Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So a QUICK HEADS UP!

Tesla just called me to talk about FSD. When I first placed my order, I had selected FSD. I then took it off in March. It gave me an option to add it again back in December/January (I think), and I told myself, why not since the price increase was about to happen. That I'd have time to think about it and take it off if I didn't want it. Well, I just tried doing that and they said because of how it played out (adding it, taking it off, adding it), if Tesla takes it off, I will be going up to today's pricing. I called BS on that and the dude said there was nothing he could do. That it's their policy. So Im being forced to take it with FSD.

So if you're on the same boat.... You've been warned!!!
Well, THAT sucks. You'd think given it's literally a bit switch in code that's involved they'd be good with it. I get it that certain things make it impossible to change other than by incurring a new order, but code isn't one of them. "Policy" reads more like "we don't wanna".

Reactions: Shopi01 and Stro
In the past, they were calling even holders of 5-seater LR orders suggesting them to switch to a 6 seater. Got one 2 months ago. They told that they were not going to produce any 5 seaters soon.

I'm a 5 seater LR preorder (jan 2021). They called me to switch(I'm not using the term upgrade) . I asked specifically if I didn't switch when I could expect my 5 seater X and I was told definitely Q1, probably late feb to early march.

I'm a 5 seater LR preorder (jan 2021). They called me to switch(I'm not using the term upgrade) . I asked specifically if I didn't switch when I could expect my 5 seater X and I was told definitely Q1, probably late feb to early march.
You probably have more of a chance to get yours than those who paid more for the 6 seater with the promise of a 2021 delivery. Now that I think of it, I wonder if that means they'll deliver a 2021 Model X instead of a 2022...whenever they decide.

Nope identical vehicles just perceived value.. if someone saw a 2021 X for sale and a 22 with identical mileage pricing and specs they would always choose the 22.. i would even venture to say that if the 22 was identical specs and a few thousand more most would pay the extra money
And actual value. kbb used car values make a big jump between model years.

Reactions: TrevTremaine
Ouch.. I’d decline a 2021 vin in February of 22
It looks like one of the vechiled
When did you receive the call? I received the call back in Dec and been told the same thing. I called twice last week, been told they don't know when the 5 seat option will be produced... From what I heard, recently, the reason they build model x slow due to parts constraint and also quality issue. Elon musk's model x had some quality issues and he was upset about it

So a QUICK HEADS UP!

Tesla just called me to talk about FSD. When I first placed my order, I had selected FSD. I then took it off in March. It gave me an option to add it again back in December/January (I think), and I told myself, why not since the price increase was about to happen. That I'd have time to think about it and take it off if I didn't want it. Well, I just tried doing that and they said because of how it played out (adding it, taking it off, adding it), if Tesla takes it off, I will be going up to today's pricing. I called BS on that and the dude said there was nothing he could do. That it's their policy. So Im being forced to take it with FSD.

So if you're on the same boat.... You've been warned!!!
Can you try emailing ordersupport? Maybe your SA is full of it

GUYS.... get this sh*t. I already submitted everything and bank has commenced the payment side. Switched insurance to take care of the car for now and was even about to head to CarMax tomorrow to sell it.

Tesla just called to tell me they 'matched me with a September 2020 order holder's car'. He was very apologetic and kept asking permission to unmatch so that person could get their car in San Antonio. I guess I'm too much of a nice guy and said ok. He promised that any car that becomes available in Texas will come to me at my pricing. I said I didn't care about interior or exterior color.

So back in the waiting pool I go. I'm angry at myself. I want to be angry at the dude for making the mistake of assigning it to two people, but holy crap. Emotional rollercoaster.

GUYS.... get this sh*t. I already submitted everything and bank has commenced the payment side. Switched insurance to take care of the car for now and was even about to head to CarMax tomorrow to sell it.

Tesla just called to tell me they 'matched me with a September 2020 order holder's car'. He was very apologetic and kept asking permission to unmatch so that person could get their car in San Antonio. I guess I'm too much of a nice guy and said ok. He promised that any car that becomes available in Texas will come to me at my pricing. I said I didn't care about interior or exterior color.

So back in the waiting pool I go. I'm angry at myself. I want to be angry at the dude for making the mistake of assigning it to two people, but holy crap. Emotional rollercoaster.
That SUCKS so bad...

Don't you hate that they're so strict on picking up the car within 72 hours? I told them I was going to be on business travel for 6 weeks and they said by law in MA both registrants must be present. I had to remove myself off of everything and only put my wife's name on there.

In MA the point system goes as follows and we call it "steps"
Step:

Both my wife and I are Step 98 drivers. We both have 1 speeding ticket each that was 5 years ago. It won't fall off until it hits the 6 year mark.

Our current annual insurance premium: $2,276, now it has inflated to $4,035.

For one car? Our P85DL is about $1200 / year through USAA.

wow, that's low of them. This company is really trying to lose customers.