Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Happy First Birthday to me! Ordered this day in 2021. My birthday wish—to get VINned. My birthday fear—I will get VINned, but not before my Second Birthday!

Realistically I figure Canadian non-Plaid deliveries, if any, will be early in a quarter, so hoping for April, but expecting July.
Welcome to the year-long club. I'm on the fence about deliveries. Much like you, I've (still) got a "March 2022" EDD. Given it takes weeks to get vehicles from Fremont to Toronto, I put it around mid-February before you'll know - which coincides with EDD updates too. Someone's SA in Ottawa said not to expect their delivery until June, but I don't rightly know their specs. My SA said that they're pushing to get deliveries going in Canada. I would suspect part of it is up to regulatory bodies doing their part, but it's hard to not look at the Fremont Test Track and think that Model X production is still a trickle of where it needs to be for us to start getting vehicles north of the border.

Odds are there will probably be deliveries from Austin Gigafactory of Model Ys coming to Toronto before ours.

Reactions: stephenstohn
Happy First Birthday to me! Ordered this day in 2021. My birthday wish—to get VINned. My birthday fear—I will get VINned, but not before my Second Birthday!

Realistically I figure Canadian non-Plaid deliveries, if any, will be early in a quarter, so hoping for April, but expecting July.
I think you're right in expecting July. According to my SA he said my newly given March date is unrealistic. :( I too ordered this week last year as well

VINner here... NF3323XX - finally at almost 1000 pages...

June 2021 order with 7 seats originally - got the call 1/24 (Mon) for the "free" upgrade to 6 seats and got the VIN today - in NoVA.

Plaid / Blue / White / 7->6 seats / 20 / FSD

EDD was Jan -> Feb -> Mar -> Feb 02-20 -> Feb 10-16 (now with VIN)
Enough plaids already.

Jk
Congrats

That is correct. Lovely, isn’t it? I saw another Plaid here with 20” wheels last weekend with the same Latitude Sport 3 summer tires. When I saw that, I scrambled to order a set of all seasons. A little frustrating that I had to immediately drop another $1100 on a set of tires. The other three Plaids had 22 inch wheels, and all had Sport Contact 6’s. The 2 LR’s had Cross Contact LX Sports. None of the Plaids with the 22’s had the wheel inserts installed.
I'm sure their data shows that most do not drive in the snow in Cali. Maybe Cali with it's truly massive volume of sales, throws their figures off for the northern climes peeps which is unfortunate. At some point I remember a tire shortage for either the S or X... At any rate, they figure that most people are pretty specific when it comes to snow tires or summer, and happily carry a 2nd set of tires like I do. Although, my P-Zero's handled quite well in the 11" of snow when I neglected to switch em out. From now on, I'll stay pat with that.

Reactions: Q-ship
Happened with mine today. Order Date: 1/11, Original EDD: October, Updated 1/17 to Jan 26 - Feb 16th. Today back to October. *Sugar* thing is I ran my credit 🤬
Same *sugar* here! Patiently waited a year before pulling credit. Plaid, original 6 seat. Finally got date range (2/1-2/21). Sat on it for a while and decided to apply for loan. Now date pushed to March! On top of this, tons of people who ordered after me getting VIN's. Beyond frustrating.

Same *sugar* here! Patiently waited a year before pulling credit. Plaid, original 6 seat. Finally got date range (2/1-2/21). Sat on it for a while and decided to apply for loan. Now date pushed to March! On top of this, tons of people who ordered after me getting VIN's. Beyond frustrating.
Wouldn’t do credit app until you have a VIN given how fast a loan approval is.

Reactions: Elixir