Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was among those who ordered the Plaid and was offered a $6500 credit to switch from my. original 5 seat order to the 6 seat version. My MPVA still shows the extra charge for switching to the 6 seat order. I'm at less than 72 hrs until my delivery window. I'm now being told there will be no further changes to the price. I have the text conversation where they promised to adjust the price, but how would I get them to honor that at this point?

I am sad to say that my enthusiasm for this car is fading... Too much time is being wasted chasing this thing....

Really sad.

7838B5DC-6AB3-4310-996D-277B0920FD50.jpeg

I’m not saying the car itself sucks. Superficially it looks quite ok. Probably it uses ancient computing technology but even that I could tolerate if it had the key features I mentioned.

In particular, automatic trip routing through high speed relatively reliable charging stations is a sine qua non.

Even LUCID with its supposed integrated software showing its charging network, is not comparable to Tesla, from the user videos I’ve watched.

If ultra high speed charging stations were literally as common as gas stations, this would be less relevant (just get off the highway wherever and there it’ll be). But the seller of a new technology needs to facilitate the convenience of the buyer, or you are literally asking the buyer to do get something less practical and less helpful than what they have.

Most people don’t like to suffer.
Since we both live in Florida, have you noticed all the FPL Evolution chargers popping up? They claim 350KW. But thus far Audi and Ford don't support that. Maybe GM will. Tesla has their own network and its pretty good. I travel the whole length of the state often and appreciate it. But 3 price increases in the past year and in a number of places down south, the mid-day Peak rates are absurd, running .44Kwh. Tesla was 26c/Kwh, but now is as high as .36Kwh. FPL is charging .30Kwh. Tesla is being greedy, there have not been 3 commercial price increases in the past year in Florida.

So as the money of $5B just allocated by the Biden admin will go to national EV charging, in the coming years there will be real competition. And more choices. 2022, Tesla wins now but, 2025....who knows with the $5B spend about to start later this year. Again, don't dismiss it on one variable.

I for one want SXM, CarPlay and Android Auto, and thus far, I "suffer" without that. (I think that's your definition of suffering). Greedy on the charging, lack of consumer features and frankly, just horrible customer service (getting my car back from service dirtier than when I dropped it of) is why people will look elsewhere. And how do Model X order folks feel for the past 15 months? Some have really suffered without a car, so they borrow or rent, without the seats they wanted, being asked for $6500 more, etc. Some of us are looking. at alternatives and weigh all the options.

Yeah this is basic-level training that these folks seem to be lacking. Similarly, my rejected X appeared to have all of the plastic trim pieces cleaned with a harsh solvent. They all looked permanently damaged.

For such expensive assets they seem to be preparing them so haphazardly, causing irreversible harm to these vehicles. I'm honestly dumbfounded.
How long ago did you reject your X? Did you get a new VIN yet?

I was among those who ordered the Plaid and was offered a $6500 credit to switch from my. original 5 seat order to the 6 seat version. My MPVA still shows the extra charge for switching to the 6 seat order. I'm at less than 72 hrs until my delivery window. I'm now being told there will be no further changes to the price. I have the text conversation where they promised to adjust the price, but how would I get them to honor that at this point?
Do you have it in writing? Email or anything?

@KidsEyeDr super cruise (while only on select interstates > autopilot), interior finish of a cadillac better than tesla, actual customer service and qa/qi. If they have batteries figured out and I had a choice of Model Y or Lyric I'd jump to Lyric any day. Now it's not an X but it's not supposed to compete w the X. The range is on par w the Y it competes with.

Reactions: KidsEyeDr
Yes. The other order (from 3/15/21) is MX LR. That has EDD of April.
Is anyone else tempted to place a Plaid order in addition to their existing LR order to possibly get an X in the next 60 days? I have a LR 7 order placed April 2021 with an April 2022 EDD. I find the extra 15 miles of range more valuable than the extra 1.3 seconds of acceleration but I really don’t want to wait until 2Q or 3Q or even later. I’m also hesitant to ”jump the line.” Has anyone driven in a LR and a Plaid? Is that 1.3 seconds significantly noticeable?

Had a completely smooth transaction today with chancellor32 from this forum on my plaid model X delivery. The delivery was fast as usual and the vehicle was in fantastic shape. There were no panel gaps to speak of and the paint work looked very good. The only issue currently is that the website will not allow a transfer of the vehicle to another account yet. Does anyone know how long it takes before a vehicle can be transferred? We are hoping it is only 24 hours.

I am sad to say that my enthusiasm for this car is fading... Too much time is being wasted chasing this thing....

Really sad.

Yup. The "it will be worth it when it comes" just rings of Stockholm Syndrome.

Treat your customers like *sugar* for a year or more, continue to treat them like *sugar*, but keep telling them it will get better and they are working on it. And of course throw up tons of excuses while deflecting most accountability for what got them into this situation and making many of the same short sited mistakes.

2 weeks into driving my Taycan Turbo S, I'm realizing Tesla's drama and crap might not be worth it any more. Still my wife's choice, but I made mine, and it wasn't Tesla.