Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@KidsEyeDr super cruise (while only on select interstates > autopilot), interior finish of a cadillac better than tesla, actual customer service and qa/qi. If they have batteries figured out and I had a choice of Model Y or Lyric I'd jump to Lyric any day. Now it's not an X but it's not supposed to compete w the X. The range is on par w the Y it competes with.
The only thing I might disagree with is the idea that super cruise can be/is better than autopilot on even select interstates. On the highway autopilot has been literally flawless in my experience.

Basically I’m saying, even if super cruise is perfect, I don’t know how it could be better than Tesla autopilot on the highway. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Last edited:
The only thing I might disagree with is the idea that super cruise can be/is better than autopilot on even select interstates. On the highway autopilot has been literally flawless in my experience.

Basically I’m saying, even if super cruise is perfect, I don’t know how it could be better than Tesla autopilot on the highway. 🤷🏼‍♂️
BC as far as I know it doesn't require driver to hold the wheel. Also if I let Tesla do auto lane changes it constantly jumps in and out of lanes gets annoying had to turn it off and do manual blinkers to change lanes.

Reactions: DelPhonic1
Is anyone else tempted to place a Plaid order in addition to their existing LR order to possibly get an X in the next 60 days? I have a LR 7 order placed April 2021 with an April 2022 EDD. I find the extra 15 miles of range more valuable than the extra 1.3 seconds of acceleration but I really don’t want to wait until 2Q or 3Q or even later. I’m also hesitant to ”jump the line.” Has anyone driven in a LR and a Plaid? Is that 1.3 seconds significantly noticeable?

i ordered plaid last month. EDD is october 2022..

Yup. The "it will be worth it when it comes" just rings of Stockholm Syndrome.

Treat your customers like *sugar* for a year or more, continue to treat them like *sugar*, but keep telling them it will get better and they are working on it. And of course throw up tons of excuses while deflecting most accountability for what got them into this situation and making many of the same short sited mistakes.

2 weeks into driving my Taycan Turbo S, I'm realizing Tesla's drama and crap might not be worth it any more. Still my wife's choice, but I made mine, and it wasn't Tesla.
I don't mind waiting. I really don't. It's a complicated car- I get it. I just hate playing this quality lottery, especially on something so expensive (*flawless* quality should be assumed, full-stop). I'd gladly take a delay if it eliminated the hassle of having to reject a bunch of cars.

I don't mind waiting. I really don't. It's a complicated car- I get it. I just hate playing this quality lottery, especially on something so expensive (*flawless* quality should be assumed, full-stop). I'd gladly take a delay if it eliminated the hassle of having to reject a bunch of cars.
I wouldn’t mind waiting if there was just a little rhyme or reason to how they're doing the few deliveries they’ve done so far. Or at the very least give even a modicum of communication about it. I know, I know, that dead horse has been flogged. At this point I’d even be happy with an email that’s just a middle finger emoji because at least I‘d know they acknowledge I still exist.

I am sad to say that my enthusiasm for this car is fading... Too much time is being wasted chasing this thing....

Really sad.
Same. I have an ID4 on order (although that will technically replace my Bolt), and between that and in-inventory Kia EV6, I feel like I would be good for a couple years. Sorry, prolly saying something blasphemous on a “Tesla Motors Club” but like many, I am buying a Tesla because of the uniqueness (6-seater EV) and not fandom.

DELIVERY DAY!!

Thank you @Johnny Mac for letting me buy your Plaid X! Was such a smooth and easy transaction!

Car is in pristine condition and almost dare I say perfect! Drives like a dream and is 1000000X better than my 2017 X or 2021 PY!

It’s worth the wait people!! Took me 14 months and it wasn’t even my original order. Hang in there!

Attachments

• 73A63ECD-8A0B-43E7-B21E-AFB0334A4416.jpeg
    73A63ECD-8A0B-43E7-B21E-AFB0334A4416.jpeg
    511.6 KB · Views: 105
  • D3964D22-5C5B-4936-B4A7-0EED3D1C0E70.jpeg
    D3964D22-5C5B-4936-B4A7-0EED3D1C0E70.jpeg
    442.9 KB · Views: 86
  • E95DC465-11CC-452D-AC13-7DB2AC7694B4.jpeg
    E95DC465-11CC-452D-AC13-7DB2AC7694B4.jpeg
    649.7 KB · Views: 86
Yup. The "it will be worth it when it comes" just rings of Stockholm Syndrome.

Treat your customers like *sugar* for a year or more, continue to treat them like *sugar*, but keep telling them it will get better and they are working on it. And of course throw up tons of excuses while deflecting most accountability for what got them into this situation and making many of the same short sited mistakes.

2 weeks into driving my Taycan Turbo S, I'm realizing Tesla's drama and crap might not be worth it any more. Still my wife's choice, but I made mine, and it wasn't Tesla.

lucille-bluth.gif

So… like… why are you here?