Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Cadillac is coming late to the party. The lyric styling does nothing for me. It's claimed 300 miles range with +100 kWh battery falls far short of the over 400 miles of range on the Model S.
Supercharging anyone?
In fact NAVIGATING on a road trip?

Regular people don’t plan where they’re going to fill up. Technology is only good as it facilitates our goals, not gets in the way (having to search for a charger, etc).

Only Tesla is reasonable unless you are full on geek or geek-willing. Even Tesla has a good ways to go to being on par with gas cars (refill rate, range especially for towing & cold weather long distance travel).

Reactions: T3slafan2500
Supercharging anyone?
In fact NAVIGATING on a road trip?

Regular people don’t plan where they’re going to fill up. Technology is only good as it facilitates our goals, not gets in the way (having to search for a charger, etc).

Only Tesla is reasonable unless you are full on geek or geek-willing. Even Tesla has a good ways to go to being on par with gas cars (refill rate, range especially for towing & cold weather long distance travel).
I suspect you haven't touched a Lyriq but you are already dismissing it? At least wait until you touch, feel and maybe drive one? Or talked to an owner? None of shipped so how do you know?

BTW, I am down on Lyriq too but only because of the horrible ordering process that failed in 10 minutes of reservations. And then they closed reservations. So not defending but do keep an open mind on all products.

Cadillac is coming late to the party. The lyric styling does nothing for me. It's claimed 300 miles range with +100 kWh battery falls far short of the over 400 miles of range on the Model S.
Also waiting to see if GM can make an EV that doesn’t catch fire when charged…their current credibility for EVs is really low in my opinion.

Tesla is going to have to step up is game sooner than later. GM ahead of schedule w Lyriq which I would probably choose over a Y.

That looks like an old man’s car in my opinion, maybe when I’m 75 and the other charging networks have caught up to Tesla I might entertain one of these.

@studioloft It looks like someone broke the spreadsheet again. I think someone sorted the names column without changes to the other columns so all the names are out of place. I'm not sure when this happened, but we might need to restore to a backup?

I could try just undoing back to a good state but i don't know if that will undo edits from other people...

Edit: I tried undoing, and did get it back into a good state. I'm not sure if other people had edits in the last couple hours. They might be gone.

I suspect you haven't touched a Lyriq but you are already dismissing it? At least wait until you touch, feel and maybe drive one? Or talked to an owner? None of shipped so how do you know?

BTW, I am down on Lyriq too but only because of the horrible ordering process that failed in 10 minutes of reservations. And then they closed reservations. So not defending but do keep an open mind on all products.
I’m not saying the car itself sucks. Superficially it looks quite ok. Probably it uses ancient computing technology but even that I could tolerate if it had the key features I mentioned.

In particular, automatic trip routing through high speed relatively reliable charging stations is a sine qua non.

Even LUCID with its supposed integrated software showing its charging network, is not comparable to Tesla, from the user videos I’ve watched.

If ultra high speed charging stations were literally as common as gas stations, this would be less relevant (just get off the highway wherever and there it’ll be). But the seller of a new technology needs to facilitate the convenience of the buyer, or you are literally asking the buyer to do get something less practical and less helpful than what they have.

Most people don’t like to suffer.

@studioloft It looks like someone broke the spreadsheet again. I think someone sorted the names column without changes to the other columns so all the names are out of place. I'm not sure when this happened, but we might need to restore to a backup?

I could try just undoing back to a good state but i don't know if that will undo edits from other people...

Edit: I tried undoing, and did get it back into a good state. I'm not sure if other people had edits in the last couple hours. They might be gone.
It looks like it is in a good state now :)
Let me know if you see anything unusual

Reactions: usctrojan98