Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla MUST get FSD and TESLA semi on the road ASAP. Our very civilization depends on it.
I'll argue that the Semi is actually more urgent than FSD! I am *absolutely certain* that - economic and environmental benefits aside - the Semi would give freight companies higher driver retention, and shift the average age of truck drivers significantly lower. It simply can't be build and deployed - en masse - quick enough. Could very well be a huge part of recovering this mess we call freight transportation.

2 - it doesn't make financial sense to build up a bigger down payment for a 2.49% loan. Just use that money you would otherwise be putting aside to pay down the loan. It's practically free money...... As long as you are able to comfortably afford the monthly payments this should not be a reason to reject the car

Accept your delivery and enjoy the car!

Wholeheartedly agree, except even 2.49% seems high. Right now, one can finance (or refinance) a Model X through DCU for 1.24%. It's basically playing with house money at that point.

As you said - as long as the monthly payments are affordable, no reason to make a ginormous down payment.

Same here... how many days of going day by day until delivery is actually happening. And the app says again "We are building your car"
I had sold my Model Y last week (so I am without a car). When I called Tesla customer service last week, I was told that the car is built, is at the factory and is awaiting final finishing touches.

Someone mentioned that our cars were waiting some final trim pieces.

Isn't life funny? You couldn't write fiction this good. We have folks waiting one year+ or longer for a new car that they would kill for, while many others are being inconvenienced by an early delivery. You can't make this stuff up. :)

I am still looking forward to the day I get to see and drive my new X! (Actually the wife's new X. I will get to ride in it if I behave...)

Isn't life funny? You couldn't write fiction this good. We have folks waiting one year+ or longer for a new car that they would kill for, while many others are being inconvenienced by an early delivery. You can't make this stuff up. :)

I am still looking forward to the day I get to see and drive my new X! (Actually the wife's new X. I will get to ride in it if I behave...)
I completely get your point. My intent was to come crashing into this forum and have this experience. As I said earlier, my expectations was a year from now or maybe fall if I was lucky. So it's kind of a shock to be in this spot in as is.

Are lack of truckers keeping us from getting a VIN?
It might be preventing those outside of California from getting a VIN. There's a shortage of interstate truck drivers so it would be easier for Tesla to fulfill California orders since drivers wouldn't have to cross state lines to deliver them.

I completely get your point. My intent was to come crashing into this forum and have this experience. As I said earlier, my expectations was a year from now or maybe fall if I was lucky. So it's kind of a shock to be in this spot in as is.
Perhaps someone should take the full RN or VIN, call Tesla and ask WTF is going on? I can't imagine this is just a higher profit margin issue. Surely there must be another order in Cleveland with the same config and price, but ordered more than 3 days ago? Worst case scenario richincle would have their VIN pulled, which sounds like it would be their preference anyway?

• Disagree
Reactions: UCF3
Same here... how many days of going day by day until delivery is actually happening. And the app says again "We are building your car"
Every day your range extends a day. It’s like the fake monthly dates but more exciting! The interns must have gotten bored only jerking everyone around once a month - now they can do it every day!

Are lack of truckers keeping us from getting a VIN?
very likely yes on 2 fronts...hard to get parts for cars and hard to get cars where they need to be. My side hustle has to deal with supply chains and it has been a mess. Tesla is doing very well considering it all. Why do you think cars out there are asking for such massive markups (tesla and non).

@richincle it might be worth calling Tesla and asking if this car is one that was declined or not delivered to another customer. I just can’t wrap my head around this, but to protect yourself I’d do some investigating.

California makes up a large percentage of Tesla ownership. It is not unusual to pull up to a stoplight and see 6-7 Teslas of all models. The dropoff line at the local school seems to be a sea of Model Ys and Xs.
My daughters have adopted the game of “Tesla Tag”, which involves striking another person’s arm while declaring “Tesla Tag” from the first person to spot a Tesla. That’s fine until you notice I live in the Bay Area and it’s more appropriate to notice when you don’t see a Tesla within line of sight.

My arm hurts.

My daughters have adopted the game of “Tesla Tag”, which involves striking another person’s arm while declaring “Tesla Tag” from the first person to spot a Tesla. That’s fine until you notice I live in the Bay Area and it’s more appropriate to notice when you don’t see a Tesla within line of sight.

My arm hurts.
Sounds like "Punch Buggy" from my childhood.

I'm thinking the older orders may have gotten corrupted, deleted or something because they're kicking out cars in 2 days now. newer orders are getting vins. how can we check on our older orders to see if they have accidently been kicked out of the system ?
I had the same thought, but I had to change my address and DL number last week and the SA pulled up my account and saw my order. If you are concerned, call your local dealership and get them to pull up your account. It was really easy getting someone on the phone since they don't actually have any cars to show anyone or take on test drives.

I have noticed, since the beginning of the year, my local Delivery Center here in Nashville hasn't been busy at all. I pass it every day for work, and pass the lot the trucks drop off in and I haven't seen a single truck since the Q4 push. I had gotten accustomed to seeing 6+ trucks a week and the delivery lot full every day. Now there's basically nothing.

My SA has always said that the first month of the quarter is slower because of how Tesla sends out trucks to different parts of the country. I think moving East to West so they can hit the end of the quarter close to home and knock out more deliveries. This has been the first time I've actually seen that to be true. I figured that being in Nashville, we would be somewhat lumped in with the East Coast but I guess not. Definitely feel like I'm lumped in with the trash since I'm pre-price hike 😑

Reactions: ironwill96
I promise I don't mean any disrespect to anyone on this board but all these blatant California deliveries are complete garbage and a slap in the face to all these much older orders from other parts of the country....especially the east coast and the South.
I’m east coast and very south living in Wellington, FL. I have a VIN and delivery should be in 10-14 days. They’re coming. Hopefully you’ll be a vinner soon too.