Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just called also to ask what happens if my car magically comes in March during our spring break and I am out of the country. The SA said just keep a lookout for a “change” on the EDD, and usually they send the VIN a week before delivery so if it were to happen then I can change my plans.

I don’t want to “change my plans” Oh Well!
She seemed sure enough the date was going to change anyways 😞
You're SA is so confident that EDD will change again by the end of next month. I wonder why? (See my post above)
No need to change plans, Tesla will gladly change it for you.

Reactions: Tesless
I’m not trying to call your bluff but did you really place a 3rd order? What are all three of your configurations if you don’t mind me asking?
Lol yep. Two plaids and one LR. Been waiting a year now for the first plaid order.

Attachments

• 58BC017F-7F3C-43E6-AE59-4FE009FD536E.jpeg
    58BC017F-7F3C-43E6-AE59-4FE009FD536E.jpeg
    136.7 KB · Views: 91
Pretty bummed -- I'm totally fine with the company prioritizing the Plaid orders, but I wish that they were open to other seating configurations. I changed my reservation from a LR 5-seat to a Plaid 5-seat last year. That 6-seat configuration is a dealbreaker for me because of the utility impact.
Yep if they’d do other seat configs I’d be tempted if I could get one lightning fast.

Plaid and six seat orders got no love for about 900+ pages. I just know you will all hang in there and put up with us for a little while longer and we will all meet back up in the issues thread! One, big happy family again!
I’ll agree plaid got no love for a long while, but six seaters period have gotten ALL the love in the 900+ pages. 5/7 - zero deliveries. Zero communication. Total suckage for us.

At this rate, the Escalade V will be out before I get my car.

What SUCKS is I glanced at that article and INITIALLY thought oh hey this Escalade V is electric… maybe it’ll have 500 miles range…

Oh. Gas. Literally instant disinterest.

Reactions: studioloft
How confident are we that March is going to be the month we will get the Model X? I am going to be down to one car now that I will have to share with the wife as I have to return the lease and I have extended it for months and I can't extend it any further. I just don't believe they are going to deliver everyone's car in March.

How confident are we that March is going to be the month we will get the Model X? I am going to be down to one car now that I will have to share with the wife as I have to return the lease and I have extended it for months and I can't extend it any further. I just don't believe they are going to deliver everyone's car in March.
Expect to be inconvenienced and lied to by Tesla employees. March is probably unrealistic for most.

• Disagree
Reactions: UCF3 and croman

If anyone is curious what this thread has discussed in the past 18,776 posts and 939 pages Ryan Shaw just made a YouTube video that indirectly recaps the experience of the Waiting Room quite well :) All 6 points discussed are relevant to us.
I liked Ryan’s YouTube channel until some article I skimmed suggested he was not insanely obsequious to Elon.

I was instantly:
Apoplectic.
Catatonic.
Repulsed.

Ok I actually did dislike his opinion that Musk should resign. I know Musk’s the main guy but there’s a lot of other people at work there.