Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i
Unfortunately we just don’t represent enough shares to ever get our questions answered. There’s way too many dumb questions about what tesla will be doing ten years from now that get 200k shares voting for it to be asked :(.
it's worth a try. I'm a share holder where did you find that questionnaire?

So…go order a plaid if you want to jump the line
Its not just any line, its possibly sabotaging yourself. Putting your X LR further back in the queue for a Plaid. Maybe this is Elon's plan after all...get us all switch from 5/7 seaters and X LR order to Plaid. But we are definitely playing into it by mass ordering Plaids at this time.

Reactions: Q-ship and jbrowdy
Yep I just did the same thing. Ordered 5 minutes ago -
MX Plaid, White/Cream, 20", 6 seats, no FSD, ordered 1/21/2022, EDD October 2022
First order details - MX LR, White/Cream, 20", 6 seats original, no FSD, ordered 4/19/2021, Current EDD March 2022
What are your EDDs respectively on the plaids?
MXP, White/white, 20”, 6 seat no FSD ordered 1/21/22, EDD October 2022

MXP, MSM/White, 20”, 6 seat no FSD ordered 1/27/21, EDD March 2022

MXLR, MSM/White, 20”, 6 seat no FSD ordered 1/27/21, EDD March 2022.

Thinking maybe I should switch the white one I just ordered do 22’s to mix it up haha

• Funny
Reactions: UCF3 and zapparino
Whaaaat? I’m a certified Scrum Master too and hadn’t heard this. But just googled it and saw some mentioning changing it due to BLM. We live in the twilight zone now.
Rivian has made over 1000 of their EVs. I wonder how Tesla is going with the X. Elon doesn't seem to be bothered with the X. Sucks but I'm more disappointed that FWDs and other manufacturing issues are still issues in the refresh.

Wow RN1162 vinner. Congrats.
Yes that is strange. I would call the delivery team tomorrow. It wouldn’t hurt at this point 😂
Yes that is strange. I would call the delivery team tomorrow. It wouldn’t hurt at this point 😂
Scratch that, seems like someone messed up the spreadsheet. No 5 or 7 seat deliveries yet =(

already have 3 offers with some reasonable prices...please explain why you think it's worth $100 where the price difference is about 12k if you make the same order today
True. But as a 5 seater, you will be waiting a long time for it.
From what I have seen in this thread, either way, its a frowned upon flip. Like others said, go to the respective Sales threads.

True. But as a 5 seater, you will be waiting a long time for it.
From what I have seen in this thread, either way, its a frowned upon flip. Like others said, go to the respective Sales threads.
you are absolutely correct but to start I was just wondering and not actually selling (unless its a really great offer which none of us could refuse) as I said before.
also by the time we will get our MX LR 5/7 Tesla might drop the price or increase it even more...never know with Tesla

Trust me I know the differences lol, had this discussion ad-nauseam before ordering…. She refuses to ever drive a Tesla in Regen so having creep mode as an option was the deciding factor in me ordering the X…. Now I don’t even know what to do…. I’m really starting to hate this company, this is my first Tesla and I’m getting more and more turned off every day…. I am THIS close to cancelling and just sticking with ICE vehicles.
Depending upon what you understand and what you've experienced with regen, since the new front motors came out back in, I think 2018, regen is a different beast. If you test drove an earlier vehicle regen was...incomplete, and frankly I would understand not wanting it then. I don't know whether it's been made stronger with the refresh, but the 2020 Model X I test drove was significantly better but still needed improvement in that it needed to be stronger in my opinion. If they've tackled that and if it's anything like the Y's then it's essentially true one-foot driving with the exception of emergency-level braking. Regen works almost in opposition to creep, but actually makes more sense in the long run, especially if you're in stop-and-go traffic. Is there a learning curve? Yes, but I would say give it a test drive first in one of the refreshed models.

So when does one get or merit a sales advisor? Delivery team? I have no one and nothing but an order number with. Now, a March delivery date 5 seat, X,regular wheels, FSD.
Did you just quote me 4 times? 😂

The post you’re referring to was the Fremont delivery team.

If you’re looking for a sales advisor, you might’ve missed a lot the content of this waiting room lol

No call again today so the EDD window seems like a placeholder/ fluke too. I haven’t waited as long as a lot of others, but they keep changing the expectations. Had to shuffle some things around next week in case they call and have to immediately take delivery.

A little bit of humor a lot of us might think is funny “When I die, I’m going to ask Tesla to lower me into my grave just so they can let me down one more time”

Last edited:
Did you just quote me 4 times? 😂

The post you’re referring to was the Fremont delivery team.

If you’re looking for a sales advisor, you might’ve missed a lot the content of this waiting room lol

No call again today so the EDD window seems like a placeholder/ fluke too. I haven’t waited as long as a lot of us, but they keep changing the expectations. Had to shuffle some things around next week in case they call and have to immediately take delivery.

A little bit of humor a lot of us might think is funny “If I die, I’m going to ask Tesla to lower me into my grave just so they can let me down one more time”
I called today to see what they'd (Fremont) say... basically he couldn't wait to end the call and said "i don't know, check again tomorrow?"

• Funny
Reactions: Miyakudude
That’s a bummer. Personally I do think giving options is important for consumers, especially when you’re trying to win people over to a thing novel to them (electric vehicles).

And conversely, while it took a while to get used to regen driving and no creep, I wouldn’t EVER want to go back.
Has anyone on here had experiences with the regen braking in snow/ice conditions? I heard some people would “turn off” regen or I guess put it in creep in the snow because when you take your foot off the accelerator in the snow you don’t want the brakes to apply. Just curious.

One of the many reason there is such a delay is because of the pre-inspection. There is/are dedicated team that inspecting the car and based on what he is saying this is a corporate mandate due to the fact that its their flagship car.
“Pre-inspection” my —-! You seen the reports of deliveries with missing parts, misaligned panels… ???

Trust me I know the differences lol, had this discussion ad-nauseam before ordering…. She refuses to ever drive a Tesla in Regen so having creep mode as an option was the deciding factor in me ordering the X…. Now I don’t even know what to do…. I’m really starting to hate this company, this is my first Tesla and I’m getting more and more turned off every day…. I am THIS close to cancelling and just sticking with ICE vehicles.
Just get a 2020 Raven. Its still a hell of a starship.