Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A friend ordered an X Plaid on December 21. Has delivery window of the next 2 weeks.. asked SA and at least he was honest about it, but doesn’t make it any less frustrating.

6E9EC89A-8A49-4A23-9B7B-850A93FCD224.jpeg

A friend ordered an X Plaid on December 21. Has delivery window of the next 2 weeks.. asked SA and at least he was honest about it, but doesn’t make it any less frustrating.

View attachment 760461
I'm betting that replying to customers (by email and phone) for "is it here yet?" queries is probably making up 70% of Tesla SA's jobs right now.

Reactions: UCF3 and DelPhonic1

View attachment 760461
That’s bunch of “sweetener” if you ask me… I have a plaid on order since the dawn of times (1/9/21), and my delivery window got pushed to March today.

Oh Tesla, Tesla…

• Informative
Reactions: stock1232
Well, I got my VIN on the 17th, but still no word on delivery. Like everything to this point, just more waiting, and no one seems to know anything. When I spoke to Tesla on the 18th, they said the vehicle should be loaded for delivery the next day, and arrive in Portland in a couple days. As of today, it’s still apparently just sitting in Fremont and they have no idea when it’ll get on a truck. Delivery window estimate is 1/25 to 2/4. Based on how well they’ve handled everything so far, I’m guessing the actual date will be sometime shortly after 2/4. It continually amazes me how poor tesla is at logistics.
And, right on time, they have moved my estimated delivery dates back! Who could have seen that coming?! It’s now 2/1-2/11. Apparently, even though the car is already produced and I live in a bordering state; they still can’t get anything done on time.

And, right on time, they have moved my estimated delivery dates back! Who could have seen that coming?! It’s now 2/1-2/11. Apparently, even though the car is already produced and I live in a bordering state; they still can’t get anything done on time.
In this case it could be completely out of Tesla's control. It's been mentioned before but I think we all underestimate the impact of the lack of truck drivers plaguing our country right now. Also, didn't Cali implement some big restrictions on what trucks can operate in the state (or was that just the ports)? That could also be limiting the availability of trucks to deliver vehicles.

Reactions: ironwill96
Ordered 1-28-2021
spoke to my SA who told me that in reality my car would most likely be delivered this summer.
I am in Montreal, Canada. I currently have an estimated date of march.
Not surprised, but disappointed. I'll be contacting my SA about this on the 1 year anniversary (same as yours), even though I did convert to a 6 seater for "promised 2021 delivery". I doubt we'll even get any guidance from today's Tesla report beyond "it's hard to manufacture" crap yet somehow there's people here who get deliveries despite their orders being significantly later. Crickets from Tesla except when they want something from you.

I've put an order in with Rivian. If/when Tesla delivers and it's not up to snuff, I'll just walk away and be done with it - 18 months is beyond ridiculous.

Reactions: jbrowdy and Stro
I have read about that but I don't see an option to do that in my account. Do I need to wait until a VIN is assigned?
from my experience, tesla will call you to setup a pickup date. If you just ignore the calls and emails they will put it on hold. OR I have also told them I'm not ready and they will put it on hold. But wait for it to have scheduled date before doing it...at least in my experience it keeps you at the front of the line when you are ready.

Just got the text to schedule delivery! All set for 10:30am on 2/4/22 🤩 West Palm Beach, FL

In true Tesla form the appointment confirmation states a Black on Black LONG RANGE for my PLAID order - ha!

Here’s hoping the fit and finish is perfection and all components are accounted for!

If anyone has any pull to get the $6,500 back I paid last fall switching from 5 to 6 seat to get priority delivery before end of 2021 PLEASE reach out. My SA has only said NO and the call to Fremont only deferred to my SA.

Original order 3/11/21 B/B/5 20” Plaid FSD, changed to 6 seat for $6,500 after the call last fall, removed FSD in Dec.

Hey guys, my delivery is scheduled for Saturday from 8am-12pm. I called yesterday and the latest update they provided was there was a list of 10 things they needed to adjust/correct before confirming delivery. They actually updated my delivery from Fremont to home delivery. I was quite surprised because when I originally ordered the car, the only delivery option was Fremont. Odometer reading on the MVPA updated from 60 to 64. I got the text this morning taking me to scheduling the appointment.

Order Date - 07/14/21
Black/Black Plaid, 22s/FSD
VIN - 1/4/22
Delivery Scheduled - 01/29/22

I'll do a thorough check when they complete delivery and will post pictures as soon as I can.

View attachment 760461
First some honest feedback from the SA in a long time. Typical Tesla. They will go for the expensive models first. So it seems March is just a placeholder and expect that to change for a few more months.

Reactions: Yakkodot