Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m expecting it… but… ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
They found your LR! j/k 🥴

Mine is prolly not even close to production, likely a 2023 delivery. 😪
Screenshot_20220126-062313_Samsung Internet.jpg

I took delivery today. There were some small cosmetic things and some missing charging cables and trunk cover boards. But otherwise it was a very enjoyable experience and the car is very very nice. It is so much nicer than my 2013 S. Don't worry everyone! It is happening. Your car is coming!

I know it is dark and you can't see much, but it is way more about the audio. My wife had her first plaid moment. :D
I just keep telling myself, thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's Tesla.

Hello,
I have the MS Plaid and if you put your entire hand over the entire right side of the yolk, the horn will sound. Not quite as good as the center, but much better than hunting around for the horn button. Should be the same for the MX.
Im waiting for my MXP 7 seater call for the chance to change to the 6 seater. order placed 8/21, EDD 4/22.
cheers
It used to work this way but our Plaid S no longer honks the horn when covering all buttons. We no longer see a software setting for this feature and it is no longer listed in the current owner's manual. We tried it on my new LR S and it doesn't work there either.

It used to work this way but our Plaid S no longer honks the horn when covering all buttons. We no longer see a software setting for this feature and it is no longer listed in the current owner's manual. We tried it on my new LR S and it doesn't work there either.
If covering all buttons to honk has been removed from all yoke vehicles...and...there is a new yoke where you can push the center like traditional vehicles, then it will be interesting to see if they retrofit all yokes. Also, will the new center honk yoke correct the 'worm' issue?

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
Same here. I had a situation with a car entering my lane and I pressed every other button on the steering wheel in a mad scramble. Wasn't pretty.

• Informative
Reactions: croman
Ordered 1-28-2021
spoke to my SA who told me that in reality my car would most likely be delivered this summer.
I am in Montreal, Canada. I currently have an estimated date of march.
I ordered early October 21, had a May EDD until last week and it moved to September. I don't even trust that now, so I have decided to get a 2022 inventory S and then if the X is delayed until next winter I probably will just get it then spring of 2023. Plaids may come sooner but I am concerned about interest rates and luxury tax so I could always just decide to keep the S.