Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I haven't left and won't leave this forum for a while. I truly appreciate everyone putting up with my silly sadness as we all waited (and some are still waiting MUCH longer than me) for our MXs. So here is what's happened:

- I received a text saying I had a VIN, to please finish all of the tasks such as providing insurance and payment.
- I called Tesla and told them to switch my account from cash payment to loan and take off FSD. They changed the loan part but the FSD part is still there. Not sure how long it takes to come off.
- I entered my bank info for the loan and submitted it. Also submitted my trade-in (M3 LR which so far has a 35K offer from GiveMeTheVIN. Taking it to CarMax tomorrow).
- I called back and asked if I wasn't able to be here next week, how long could they hold it for me. They said 72 hours is policy. If I don't come pick it up when THEY are ready and 72 hours pass, the car is going to someone else here in Houston. So now trying to figure things out . Maybe do a power of attorney to have my in-laws pick it up (but they don't know Teslas and will suck at inspecting it).
- Insurance isn't cheap. Gonna continue to shop.

Ordered 1/27/21
LR | White Ext | Black Int | 22"
My RN is RN1144194XX
My new VIN is 7SAXCBE51NF3321XX
Odometer reads 33 miles according to MVPA.
Congratulations @Stro. Finally, you made it and Feb 2022 seems to be kind to you. I am so glad that you got a VIN and a delivery window. Hope you have fun with your car. keep surfing on this forum.

Ignore the EDD. Frankly if the X was in good condition, model year didn't matter until you sell it and even then.... The alignment of panels, build quality and finish are a gamble.

I took delivery of a 2016 S in December and had option for 2017 but it never mattered to Tesla back then and while some unsophisticated buyers might not notice, Tesla doesn't seem to care with trade ins.
Haha, now I don’t care when my model X will come, I’m sure it will come. Just want a perfect one.

So I haven't left and won't leave this forum for a while. I truly appreciate everyone putting up with my silly sadness as we all waited (and some are still waiting MUCH longer than me) for our MXs. So here is what's happened:

- I received a text saying I had a VIN, to please finish all of the tasks such as providing insurance and payment.
- I called Tesla and told them to switch my account from cash payment to loan and take off FSD. They changed the loan part but the FSD part is still there. Not sure how long it takes to come off.
- I entered my bank info for the loan and submitted it. Also submitted my trade-in (M3 LR which so far has a 35K offer from GiveMeTheVIN. Taking it to CarMax tomorrow).
- I called back and asked if I wasn't able to be here next week, how long could they hold it for me. They said 72 hours is policy. If I don't come pick it up when THEY are ready and 72 hours pass, the car is going to someone else here in Houston. So now trying to figure things out . Maybe do a power of attorney to have my in-laws pick it up (but they don't know Teslas and will suck at inspecting it).

Ordered 1/27/21
My RN is RN1144194XX
I’m super happy for you @Stro

Hope you get a flawless car

Any changes to the hitch receiver on the Model X refresh in 2022 car that I am waiting for? The vertical weight limit is pretty low on the OEM stock hidden detachable hitch receiver. People used to upgrade to a solid hitch receiver on the old style but no one has confirmed upgrading the hitch on the new style yet.

Reactions: zk19
Hello,
heres an update to my MXP 7 seat order from August 21.
after many emails and calls I finally got a call back to change over to the 6 seater. I agreed and they changed the order. They stated the price will go up $3K, but they will refund that charge when I get the final bill, so no cost change. I did not loose my EDD of April …..yet. so all you 5/7 seaters out there, keep texting and calling until you get the order changed.
im enjoying my MSP now.
Cheers

Even smaller world... I too am picking up my X tomorrow at Renton.

I hope it's not snowing, because I would rather not be testing the Plaid power/torque with the high performance summer tires in those conditions.

Also, I haven't paid yet. I assume I could do ACH transfer while at the store. My credit union deposited the loan amount in my account already. This is new to me, because in the past I had paid using wire transfer for the S, and with a personal check for the 3.
Finally!!!

Besides few minor things (service will fix next month), everything is in great shape. Pick up went smoothly, apparently they don't clean inside for some reason but whatever, was glad to get out of there.

Hopefully you guys will get yours soon enough.. well worth the wait.

Attachments

• 20220202_125533.jpg
    20220202_125533.jpg
    529.8 KB · Views: 106
  • 20220202_125520.jpg
    20220202_125520.jpg
    631.6 KB · Views: 82

Ordered 1/27/21
My RN is RN1144194XX
Congratulations! Seems like the year of the tiger is treating you very well already!

Attachments

• 6F1DB130-F676-4925-9A70-7AC4CF8DF112.jpeg
    6F1DB130-F676-4925-9A70-7AC4CF8DF112.jpeg
    283.5 KB · Views: 90
So a QUICK HEADS UP!

Tesla just called me to talk about FSD. When I first placed my order, I had selected FSD. I then took it off in March. It gave me an option to add it again back in December/January (I think), and I told myself, why not since the price increase was about to happen. That I'd have time to think about it and take it off if I didn't want it. Well, I just tried doing that and they said because of how it played out (adding it, taking it off, adding it), if Tesla takes it off, I will be going up to today's pricing. I called BS on that and the dude said there was nothing he could do. That it's their policy. So Im being forced to take it with FSD.

So if you're on the same boat.... You've been warned!!!

So a QUICK HEADS UP!

Tesla just called me to talk about FSD. When I first placed my order, I had selected FSD. I then took it off in March. It gave me an option to add it again back in December/January (I think), and I told myself, why not since the price increase was about to happen. That I'd have time to think about it and take it off if I didn't want it. Well, I just tried doing that and they said because of how it played out (adding it, taking it off, adding it), if Tesla takes it off, I will be going up to today's pricing. I called BS on that and the dude said there was nothing he could do. That it's their policy. So Im being forced to take it with FSD.

So if you're on the same boat.... You've been warned!!!
I know there is no way to know but do you think having the fsd helped at all in getting the vin?

So I haven't left and won't leave this forum for a while. I truly appreciate everyone putting up with my silly sadness as we all waited (and some are still waiting MUCH longer than me) for our MXs.

Congrats Stro! I've been lurking since page 1 and my info has been in the sheet since its creation. I've appreciated silently empathizing with everyone's rollercoaster. You inspired me to register finally.

1/16/21 pre-refresh order of LR white/white/20"/OG 6 seats/No VIN. My RN is RN1143806XX. Bay Area, Fremont delivery. Refresh pricing accepted quickly with $2K discount.

I think someone referenced 11441 seeming to be all fulfilled, but I'm 30K ahead of that across all models. Feels like this may be my week, but I've said that before. Sure hope it's not the last week of the quarter when us locals get punished with shoddy builds.

My SA has been responsive, but doesn't know anything. He has been working there 5.5 years and has a contact he said he'd email at the factory, so I was hopeful, but it's been 10 days.

Let's all be glad the X has radar, with all the vision-only issues on 3/Y/beta. I don't know how someone slipped that by Elon. Probably because he said all of our cars were supposed be rolling off the line almost a year ago before the shortage.

Good luck to all who are still waiting!

Ordered 1/27/21
My RN is RN1144194XX
There is literally nothing that could bring me hope except this post. Congratulations @Stro, it has been a long journey. Interestingly, as you were typing this message, I was on the phone with Tesla sales in CA and they said, " Your delivery estimate says 'March' that's all I know" 😡 😂 😭
Seeing that you got your VIN gives me that bit of happiness I desperately needed.
Congratulations, professor!

171/mo for me for some reason. I have zero accidents or tickets in the last 20 years. High imho.
Here in Southern Cali I pay almost a 100/month more than you thru Tesla insurance. But I always have at least one ticket on my revolving 3 yr record, usually speeding. 😄 None yet in the X so far, which is miraculous. And that was the lowest then by about $100. Count yer blessings.

I know there is no way to know but do you think having the fsd helped at all in getting the vin?
I want to say yes (higher margin).

Stro..got a VIN? Next you’ll tell me that Google is gonna do a 20:1 split on their stock or something.
lol! I hope the rest of you folks are next!

Congrats Stro! I've been lurking since page 1 and my info has been in the sheet since its creation. I've appreciated silently empathizing with everyone's rollercoaster. You inspired me to register finally.

1/16/21 pre-refresh order of LR white/white/20"/OG 6 seats/No VIN. My RN is RN1143806XX. Bay Area, Fremont delivery. Refresh pricing accepted quickly with $2K discount.

I think someone referenced 11441 seeming to be all fulfilled, but I'm 30K ahead of that across all models. Feels like this may be my week, but I've said that before. Sure hope it's not the last week of the quarter when us locals get punished with shoddy builds.

My SA has been responsive, but doesn't know anything. He has been working there 5.5 years and has a contact he said he'd email at the factory, so I was hopeful, but it's been 10 days.

Let's all be glad the X has radar, with all the vision-only issues on 3/Y/beta. I don't know how someone slipped that by Elon. Probably because he said all of our cars were supposed be rolling off the line almost a year ago before the shortage.

Good luck to all who are still waiting!
I think that ours are all mostly built and waiting in the infield of the test track... But waiting on a part or two.im 1145.. and ready to celebrate my one year orderversary in a week and a half.

But if Stro can get a VIN...there's hope for all of us!