Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Stro I remember you mentioned checking the source code frequently, as I also do. Did you by chance see a VIN below before you got notified and it was reassigned? I'm trying to decrease my time refreshing various sources, and I suspect I'll just get a text first. Still showing:

<input type="hidden" name="vin" />

@Stro I remember you mentioned checking the source code frequently, as I also do. Did you by chance see a VIN below before you got notified and it was reassigned? I'm trying to decrease my time refreshing various sources, and I suspect I'll just get a text first. Still showing:

I checked the website and app several times per day. Even with that, I first found out from a text message. I had gotten so used to checking these places that even after getting my car, I find myself mindlessly launching my Tesla app to check for a VIN.

Also, the website had my VIN for a couple hours before my app did.

• Funny
Reactions: groundy
Hard to believe they’ve officially built a whole new factory and started assigning 4680 Y VINs before my X VIN. Something tells me they’ll do a bunch of X backlog deliveries real quick before they get cancellations for a possibility superior and future proof Austin Ys.

I check it daily and I also found out via text message first. I believe the web, app, and text happened simultaneously for me, but I was on a conference call and didn’t pay attention to texts until it finished. Then I sh*t myself only to be disappointed a few hours later when the VIN was taken away.

Congrats! My EDD is March for Cincinnati and wasn't sure if there had been any deliveries on the MXLR at that location. If this holds up, good news for sure.
So VINdictive!
Got my VIN for MXLR today!
Priority Queue for the win!
EDD Feb 21 - 25
Spoke with SA and was told car is still at Freemont waiting to get on train to come to Cincinnati!
7SAXCBE56NF3286XX
Nice. Hopefully they have a lot of MX on that truck. Which "priority queue" are you in @flippingrich ? I'm pretty we ALL are in a "priority queue". Yours is the "A computer glitched accidentally assigned a VIN to you and we had take it away" queue right? I was supposedly in the "Pre-refresh order so we are jacking up your price but still giving you a slight discount" priority queue, but now the jacked up price is still like $15k less than everyone else so I think it's the opposite of priority. *crosses his fingers for a big old truck of LR Xes heading to Cincinnati soon.*

Can my fellow Texan non-Vinners tell me if you already have a delivery window just to see if Tesla is planning a LR shipment in the following weeks?
I am in Houston with an EDD Feb 15 to March 6 ( already pushed forward 2 weeks though)…
Two LR and one Plaid X’s, all 6’s and beautiful at Fort Worth Service Center today. My XLR delivery window remains at Feb 21-mar 14 and VINless

Got a call from Fremont today saying that LR would be available in 5 and 7 seaters while Plaids would ONLY be available in 6 seaters. He wanted to know if I wanted to change my 5 Seat Plaid to 6 or Change Plaid to LR.
Do not like the idea of a 6 Seater and do not like the option of a non Plaid.
Does anyone who likes and prefers 5 Seats had any experience with a 6 Seater?
I do not have need for more than 2- 3 seats for passengers.
Regularly but not frequently carry things necessitating the back seats folding down.
Is it annoying having to negotiate those 2 immobile seats or no big deal?

• Informative
Reactions: TrevTremaine
Got a call from Fremont today saying that LR would be available in 5 and 7 seaters while Plaids would ONLY be available in 6 seaters. He wanted to know if I wanted to change my 5 Seat Plaid to 6 or Change Plaid to LR.
Regularly but not frequently carry things necessitating the back seats folding down.
I am in a similar situation... and have a couple of thoughts for you: (I already own a 5 seater 2017 X - with lots of experience in it, but I don't have any experience with a 6 seater).

- If you keep the last two seats down all of the time in the 6 seater (based on spacing and the web images), I think you end up with the same trunk size as a 5 seater. You would just have a 4 seater from a practical standpoint.

- The open space between the two captain seats is all you have for longer items - they would have to be fairly narrow.

I have thought about it often... the end result is that I really don't want or need a 6 seater - I definitely don't have any use for the 3rd row. And, looking at the captain chairs (I have looked through the window of a new X) - they really don't look that great - no armrests... just kind of a basic seats. Given that I intend to keep the car for quite a few years, I am just going to wait for the vehicle I ordered: An LR with 5 seats.

By the way, if they call and say the 5 seat LR option is cancelled - I would accept a 6 seater, as ultimately, I do very much like the X as a vehicle.

My kids now don’t like the 6 seater middle row on my X since I got the Y. They prefer the recline capabilities in the Y since the X has an unnatural constant L shape when tilted back.