Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My sincere condolences to all of you being moved to April. Everything I've seen so far does seem to point to the "naked months" being a true placeholder value, with the range values possibly being indicative of the "soft matching" some SAs are talking about.

That being said, just over 2 weeks short of a year since my order was placed, I finally woke up to that sweet, sweet character string: 7SAXCBE66NF332XXX
Hopefully it sticks.

Plaid
White/White
20"
OG 6 Seater
FSD

Delivery to Atlanta metro area February 25 - March 1st. @Niranga you've got to be next (if you don't have one already). You were my indicator since your Plaid order was just a few days before me, same area.

Question for anyone who has traded a car into Tesla before.. if you do not roll the entire value of the trade in into the payment for the new car does Tesla cut you a check at delivery or mail it later?
This is yesterday - No cash back.
Screenshot_20220209-054434_Messages.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: zapparino
I was expecting to move to April this morning, but was moved to May...

376 days since I ordered... wonder if orders from Canada will all be moved to May?
Not surprised but also very disappointed. I've now elected to buyout my S lease which really isn't a good deal, but the monthly payments aren't making sense either. Now each month of delay has me considering other manufacturer options more strongly. Either way now looks like I'll be paying the luxury tax on top of it because by then it'll be in effect. I guess the "final cold weather testing" my SA went like...Model X production from 2021 - fits and sh**s. By May, I CERTAINLY wouldn't accept any of the Model Xs that have been sitting around for so long without some kind of discount (and yes, I know that won't happen).

It's clear something is wrong with the design if they're now looking at the "cold weather testing". If Model 3/Y and S deliveries are happening right now at some level of volume, I have a hard time believing it's a supply chain issue. Perhaps Tesla has chosen to focus on those vehicles for now, I'd be curious to know whether part of it involves moving staff temporarily to Austin or Berlin for training? Who knows, and frankly - I just don't care any more.

Last edited:
"Me too"

Ordered refresh X plaid 5 seater the day it came out to replace current X. I too got the call to change to 6 seater last year- first if I was willing to pay 6,500 and they'd think about getting me a car by Q4 2021. I declined. They then a few weeks later called and said it was "free" to go 6 seater. I begrudgingly agreed as it was becoming clear they have no intent to produce 5/7, maybe ever. They'd just do the usual Tesla shuffle and keep delaying keep delaying. O, and I've had a Roadster on order since 2018.

After delaying 3-4 months prior, then after agreeing to the 6 seater, which I didn't really want in the first place, I finally earlier this year got a 2 week window, January 30- Feb 14, so I thought, ok, I guess its getting close. Nope. Then February came and they moved back to Feb 7- Feb 21. Well ok, no big deal, what's another week or 2. Just checked today...yep now we're April 2022. F*ck. What's maddening is that in addition to now being way past a year late, of course Tesla never calls to give any updates, nor can you ever get a human that has any clue. You just wait and go online to see if they have blessed you with any hope or information.

Sorry for the rant, I know everyone in the same boat. Honestly, can't wait for the other car companies to give Tesla some real competition-- this from a huge fan in the beginning (I've had 4 Teslas so far) but the service is getting so much worse. Given Tesla arrogance and what is arguably the worst customer service in the automotive industry (3 weeks to get glass replacement....but that's another story), I'm really looking forward to the day when there are some real alternatives and I can dump them. Great cars and leading EV for sure, but poor quality, and horrible service just doesn't seem like a sustainable business model. At least for me.

the worst customer service in the automotive industry (3 weeks to get glass replacement....but that's another story)
Wow! In what state was that? I‘m really thinking about cancelling my order if a month long wait is the only option to get any service. With VW and Audi, I could always repair or service the car the same day!

The Tesla trademark is the one associated with misery and despair. And we have to pay so much to bring all that suffering on ourselves. Does it even make any sense?

Last edited: