Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Teslarati contacted a showroom and the representative we spoke to stated that it was unlikely the five or seven-seaters would return. The representative believed that Tesla could be switching to a single seating arrangement to streamline manufacturing. After all, only 11,750 Model S and X vehicles accounted for the company’s Q4 2021 deliveries. The company delivered over 308,000 vehicles during 2021’s final quarter.

I wonder if this is true for LR model as well. Will Tesla require us to upgrade to 6 seater or cancel the order?

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: TrevTremaine
What's do we think the going rate would be for flipping a new X LR 5 seater after taking delivery? I'm thinking $125... am I wrong? I know one could (in theory) get a Plaid for a smidge more than that, but even that's Oct. '22. But not everyone wants a Plaid and the EDD for a 5 seater LR placed today is May 2023.

What do you all think?
Honestly I'm kinda curious about that myself.

How much would I realistically be able to flip a Blue/Cream/FSD/6 for?

I promise I don't mean any disrespect to anyone on this board but all these blatant California deliveries are complete garbage and a slap in the face to all these much older orders from other parts of the country....especially the east coast and the South.
Unfortunately, California is the capital for EV's in this country and the volumes of people and cars are here. So no matter what, most X's will stay here. It's the law of averages that is behind it all. However, I wish that law of averages worked for me, being a touch grouchy and VIN-less at the moment. It's my one year anniversary in 9 days of being on this list. I'll take a blatant delivery in a hot second. Who's face do I gotta slap?:D

Last edited:
Teslarati contacted a showroom and the representative we spoke to stated that it was unlikely the five or seven-seaters would return. The representative believed that Tesla could be switching to a single seating arrangement to streamline manufacturing. After all, only 11,750 Model S and X vehicles accounted for the company’s Q4 2021 deliveries. The company delivered over 308,000 vehicles during 2021’s final quarter.

I wonder if this is true for LR model as well. Will Tesla require us to upgrade to 6 seater or cancel the order?

I think many of us 5/7 LR orders would consider converting to 6 if a more predictable delivery timeframe can be given for those rather than wait many more months of uncertainly. That option would at least show a rare moment of appropriate and understanding communication by tesla if they were to put that offer on the table. Just saying….

Wooly we live too close and think the same way to not be friends. Let’s change that. I stopped by Reno store today to talk again and she pushed my account to the logistics person to just try and get answers. I showed her the order from this week that got a VIN and her response was “BS” and then the only way that would happen is if someone denied delivery. So again just check that out @richincle. There also was a refreshed X in my exact order sitting in the lot at reno. I asked about that and she did say they are having a hard time with that person to take delivery. I said i have cash now and can leave with it. She said for the S they were giving people 3 days to pick it up with the X they are waiting longer. I said I have heard the 3 days on the X so call that guy and get back with me today. Fingers crossed.

Your post brings up two views on that 3-day pick-up window.

If that's "your" X sitting on the lot but maybe you're out of town or sick or whatever and can't make it in to pick the car up, you're going to want more than a piddly 3-day window to pick up a car that you may very well have already paid for.

If that's not your X, but it happens to match your configuration, you want those 3 days (or even less) to go by faster so that guy (or gal) will have to give up the car and they can "give" it to you.

Bruce.

2.3 and seemingly that’s without subtracting the roll out unless the draggy does this automatically but it didn’t seem to say it was.. inane! At 65%

It's definitely subtracting the 1 foot rollout. If you go back and stop watch it at 1/4 speed and then divide by 4, you get 2.55. Still the S is speced with the 1 foot rollout subtracted so it's still 1.99 vs 2.3.

California makes up a large percentage of Tesla ownership. It is not unusual to pull up to a stoplight and see 6-7 Teslas of all models. The dropoff line at the local school seems to be a sea of Model Ys and Xs.
I could very easily say the same thing about my area north of Chicago... (and I work in the Bay Area a lot, so I know what you mean about concentration of Tesla). The disparity is because it requires no shipping logistics to deliver in CA; I really don't think it's more complicated than that :)

I have a March delivery date in my system. I called Fremont to get a better understanding of when in March I can expect delivery ----and he said I am not getting delivery till JULY!!!!!! I placed my order 5/1.
Ouch. I too ordered MX LR 5 seater, app states March Delivery. I had lowered my expectations for delivery in May, one year. So much for that expectation!

Reactions: chinacatx
Ouch. I too ordered MX LR 5 seater, app states March Delivery. I had lowered my expectations for delivery in May, one year. So much for that expectation!
Same boat here - I’m worried my conservative estimate of June will be too optimistic. Given we’ve seen zero 5/7 seat deliveries to actual customers at this point the EDD might as well say “Give Up”

Misery loves company. I guess thats why i am here now. Whenever I felt frustrated, this forum comforted me. It made me feel that I am not alone. Been lurking since november. Joining now to let others know, you got more company than you think...

MX-LR/ white ext/ Beige Int./ 5 seater/ 20 in

Order date 4/19/21 and Vinless
Delivery expected Jun-Sep-Nov-Jan-Feb and now March 2022.

Enjoy the wait. Its worth it, I guess.

I had sold my Model Y last week (so I am without a car). When I called Tesla customer service last week, I was told that the car is built, is at the factory and is awaiting final finishing touches.

Someone mentioned that our cars were waiting some final trim pieces.
No call or text from Tesla today, appears that our EDD will advance by +1 day tomorrow.

I called this afternoon and spoke with customer service. I was told by the rep that EDD on the website does not matter and she will send a note to the Delivery Team.

What issues are you having with the FWDs?
Both are terrible (but for different reasons). I can’t even use the passenger side as it catches something when it opens and makes a loud whack sound and then refuses to close (have to hold close button on screen down to force it closed). The driver side operates better but the trim alignment is way out of whack. As it stands, we don’t use the passenger side door for now until service can look at it next month.

On another note, there is also large particles (dust?) behind the instrument cluster glass so that’s fun to look at. Not sure I want them trying to take the dash apart after the first 100 miles but here we are.

My wife asked me today how I was liking the X after the first few days and I said “meh”. This is probably the wrong string to complain in as I know so many are waiting for theirs so apologies for the download. Honestly, I knew my X was likely to have some teething issues but I feel like the FWDs after this many years should have been figured out already. Lucky for Tesla there isn’t an easy alternative to jump ship to quite yet and I will probably stick with it and try to sort these issues out.

The good news is when cruising along it’s awesome. Just don’t look too close at anything and things aren’t as bad. I’m not trying to hate on anyone, just a bit disappointed at the details for something I so wanted to be better than expected.

Last edited: