts, i.e., all of the MXs in the field, waiting to be delivered, include headlights, inner and outer lining trims, and a single interior trim piece. Based on the prior update, it seems like these are coming in soon.

Seems like the thread is being watched. :)

Also seems like there was some merit to my new SA. Makes me feel like I actually, finally, got a good one.

50362053-7C68-4881-8FFE-CD8774229B4A.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm sure there's a very reasonable explanation for this. Here's 1 possibility:

Old order in same area couldn't take delivery after the car already arrived at the delivery center, so they found a new matching price-increased order to take delivery.

I think this theory can hold as it's not like the late 2020 and early 2021 orders have been skipped, they were the first to take deliveries.
If we were looking at LRs, this logic wouldn't hold. Many, including myself, have been skipped with our exact configurations for others that ordered many months after after us in the same location. It's... The Tesla Way.