Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room: Refreshed Model X 5/7 seats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

outie

May 22, 2016
SoCal
I am tired of reading all irrelevant posts in the 20k+ replies thread, so I am starting this one that is relevant to us.

I originally ordered Plaid X 7 seaters in June 2021. Last month I got the call to switch to 6 seats Plaid for free because they no longer produce 5/7 variants on Plaid, and the other option was to change to Base/Long Range at current pricing if I needed 7 seats, so that's what I did.

My current EDD is TBD and has been like that for weeks. I know EDD is not important but that's where it stands for me.

Reactions: CoryMD and TechVP
For us its the ability to utilize as much space as possible, so having the bench that folds down is key. If the second row seats actually folded flat we would have probably switched. I am really hoping to take delivery by the end of April as we have a road trip planned in May. Ordered May 2021 with a current EDD of March.
There is so much speculation regarding production issues, and one person will hear something that contradicts someone else’s information. Figure its pointless to call Tesla, so just waiting it out.

Good Morning. I am also a 7 seater order, LR. Never was contacted for anything to switch or not. I don't mind being on the other thread as it is a still a nice hub full of information, whether accurate or inaccurate. FWIW, I have a pretty responsive SA and he said he did hear that they are starting 5/7 seater production soon. And he always admitted that he is providing every info to me that is given to him (which isn't much at all). But I do respect his transparency instead of making up reasons.

Reactions: Kitt9000 and outie
I am tired of reading all irrelevant posts in the 20k+ replies thread, so I am starting this one that is relevant to us.

I originally ordered Plaid X 7 seaters in June 2021. Last month I got the call to switch to 6 seats Plaid for free because they no longer produce 5/7 variants on Plaid, and the other option was to change to Base/Long Range at current pricing if I needed 7 seats, so that's what I did.

My current EDD is TBD and has been like that for weeks. I know EDD is not important but that's where it stands for me.
When you changed from Plaid to LR, did you have to pay for the current pricing and did it move you to the back of the line (whatever that means)?

Good Morning. I am also a 7 seater order, LR. Never was contacted for anything to switch or not. I don't mind being on the other thread as it is a still a nice hub full of information, whether accurate or inaccurate. FWIW, I have a pretty responsive SA and he said he did hear that they are starting 5/7 seater production soon. And he always admitted that he is providing every info to me that is given to him (which isn't much at all). But I do respect his transparency instead of making up reasons.
I am still watching the other thread in case anyone provides anything useful about 5/7 seaters and share here. Too much irrelevant contents are buried in that thread.
When you changed from Plaid to LR, did you have to pay for the current pricing and did it move you to the back of the line (whatever that means)?
Current pricing, unfortunately. That means I am paying more than what I would've paid if I ordered a LR in the first place. In terms of moving me back of the line, I have no clue. My RN didn't change and my EDD also didn't change from its original Plaid order, namely Feb at the time. It was still Feb after I got the confirmation email about my updated order, but days later it changed to TBD and has been there since.

Unfortunately for every 10 pages over there there’s only 1 reply somewhat relevant. Someone posted that their SA mentioned 5/7 seaters production will start soon, like next month, and obviously that should only be taken with a grain of salt. I do check the other threads frequently and if there’s any concrete, relevant info I’ll update here.