Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
*dies of jealousy inside*
No but seriously thank you for sharing, now letā€™s hope since everyone is getting these more specific dates (but mešŸ˜’) that tesla actually means them and that we all finally get our cars soon!!!
It means nothing without a VIN.
I have the same thing but still not feeling good about it.

With Tesla, anything could change.

030036B0-EBD8-4379-80B4-6FAA8EE2E7A5.jpeg

Updated the spreadsheet again as we had received a vin on Monday, then today the EDD changed from TBD to January 30-February 5.

Still waiting to hear anything from the SA ā€œMikeā€ regarding the $6,500 paid last October to change our original 5 seat Plaid order to 6 seat to get a delivery by the end of 2021.
Giovanni at Tesla said when I talked to him yesterday afternoon that only the SA could make any credit changes and he would reach out to Mike since our SA said that Tesla is NO offering free 6 seat changes to plaid 5/7 orders.

Iā€™ll keep you all in the loop.

Original order was 3/2021

Reactions: lexus26
So I didn't realize that basic summon isn't included with AP in cars that have FSD hardware. I just assumed that I'd have at least the same capabilities as my AP1 car without having to purchase FSD. I don't want or need FSD but I have to have basic forward and backwards for tight parking spots I frequent, looking for nails in my tires, and moving in and out of the garage.

I'm certainly not going to pay $10K for basic summon so if I go through with the order I'll have to do without summon which would be a big step backwards for me.

• Love
Reactions: Elixir
Hello folks//
I'm in the Seattle area (Bainbridge actually). Ordered an X LR 6 seat in late January '21. Still getting the monthly slippage slow roll - it's now March 2022. Believe it when i see it. Happy with my 2018 X but would like my new machine.
Couple of questions -
o Has anyone in the Puget Sound area received a new X LR refresh? Or, are we just sort of out in BFN as far as Fremont is concerned?
o Also - currently are offering my old 2018 X as a trade-in. Has anyone used CARMAX or others and compared the offered price with the trade in offer?

regards,
Bob

Reactions: DelPhonic1
So I didn't realize that basic summon isn't included with AP in cars that have FSD hardware. I just assumed that I'd have at least the same capabilities as my AP1 car without having to purchase FSD. I don't want or need FSD but I have to have basic forward and backwards for tight parking spots I frequent, looking for nails in my tires, and moving in and out of the garage.

I'm certainly not going to pay $10K for basic summon so if I go through with the order I'll have to do without summon which would be a big step backwards for me.
Summon was included in cars with EAP. But EAP is no more. So where EAP had Summon (back and forward only), Smart Summon has that and the come to me feature, with FSD called Smart Summon..

Summon was good if you parked your car, it rained a lot and now the driver door is over a big puddle. So Summon could back out or drive forward, usually out of the puddle.

Smart Summon had promise but stinks. It has 150' range, via Bluetooth. But if raining hard, BT range decreases, below 150'. And to make matters worse, if the car is within range in the range, it may take the long way to get to you, and drive itself out of range, beyond 150'. Yup, happened to me, in the rain. So a 100' walk in the rain turned into a 175' run in the rain to rescue my car when it just stopped in a parking lot intersection blocking others.

Updated the spreadsheet again as we had received a vin on Monday, then today the EDD changed from TBD to January 30-February 5.

Still waiting to hear anything from the SA ā€œMikeā€ regarding the $6,500 paid last October to change our original 5 seat Plaid order to 6 seat to get a delivery by the end of 2021.
Giovanni at Tesla said when I talked to him yesterday afternoon that only the SA could make any credit changes and he would reach out to Mike since our SA said that Tesla is NO offering free 6 seat changes to plaid 5/7 orders.

Iā€™ll keep you all in the loop.

Original order was 3/2021
Heard back from our SA ā€œMikeā€. He is now acknowledging that Plaid 5/7 orders are being changed to 6 at no charge but since we paid the $6,500 last fall to be made a priority there is no credit or refund . . . Ugh. We didnā€™t want to change to 6 seat and even initially told him no but called back after a day because we really wanted the car sooner vs later since we had been doing the 1 car thing since April already.

After 2+ years driving with "FSD", the only useful feature in addition to autopilot is summon, especially in garages. The rest I consider as novelty - cool gimmicks to show people but not dependable for daily use.
Actually, the best feature is Lane Change on freeway with activation of turn signal. After that, parking and summons (These get a B grade)... then playing around with street driving is way last.

I don't mean to sound like a negative Nancy, but why TF is Tesla allowing those who order plaids literally a MONTH AGO to get delivery, when there are people that ordered a YEAR ago that are still waiting on their LR. Are we such peasants that we go to the end of the line? Yes, I understand its more profitable, and yes, I understand the price has changed so people buying plaids now are paying 30k+ more than the earlier orders did, but this strikes me as completely unfair.

It makes sense to 'roughly' follow order sequence but prioritize for geography / delivery logistics but this seems completely ridiculous.

I say that has a long TSLA investor and 2 tesla owner.
I also read on twitter that there was a crazy ratio of LR to Plaid with the X. Something like 9-1. Not sure if this is true, but if they have less buyers of Plaid than surely they'll get em faster. But me, I'm slowly getting tied up into a knot seeing Vins from folks that ordered months after us January LR orders. Perklempt even.

Heard back from our SA ā€œMikeā€. He is now acknowledging that Plaid 5/7 orders are being changed to 6 at no charge but since we paid the $6,500 last fall to be made a priority there is no credit or refund . . . Ugh. We didnā€™t want to change to 6 seat and even initially told him no but called back after a day because we really wanted the car sooner vs later since we had been doing the 1 car thing since April already.
Look at your original reservation/deposit document with your RN # on it. There is a dispute process. Unless you opted out of Arbitration originally, you may be obligated to go through the arbitration process, but I am not a lawyer so can't give any advice. There is an email address there to start the process. Ultimately, you may have to go through arbitration but Tesla pays the costs. I understand your pain. Good Luck, it isn't fair or ethically right what they are doing.

Reactions: FLScubaLife

That's straight up consumer fraud in Illinois. They made a false promise that paying 6500 got you a car faster. Clearly was a lie.

Tesla sucks but their cars are awesome. Sorry.