Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thank you! Yes, both LR’s were 6 seaters.

I hope you get all season tires, but 2/2 Plaids here in Salt Lake City that I have seen both had summer tires. If you have a VIN you may try calling and see if they can tell which tires are mounted on your vehicle. However, I would take that information, like anything else from the SA’s, with a shaker of salt. Maybe preemptively buy some all seasons and return them if you get lucky.
2/2 with 20” wheels.

Anyone taken delivery of a plaid in NY/NJ/PA and can report which tires they got? Hopefully not summer tires as it’s surely snow season?
I saw 2 plaids both with 22s in Devon pa yesterday and both had the summer tires on them.. no confirmation on what 20s on a plaid in the north east are delivering with but one could assume summer tires based off the 22s.. I pick mine up 2 weeks from today with 20s I’ll let you know but I assume it’ll be summer tires.. the cars traction control is great so I’m sure you can just avoid flooring the accelerator when the tires are overly cold to avoid damaging them and be extra careful in the snow and you’ll be fine. I’ve driven my 3 around with summer tires through the winter without problems

On what grounds?
They aren’t approved by any kind of automotive industry. It’s not an approved aftermarket device. Tesla sends people out to check out a lot of their cars after an accident. I’m sure not messing with one of the most important parts on the car. If you don’t like the design, don’t buy the car. Or be dumb, get in an accident, and lose everything.

In a crazy sequence of events my car is now ready again for pick up tomorrow 🤦🏻‍♀️

First CS agent told me they had no idea why or when or how it would be ready… “it’s not ready because it’s not ready”

Called back at another number and Fremont delivery reached out saying they are physically looking at my car and it just needs to be charged and detailed, will be ready tomorrow afternoon!
Very happy for you but wow. Unbelievable

Replacing the steering wheel with something aftermarket isn’t like adding a normal aftermarket part. It’s the part you use to control the whole vehicle. You better hope the airbag even deploys in it. And look, people on here are adults. Make the decision you want. You should definitely listen to the YouTuber who doesn’t care about you or your family at all.

Gonna be a lot of accidents with these replacement steering wheels, and a lot of disappointed people who find out their insurance won’t cover them because of it.
That’s horse crap. I’ve had one for over 10 months on a model 3 and now a Y. A Yoke is awesome. You can have your opinion but you are flat out making assumptions that aren’t true as though they are facts.

I was an anti-yoker when I first saw the unveil and most of last year. Then I started paying attention to my hands and realized I almost never touch the top of the wheel anyway. I drive with my hands towards the bottom 98% of the time, so I kind of stopped caring. I’m sure it’ll be an adjustment but I think it’ll be quick for me. I can see how it would bother 12 o’clock drivers though.
I don't touch the sterring wheel at all, so I think I'm gonna be fine.

Last edited:
Replacing the steering wheel with something aftermarket isn’t like adding a normal aftermarket part. It’s the part you use to control the whole vehicle. You better hope the airbag even deploys in it. And look, people on here are adults. Make the decision you want. You should definitely listen to the YouTuber who doesn’t care about you or your family at all.
It just dawned on me, how are these small companies testing the airbags on these things? It’s not like they have the budget to crash a $100k car for testing purposes…. Heck they probably don’t even own an s/x…. Probably borrowed or rented one in order to make these replacement wheels

That’s horse crap. I’ve had one for over 10 months on a model 3 and now a Y. A Yoke is awesome. You can have your opinion but you are flat out making assumptions that aren’t true as though they are facts.
I never said the yoke wasn’t good? If you read my post, I was aiming it at the people replacing the yoke with an aftermarket option. So…..?