Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hey gang - long time lurker, first time poster.

I was one of the lucky that had a 5 seat Plaid on order that got the call to move to the 6-seater free of charge. For those that also got this call - do you accurately see your original price on your account page? I noticed there's no longer a standalone line item for the 6-seater, as thats now included in the base Plaid config. However, that $6500 shifted back into the base config price, so its not exactly "free of charge" for me at the moment. A few calls into Tesla said theres an open ticket to readjust the price back to the original order, but its been a few days and im not seeing any updates.

I do have a VIN assigned as of last week, so trying to wrap up financing, but this extra $6500 lingering is giving me pause. The rep who called said to see this "adjusted 72 hours prior to delivery", but thats a kinda lame answer when you're trying to determine financed amount versus due at signing.

Anyone else go through this and have your original order pricing honored? Did that show up in your account accurately?
Yes, same here - it's an accounting method, so Tesla can expense it - you'll see the credit prior to signing the final documents... Don't sign until it's netted out... Congrats...

Reactions: GeorgeCostanza
I am really starting to believe the theory of Tesla wanting us early reservation holders to cancel and re-order to maximize profits if we truly want to receive a vehicle. Nothing else makes sense.

Except that a bunch of us who JUST ordered Plaid before the first price increase are now getting VINs. If anything I think Tesla is trying to get people who just ordered who did so planning on October to cancel because they can't get all their ducks lined up that fast.

Someone told me recently that purchasers who have previous owner teslas can get prioritized — could that be it?

How many different priority lists does Tesla have? Pretty clear they are meaningless.

I'm on a priority list because tesla screwed me over and sold me the old Model X when they weren't making them any more, but rest assured, I was told, I would be put on a priority list so when they start making the new ones I would be one of the first to get it.

Then I find that I'm a 5 seater, but if I pay an extra $6500 I can get on a different priority list which now appears to have priority higher than my original priority list.

Then they switch to Plaid production, and it appears Plaid 6 seaters have priority.

Oh wait, now the 5/7 seater plaids who move to 6 seaters get priority over my "I got ****ed by tesla" LR model X priority.

Now we'll return to LR X and I'm sure they guys who paid the $6500 will have priority.

After that the remaining 6 seaters will have priority.

Then they'll tell me if I switch to 6 I'll get priority. But that thye'll still make the 5.

I'm sure the 7 will get priority over the 5.

Oh wait, need to switch the line back to model S's for a quarter or so.

And eventally some day they'll get around to the 5 seat LR X... and I'm guessing I'll be one of the first ones of those out the door. Behind those who paid more than I did, which means about everyone.

So just making sure... I've owned one other Tesla which I bought from them. (a 2014 S)... Do I get credit for this and get in a side priority queue, and how does it relate to all the other priority queues... and does this priority queue mean anyone who bought a Tesla from Tesla after me has priority over me.

It sure seems like priority queues just serve as a kinda reminder to me that I don't matter, and I need to STFU and that if and when Tesla decides to ever make me a car, I should be happy because it will be worth it.

How many different priority lists does Tesla have? Pretty clear they are meaningless.

I'm on a priority list because tesla screwed me over and sold me the old Model X when they weren't making them any more, but rest assured, I was told, I would be put on a priority list so when they start making the new ones I would be one of the first to get it.

Then I find that I'm a 5 seater, but if I pay an extra $6500 I can get on a different priority list which now appears to have priority higher than my original priority list.

Then they switch to Plaid production, and it appears Plaid 6 seaters have priority.

Oh wait, now the 5/7 seater plaids who move to 6 seaters get priority over my "I got ****ed by tesla" LR model X priority.

Now we'll return to LR X and I'm sure they guys who paid the $6500 will have priority.

Then they'll tell me if I switch to 6 I'll get priority. But that thye'll still make the 5.

And eventally some day they'll get around to the 5 seat LR X... and I'm guessing I'll be one of the first ones of those out the door. Behind those who paid more than I did, which means about everyone.

So just making sure... I've owned one other Tesla which I bought from them. (a 2014 S)... Do I get credit for this and get in a side priority queue, and how does it relate to all the other priority queues... and does this priority queue mean anyone who bought a Tesla from Tesla after me has priority over me.

It sure seems like priority queues just serve as a kinda reminder to me that I don't matter, and I need to STFU and that if and when Tesla decides to ever make me a car, I should be happy because it will be worth it.

u6f7lfl.jpg

My opinions set aside and speaking purely statistically - according to the MX Refresh Issues spreadsheet 17 of 34 users with MX issues report alignment issues on the FWDs. Exactly 50%. Sure, some deliveries don't have any issues but most do.

In other words if someone refuses delivery due to a misaligned FWD there is roughly a 50% chance they will not take home their car. Most chose to resolve these types of issues with a SC visit.

If it is truly unsolvable you can claim lemon law but I have not heard of any unsolvable FWD alignment issues yet.

I agree! Trust me I am not trying to make excuses for Tesla. The way they conduct their assembly is not $100k+ quality. That's why I started the refresh issues thread to shine light on their shotty work. I agree, its a problem

But -
Unlike most luxury car brands Tesla's focus at the end of the day is to maximize profit and throughput. Tesla openly says they aim to make production faster and less expensive. As such this results in less attention to detail.

An analogy - think of it as ordering a filet mignon and making it on a McDonalds assembly line.
These issues will come back to bite them at some point in future. Last quarter Tesla spent 700 million on expedited shipping and warranty. With the ever increasing volume of cars they are selling if they don’t drastically improve the quality, warranty expenses will become huge and media and Teslaq will pounce on it.

Reactions: Yakkodot
636xch.jpg

Happy 1,000 pages 20,000 posts!
(also Feb 2nd is the 1-year birthday of this thread!)

To celebrate the occasion I thought I would bring up some of the hot topics over the past 1,000 pages! I love stirring up some drama 😄 My opinions below, change my mind ;)
  • The MX refresh black trim / chrome-delete looks better.
    • Chrome is tacky. Chrome-delete has become common on premium/luxury cars. Chrome is common on economy/budget cars.
  • EDDs do have meaning and are relevant.
    • I believe they are not indicative of your delivery date but actually which batch your car will be produced in. i.e. If two identical configurations have a March 2022 and a January 2023 EDD, the March 2022 order will be made first.
  • FSD is worth the price.
    • Don't look at FSD as 'full self driving'. Consider it a upgrade to autopilot allowing your car to interact with traffic signals, change lanes, summon, autopark, etc. If someone thinks it means full autonomy they will be disappointed.
  • SA stands for "Say Anything".
    • Credit to @Choco for that one :) Tesla seems to have an acronym issue haha
  • The yoke is pretty cool.
    • If someone is wildly against the yoke, just don't buy the car. If someone thinks it is a safety hazard, definitely don't buy the car. If someone convinces themselves that it won't work then they will not learn/adapt and subsequently be a danger to others on the road due to ignorance.
  • The horn button is dangerous.
    • Many report that even covering the entire right side of the yoke does not trigger the horn as it should. It really needs to be blindly accessible.
  • Apple Carplay and Android Auto will never come to Tesla.
    • All essential apps are implemented in Tesla's UI. If a non-essential app is needed Bluetooth is available. (podcasts, Apple Music, meeting apps, etc). Other car vendors implement these apps as a cop-out for lack of their own internal infotainment development department. Tesla adding these UIs over their own would be an admission that their UI team is failing.
I'm ready for the downvotes 😄

These issues will come back to bite them at some point in future. Last quarter Tesla spent 700 million on expedited shipping and warranty. With the ever increasing volume of cars they are selling if they don’t drastically improve the quality, warranty expenses will become huge and media and Teslaq will pounce on it.

I doubt it, they have too much invested - why bite the hand that feeds you? There's a reason everyone is radio silent about the poor customer service, and how pissed off many actual Tesla purchasers are. If you just read Tesla news, you would think Elon was in Austin pooping rainbow sprinkles and robots.

Reactions: DelPhonic1

and people are wondering what makes us twitch...