Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I liked Ryan’s YouTube channel until some article I skimmed suggested he was not insanely obsequious to Elon.

I was instantly:
Apoplectic.
Catatonic.
Repulsed.

Ok I actually did dislike his opinion that Musk should resign. I know Musk’s the main guy but there’s a lot of other people at work there.

Artist’s rendition of @KidsEyeDr writing this post. Telepathically.

D7197280-184C-4BA2-9D25-52A7BCC69DF8.jpeg

Guys honestly have a question. I ordered 3/1/21 and it will be 11 months. I ordered a white L/R FSD and 7 seater car. I upgraded to 6 seater car when they called me in October. Now my question is if I ask my Sales Rep to update my order to Plaid will I get any sooner. I am sick and tired of the wait.

Guys honestly have a question. I ordered 3/1/21 and it will be 11 months. I ordered a white L/R FSD and 7 seater car. I upgraded to 6 seater car when they called me in October. Now my question is if I ask my Sales Rep to update my order to Plaid will I get any sooner. I am sick and tired of the wait.

Anecdotally, there have been a couple of folks that have shown that to be the case. That’s a small sample size, but we at least know it’s a non-zero chance.

I've been lurking here unregistered for the past couple months, figured I should join in. I ordered a LR 5 seater in July 2021, current EDD is March but I don't really believe it based on everything that I've seen here. I really don't want a 6 seater because I'd never have more than 5 people in the car, and I'd rather have extra cargo space in the back from having the third row delete...

Just picked up my MSM Plaid X at the factory delivery center. Although I could tell that the car must have been in the outdoor storage lot awaiting parts (by the not-so-clean exterior), it seems to have no missing parts (floor mats, trunk covers, etc). I spent a few minutes looking everything over. Falcon wing door alignment and operation seem good, interior fit and finish are good and except for the exterior dirt, everything seems acceptable. I'll be driving it back home to Los Angeles tomorrow so I guess I'll find any issues on my drive. Maybe I just can't find it in the menus, but is creep no longer an option? I hate having to press the accelerator when reversing. It's much safe to have creep enabled. I've attached a few pictures of my pickup experience.
271770856_4705151912935565_2845087279947967045_n.jpg
271811297_321844136523790_2775355783450132599_n.jpg
271822957_1879622629094451_2127553696987918029_n.jpg
271854411_386627449935185_7253857996874936606_n.jpg
271913534_966223304282972_5281430887302726623_n.jpg
272343163_270655411802403_6021273188019523007_n.jpg

How confident are we that March is going to be the month we will get the Model X? I am going to be down to one car now that I will have to share with the wife as I have to return the lease and I have extended it for months and I can't extend it any further. I just don't believe they are going to deliver everyone's car in March.
Was confident I would get it in June 21 when I ordered back in Feb, and returned lease in may, been driving a rental ever since 👻😢

Been lurking here for a while now and thought I'd share this with the rest of the community...

So Cal resident. I have two reservations:

Reservation RN114xxxxxx:
MX LR, MSM ext color, black int, 7 seats
Order placed on 2/21/21
Got that infamous call to upgrade to 6 seats (which I opted in) with Dec 2021 delivery...everyone knows how that went.
EDD changed lots of times and now March 2022.

Reservation RN116xxxxxx:
MX Plaid, 6 seats, same int/ext color
Order placed 1/17/22
EDD: 1/28/22 to 2/18/22

That's not typo folks! It seems like Tesla is prioritizing orders with maximum profit. See below:

View attachment 758458
It's been going on for ten years. I was the beneficiary of this behavior the first year they sold the Model S.

Tesla uses Takata airbags, have glass roofs that were never attached, missing or cracked A and B pillar, etc.).

What used to separate Tesla was that they'd actually fix any issues without pushback until 2018. Then they started the decline. We're still looking for the bottom. Maybe it won't be so different from normal auto companies when we get there.

My purchase of a leaf in 2014 was unremarkable. As was my purchase of a 2016 refresh S (ordered day of refresh reveal in October). Tesla predicted end of year and delivered Dec 24.

Now they do sales, service and everything in between without phones or people. Really much harder because Teslas can have complicated issues that need to be seen or heard.

Mobile service is a real bonus though. That didn't exist until around 2017 (at least in my area).

I am leery of other companies but Tesla is making me very hesitant about them in the future too.
Very well said.

How confident are we that March is going to be the month we will get the Model X? I am going to be down to one car now that I will have to share with the wife as I have to return the lease and I have extended it for months and I can't extend it any further. I just don't believe they are going to deliver everyone's car in March.

Is your current lease through Tesla? Curious because I just reached out to them about this today. After a 6-month extension my lease runs out in February and my EDD is "March."

Reactions: bhramabull
Just picked up my MSM Plaid X at the factory delivery center. Although I could tell that the car must have been in the outdoor storage lot awaiting parts (by the not-so-clean exterior), it seems to have no missing parts (floor mats, trunk covers, etc). I spent a few minutes looking everything over. Falcon wing door alignment and operation seem good, interior fit and finish are good and except for the exterior dirt, everything seems acceptable. I'll be driving it back home to Los Angeles tomorrow so I guess I'll find any issues on my drive. Maybe I just can't find it in the menus, but is creep no longer an option? I hate having to press the accelerator when reversing. It's much safe to have creep enabled. I've attached a few pictures of my pickup experience.View attachment 758602View attachment 758603View attachment 758604View attachment 758605View attachment 758606View attachment 758607

Creep is nuked along with energy app, always on/connected/energy saving mode, coasting, round steering wheels and stalks.

Just picked up my MSM Plaid X at the factory delivery center. Although I could tell that the car must have been in the outdoor storage lot awaiting parts (by the not-so-clean exterior), it seems to have no missing parts (floor mats, trunk covers, etc). I spent a few minutes looking everything over. Falcon wing door alignment and operation seem good, interior fit and finish are good and except for the exterior dirt, everything seems acceptable. I'll be driving it back home to Los Angeles tomorrow so I guess I'll find any issues on my drive. Maybe I just can't find it in the menus, but is creep no longer an option? I hate having to press the accelerator when reversing. It's much safe to have creep enabled. I've attached a few pictures of my pickup experience.View attachment 758602View attachment 758603View attachment 758604View attachment 758605View attachment 758606View attachment 758607
Thank you for this post.

It’s nice seeing tangible delivery proofs when you’re just … in a vacuum….