Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am in a similar situation... and have a couple of thoughts for you: (I already own a 5 seater 2017 X - with lots of experience in it, but I don't have any experience with a 6 seater).

- If you keep the last two seats down all of the time in the 6 seater (based on spacing and the web images), I think you end up with the same trunk size as a 5 seater. You would just have a 4 seater from a practical standpoint.

- The open space between the two captain seats is all you have for longer items - they would have to be fairly narrow.

I have thought about it often... the end result is that I really don't want or need a 6 seater - I definitely don't have any use for the 3rd row. And, looking at the captain chairs (I have looked through the window of a new X) - they really don't look that great - no armrests... just kind of a basic seats. Given that I intend to keep the car for quite a few years, I am just going to wait for the vehicle I ordered: An LR with 5 seats.

By the way, if they call and say the 5 seat LR option is cancelled - I would accept a 6 seater, as ultimately, I do very much like the X as a vehicle.
The lack of armrests is a definite negative on long trips but no X has a rear armrest for some reason.

I guess it's better than if they were doing donuts... 🤔🤦‍♂️
Will check for signs of physical donuts as well figurative donuts.. lol
For those of you getting VINS and delivery dates, are you finding out by going to the app every day or are you also getting a phone call or text?
Text/App.. I saw on app prior to text.. but they are within minutes of each other..
Congrats! My EDD is March for Cincinnati and wasn't sure if there had been any deliveries on the MXLR at that location. If this holds up, good news for sure.
My sister was the second X delivered to that market.. The first was an employee.. (go figure) I picked up my S from there about three weeks ago and they told me they have now had one additional since so 3 total.. One plaid and two LRs. I'm sure there have been more since.. Also, I'm in Louisville as well as my sister.. She has White with black interior and I have MSM with white interior.. Im in prospect and rarely SC but if you see me, be a weirdo and say hi! haha
Can my fellow Texan non-Vinners tell me if you already have a delivery window just to see if Tesla is planning a LR shipment in the following weeks?
I am in Houston with an EDD Feb 15 to March 6 ( already pushed forward 2 weeks though)…
My EDD was Feb 2-23 then moved to Feb 16 - March 9 on Feb 3rd.. Got VIN today.. According to my SA there a bunch of them going through inspection and they are making sure they are good to go before assigning VINs to limit returns/people not accepting delivery. Hence why mine has 88 miles on it.. But she said if you get within that window and are "softmatched" it is almost guaranteed that you will get a VIN shortly before or inside that EDD. She said that the EDDs are starting to be more reliable now that supply issues are more easy to predict
Nice. Hopefully they have a lot of MX on that truck. Which "priority queue" are you in @flippingrich ? I'm pretty we ALL are in a "priority queue". Yours is the "A computer glitched accidentally assigned a VIN to you and we had take it away" queue right? I was supposedly in the "Pre-refresh order so we are jacking up your price but still giving you a slight discount" priority queue, but now the jacked up price is still like $15k less than everyone else so I think it's the opposite of priority. *crosses his fingers for a big old truck of LR Xes heading to Cincinnati soon.*
I was the guy who got a VIN on 11/30 with a bunch of others then had it removed. Then saw my exact VIN getting offered to another user on TMC who ordered a different ext/int color and reg wheels oppose to 22s.. It was devastating for a tad but like an abused stepchild I was placed in a PrIoRiTy QuEuE and it made me feel SpEcIaL.. until I realized everyone was in this club and there was nothing special about it.. lol GL on getting your X bud!

Reactions: TrevTremaine
Got a call from Fremont today saying that LR would be available in 5 and 7 seaters while Plaids would ONLY be available in 6 seaters. He wanted to know if I wanted to change my 5 Seat Plaid to 6 or Change Plaid to LR.
Do not like the idea of a 6 Seater and do not like the option of a non Plaid.
Does anyone who likes and prefers 5 Seats had any experience with a 6 Seater?
I do not have need for more than 2- 3 seats for passengers.
Regularly but not frequently carry things necessitating the back seats folding down.
Is it annoying having to negotiate those 2 immobile seats or no big deal?

It's an issue for me. I recently hauled a standard sized front door in my model S. It fit with the seats down. It would not fit in the 6 seat X with the middle row not folding down.

Then I was forced to downgrade from 5 seats to 6 seats for "free". I'm hoping that if me EDD sticks to October that by then, they'll start offering 5/7 again on the Plaid and that I'll be able to upgrade for free to either 5 or 7 seats.

Reactions: gglockner
Any point in checking this thread for next 2 month if I have LR 7 seater reservation?? :b
You can check this one instead:

This existing thread is full of irrelevant replies.

Was supposed to get my X today. Someone from the SC called me yesterday to say the FWD needed alignment so that might not be done in time.
Then later in the day he said there was some oil marks on the door panels that were not coming off. Replacement door panels (not sure how many of them) have been ordered and it could take about 10 days because of limited supply. So... I wait.
I asked about the rest of the car and he said that the rest looked fine.

I'm disappointed I now have to wait a couple more weeks. But I am happy that the SC seems to be checking things over properly.
I don't live particularly close, so I'd be really upset if these things were not caught before I took delivery.
It's a shame this couldn't have been done at the factory.

I am in a similar situation... and have a couple of thoughts for you: (I already own a 5 seater 2017 X - with lots of experience in it, but I don't have any experience with a 6 seater).

- If you keep the last two seats down all of the time in the 6 seater (based on spacing and the web images), I think you end up with the same trunk size as a 5 seater. You would just have a 4 seater from a practical standpoint.

- The open space between the two captain seats is all you have for longer items - they would have to be fairly narrow.

I have thought about it often... the end result is that I really don't want or need a 6 seater - I definitely don't have any use for the 3rd row. And, looking at the captain chairs (I have looked through the window of a new X) - they really don't look that great - no armrests... just kind of a basic seats. Given that I intend to keep the car for quite a few years, I am just going to wait for the vehicle I ordered: An LR with 5 seats.

By the way, if they call and say the 5 seat LR option is cancelled - I would accept a 6 seater, as ultimately, I do very much like the X as a vehicle.
You don’t quite get the same trunk space in 6 seater. There is an extra sub trunk space in 5 seater version only that can fit more stuff beneath the floor. This is in addition to the regular sub trunk and is located where the extra row of seats would fold down.

Reactions: mr-dmitry
April for me as well. W/w/7/FSD/20. At least they crushed my hopes earlier this month.

Guess I’ll need to start looking at the spreadsheet. Wondering now if new 6 seaters ordered let’s say in November or December are starting to get VINs now. That would be a sign that they may never make 5/7.

See you guys in March.

Reactions: aba_woo