Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can you do a draggy in the 1/4 mile? How is the ride, quietness with, are those 22's? How is the noise cancelling working? How do the seats feel compared to the old? How does the power delivery feel to you in day to day traffic versus your previous car?
I’ll try and find a place for 1/4 mile. The ride is great. Now this is my first Tesla but my teenaged boys and wife have all commented on how smooth, quiet and awesome the ride is. They are 20’s. I’m not sure if I have the update with the noise canceling but I think I may because the ride is really quiet and I drove on I-80 through the sierras yesterday and the road is beat up from trucks with chains and it was quiet. Power is instant and noticeable. Super great when making a quick lane change or moving to get infront if someone. Love the car!

1. Any sign of the new yoke revision with the horn on the airbag (where it should be)? I'm expecting they'll ship this change long before they turn it on via SW, so perhaps the new ones you can feel a sort of button-press when pushing on the airbag.

2. My rejected white X had a mismatched bumper, does yours?

3. Hows your FWD sealing trim? Mine was shredded in spots.
No sign. I pushed down and was thinking it would at least have a little give or click but nothing.
Bumpers match
The FWD seal trim was good. It was bumpy on one door but I could just move it with my finger and it smoothed everything out.

Reactions: StrayTexel
It’s always good to have a pilot friend just in case crap goes down. I offer expertise in cyber warfare, data science, and explosives. Now we need someone that can pick locks, a car mechanic, and a doctor and we’ll be set. Maybe a chef. And of course our MXs.
I'll join as the expendable one. You always need someone you can just up and abandon or sacrifice for the greater good. Just be gentle.

Stopped by the Naperville/Lisle IL SA today.

This is where my mythical 7 seat LR is supposed to stop by before we meet...

I had questions, but I didn't get very many answers.

Q: Can you look in the computer to see the magic stuff I can't see the 45 times each day I look at my account?

A: I can't see anything special. But I can look in there to see if you have done all of your assigned tasks... (pauses) Hmm, it looks like you finished those last summer. You appear good to go.

Q: Have you had any Model X deliveries here?

A: Yes. Some.

Q: Do you know anything about when you will start to deliver the 7 seater LR model X's?

A: Does the X come in a 7-seater variant? (Ok, just kidding on this one. They did know that 7 seaters are planned. But no clue when they would start deliveries.)

Q: Urban legend states that some stores in Chicago might be better for getting a model X. Is that true?

A: No. There is no special priority given to any of the stores in town.

Q: Have you had any X's that you couldn't deliver to the initial VINer? Is it possible to get on a list to be considered to take delivery of a newly unmatched car?

A: No. If someone can't take delivery, we immediately match the next person on the list with the same configuration.

Sheesh. Overall not a very productive visit. Now I know what it feels like to be @Stro

Anyone here taken ownership of a blue one yet? Plaid or LR? I feel like all the ones I’m seeing confirmed are white, black, and red.
There are a couple on the spreadsheet that have taken delivery of blue, no blue pictures but I'd love to see some. Mako11 is one of em, maybe he can chime in?

Last edited:
Reactions: tintedrosie
I’ll try and find a place for 1/4 mile. The ride is great. Now this is my first Tesla but my teenaged boys and wife have all commented on how smooth, quiet and awesome the ride is. They are 20’s. I’m not sure if I have the update with the noise canceling but I think I may because the ride is really quiet and I drove on I-80 through the sierras yesterday and the road is beat up from trucks with chains and it was quiet. Power is instant and noticeable. Super great when making a quick lane change or moving to get infront if someone. Love the car!
Thanks for the great info you've shared. How far would you say your actual range is from full? And how have you fared with the yoke/buttons?

I think that explanation can be quite close that on part supply shortage they just put everything on cars what are in manufacturing lane and
those outside standings get what been left over. that truly can explain a bit of long waiting times for early orders a siders of that max profitable deliverys.

i hope my european version mxp fsd 20" blue stays so profitable tha they deliver it. there is currency difference between us and eur and change rate is
at the moment 1.11 us to 1 eur, that make my car cost at the moment 116 000us$ before all taxes, so i just hope that stays profitable enougf to be delicered.

Reactions: niogyn