Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Omg are you serious! Tesla got rid of creep mode? My wife absolutely refuses to drive with regenerative…. My main selling point on buying a Tesla was that she can put it in creep mode and drive it like a regular car… SUGAR!!!! this is an absolute disaster for me…. It was hard enough to sell the damn yoke, and now this too

It’s not lying if you just … don’t mention it. Might cost you a night or two on the couch. :)

But believe me, I hear you. My front wheels are filthy with brake dust. That doesn’t happen when *I* drive the X. ;-)

Reactions: niogyn
Omg are you serious! Tesla got rid of creep mode? My wife absolutely refuses to drive with regenerative…. My main selling point on buying a Tesla was that she can put it in creep mode and drive it like a regular car… SUGAR!!!! this is an absolute disaster for me…. It was hard enough to sell the damn yoke, and now this too
Creep is not the same as regen. Creep- rolls forward when you let off the brake.

Regen - slows down when you let off the accelerator.

Idk status of options for either

Reactions: T3slafan2500
Just picked up my MSM Plaid X at the factory delivery center. Although I could tell that the car must have been in the outdoor storage lot awaiting parts (by the not-so-clean exterior), it seems to have no missing parts (floor mats, trunk covers, etc). I spent a few minutes looking everything over. Falcon wing door alignment and operation seem good, interior fit and finish are good and except for the exterior dirt, everything seems acceptable. I'll be driving it back home to Los Angeles tomorrow so I guess I'll find any issues on my drive. Maybe I just can't find it in the menus, but is creep no longer an option? I hate having to press the accelerator when reversing. It's much safe to have creep enabled. I've attached a few pictures of my pickup experience.View attachment 758602View attachment 758603View attachment 758604View attachment 758605View attachment 758606View attachment 758607
that's a great color combo! I wish I could change my white order to the gray. Enjoy!

Reactions: KidsEyeDr
This is definitely your own interpretation of what the contents of the waiting room should be. If you want a thread that’s exclusively about info to help Bay Area orders of White LRs and Black Plaids, then go start them. This is the general thread where everyone has been on this journey together for almost a year. It’s a “waiting room.” People on here calling for Plaid orders to go somewhere else is just garbage. Many of us have been patiently waiting and contributing to this thread for a long long time.
Personally, though I joke about it, I’m happy to see any deliveries and I am legitimately happy for anyone receiving delivery.

Yes there are facepalm issues but I just want to move forward.

Creep is not the same as regen. Creep- rolls forward when you let off the brake.

Regen - slows down when you let off the accelerator.

Idk status of options for either
Trust me I know the differences lol, had this discussion ad-nauseam before ordering…. She refuses to ever drive a Tesla in Regen so having creep mode as an option was the deciding factor in me ordering the X…. Now I don’t even know what to do…. I’m really starting to hate this company, this is my first Tesla and I’m getting more and more turned off every day…. I am THIS close to cancelling and just sticking with ICE vehicles.

Trust me I know the differences lol, had this discussion ad-nauseam before ordering…. She refuses to ever drive a Tesla in Regen so having creep mode as an option was the deciding factor in me ordering the X…. Now I don’t even know what to do…. I’m really starting to hate this company, this is my first Tesla and I’m getting more and more turned off every day…. I am THIS close to cancelling and just sticking with ICE vehicles.
That’s a bummer. Personally I do think giving options is important for consumers, especially when you’re trying to win people over to a thing novel to them (electric vehicles).

And conversely, while it took a while to get used to regen driving and no creep, I wouldn’t EVER want to go back.

Sigh, gave in and ordered a plaid today as well. Also convinced myself benefits of having a 6 seater potentially. I’m not a fan of the carbon fiber or the higher price, but if it delivers in the next few weeks, maybe worth the experiment. 👍🏾 Not sure how it’s gonna go.

Outside the potentially lost $250, gives us time to decide if we really want to fork up for the plaid.

Just picked up my MSM Plaid X at the factory delivery center. Although I could tell that the car must have been in the outdoor storage lot awaiting parts (by the not-so-clean exterior), it seems to have no missing parts (floor mats, trunk covers, etc). I spent a few minutes looking everything over. Falcon wing door alignment and operation seem good, interior fit and finish are good and except for the exterior dirt, everything seems acceptable. I'll be driving it back home to Los Angeles tomorrow so I guess I'll find any issues on my drive. Maybe I just can't find it in the menus, but is creep no longer an option? I hate having to press the accelerator when reversing. It's much safe to have creep enabled. I've attached a few pictures of my pickup experience.View attachment 758602View attachment 758603View attachment 758604View attachment 758605View attachment 758606View attachment 758607
I know your busy enjoying your car, but would you mind giving us your Vin without the last 2 digits.

Based on the shininess of the plastic surrounding the charging port I think this isn't a production build but rather a prototype/engineering/test build. A final build would have a plastic that's more similar to the one we see in Model 3/Y.
Sadly the recent tone in society is deleting the word "Master" due to its limited usage in Slavery. My job title as a Scrum Master has been changed to Scrum Expert. My Master Bedroom is now Main Bedroom. So soon you'll be re-defined and have to say "I accomplished 3 Masters Expert Programs"
I am sure even Tesla will not be immune.. Master of Coin will become Coin Expert.

We will see...
For a couple of years I was working on two master’s degrees at at same time. I thought it would be cool to have business cards with Ms Xx, MS, MS. I dropped one and eventually got the Ph. D. 15 years of higher education. Not appreciated in salary.