Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My comment was in response to the idea that Fremont would be kept for International orders.

I could see Fremont being entirely shut down. Facilities and labor costs, environmental rules, and the aging plant infrastructure (some is from the 70s when GM/Toyota ran the place) are all factors
On the contrary. Even though its the old GM abandoned plant, Fremont is now the #1 producing car factory in North America. Elon also said they'll be doubling Fremont production during one of the earnings calls. They are car starved with intense demand as this very board suggests so nicely on the regular;). They literally won't be able to build gigafactories fast enough. If you haven't, buy your stock now. And to those that keep bragging about paying in cash, right now you should never do that-- you should be putting 10% down and 90% into Tesla stock.

There. I said what I said.

Plaid Model X, black ext white interior, 22”, 6 seat configuration ordered in June 2021. App said March 2022 now says Feb 4-21.

Does the more specific delivery date range mean things are moving? I check the Tesla site daily for updates — how often do they update the delivery dates?

Reactions: DelPhonic1
Actually Tesla is doing EXACTLY what they said they were going to do, and what they have always done in the past. The most expensive higher margin units are being delivered first. 6 passenger Plaid and LR. After that, the 7 passenger units, and finally the 5 passenger. The only thing a little different this time around is they completely removed the 5 and 7 passenger Plaid from thy product line. But they did step up and offer folks the chance to change to a 6, for free. Which is oddly generous of them.

Absolutely normal practice. I am in line for a 5 myself, and see nothing unusual here at all.
This not how it worked with the model 3. I would've gotten the performance model and white seats if they were available.

It's not even how it worked with the X this time when Plaid initially had regulatory issues.

Tesla is always toggling between 4 constraints: part suppliers, batteries, rushed engineering, and Elon.

Sooo many paint scratches, a dent in the front bumper, even windshield glass scratches yet the SA at Tesla said to just take pics and write it all up in the service ticket.

We will investigate more at home in the garage, the glare from the Florida sunshine is intense today.
FWD appear fine.

More pics to come. Our previous Teslas didn’t have these paint or glass issues at all. Bummer about the lack of quality control on their most expensive model but it’s still a blast to drive!
9DF0BA5D-27A5-4ECA-A97F-6327678E9600.jpeg

Sooo many paint scratches, a dent in the front bumper, even windshield glass scratches yet the SA at Tesla said to just take pics and write it all up in the service ticket.

We will investigate more at home in the garage, the glare from the Florida sunshine is intense today.
FWD appear fine.

More pics to come. Our previous Teslas didn’t have these paint or glass issues at all. Bummer about the lack of quality control on their most expensive model but it’s still a blast to drive!View attachment 764994
Congratulations. Yes it was a perfect weather day here. So sorry you have so many issues. But glad you can drive it home.

FWD appear fine.

More pics to come. Our previous Teslas didn’t have these paint or glass issues at all. Bummer about the lack of quality control on their most expensive model but it’s still a blast to drive!View attachment 764994
Congrats on the new car!!

Sorry to hear about all the issues... I added your issues to the Issue Tracking Database

Congrats on the new car!!

Sorry to hear about all the issues... I added your issues to the Issue Tracking Database
Thank you. I’ll be sure to add anything else we find once we look it over in detail in the garage.

Just got a text from someone at Tesla asking if i plan on trading in because they don’t see it on my account. IT’S BECAUSE YOU WON’T LET ME DO IT UNTIL YOU ARE ABOUT TO DELIVER THE CAR!

Maybe it’s a sign i’m getting close. who knows.
I've had my trade-in attached to my order since last July. Every month they ask me to update the mileage and keep increasing the trade-in amount.

So I decided to stay with the black model x plaid instead of switching to red. I got a text from Tesla letting me know they will update my order from 7 seater to 6 seater. They said the price will go up (FSD increase and 6 seater) but they said it will be re-adjusted 72 hrs prior to delivery. I got an appraisal from Carvana and they wanted to give me $98k for my 2022 LR model X. They are on crack. I will try to get an appraisal through Tesla once they update my order and see what they say. The value went up 20k since my original order in Jan 2021 so I would like to at least get what I paid for it. If I can't do that I will just keep the LR as I really love it anyways.

Reactions: Crimsonsteel23
FWIW - I ordered in June, Plaid/White/White/20"/FSD/6-seat. Was just assigned a VIN and a Feb 17-21 delivery window this morning. It's on its way to the DC area, but I am enjoying my Model S Plaid so much I'm actually debating whether to accept delivery or put it on hold and decide later whether I really want the X.
I have same issue -- the Plaid model x is so fast I don't feel like I'm losing anything on acceleration. The auto open / close doors are nice as is bigger frunk and ease of pax in back. And ability to tow. Its a tough decision.

I might just get the x and list them both for sale really high and decide while I wait for someone desperate to get plaid without the wait.

Everyone else does this too though. Rivian, ford, GM, Lucid. Check which models get delivered first - always the highest margin low volume ones.

The only reason tesla confused people this time is they delayed the Plaid for a few months and we saw LR 6 seat go out first. Now the plaid is ready so they started building all Plaids. They’re being totally consistent with how they’ve always been (and every other auto manufacturer including all the new EV makers).

Do we all like that they do this? No. Is it the reality of how nearly every consumer product is sold? Yes.
Can confirm - used to work for a Fortune 100 smartphone maker and there was always ample supply of high capacity (and uber high margin) SKUs (256GB/512GB) at launch and that's what was pushed to resellers/telcos in large numbers, while the base SKUs were less available/plentiful. It's allll about hitting their numbers and posting positive Q/Q and Y/Y comps for publicly traded corporations, full stop.

Model X Long Range, white exterior black/ebony interior, 6-seat 20" FSD ordered May 2021. East Coast USA.
Had a 2021 VIN in November, given and taken back.

EDD currently Feb 16-22 and I see I have a new VIN this morning. 7SAXCBE54NF33xxxx
No phone call so I may be jumping the gun here.

I'd appreciate a link to the spreadsheet. I already have an entry there, but I've forgotten how to find it.

I'd appreciate a link to the spreadsheet. I already have an entry there, but I've forgotten how to find it.
Absolutely!

Model X Long Range, white exterior black/ebony interior, 6-seat 20" FSD ordered May 2021. East Coast USA.
Had a 2021 VIN in November, given and taken back.

EDD currently Feb 16-22 and I see I have a new VIN this morning. 7SAXCBE54NF33xxxx
No phone call so I may be jumping the gun here.

Here you go:

Update your entry here.