Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Everyone,

I received my "schedule your delivery" text this morning. I called Tesla and put a hold on my order. Note that it is now only a 30-day hold and I was told that I only get one 30-day hold. So in mid-March I go back into the build queue.

So I have now been unmatched from VIN: 7SAXCBE66NF332695. It is a Plaid Blue/Black/6-seat/20". It is in or on its way to Kansas City. Hopefully that moves one of you up and the car finds a good home!
My exact config lol 🥺 wish they'd send it to NC

Reactions: SOBX MX
I am actually waiting on a quote from State Farm (Georgia). Will let you know. I have 2 MYs with them now. $140/month for the MX actually sounds pretty good.
It is impossible to compare insurance rates without knowing all the conditions such as age, martial status, driving record. and county or zip code you live in, other drivers. For example, for my 2018 Model X, I am paying Progressive $261 for six months ($43.50/mo), it includes high liability limits, collision, comprehensive, under/uninsured. The only things I have turned off are Rental car reimburse (I have an extra car, so why not?), and emergency roadside (not needed with a Tesla in warranty). But, I am 68, married, no claims in many years. But I live in a county with relative high rates due to vehicle theft. It would be even less if I lived 3 miles north.

Maybe, but it won't work when I have to carry kayaks to the lake. Sorry, but cargo capacity for 5- or 7-seat beats 6-seat.

The same bread would fit in the 6 seater but long items like your kayaks or the door I just hauled from HD in the back of my S with the seats down would not have fit.

That said, I have access to a trailer and the MX toes while the S doesn't. I'd still prefer a 5/7 seat MX over the 6 seat. The 6 seat would be fine if only those stupid captains chairs would fold flat. I wonder how easy they are to remove?

Last edited:
Hi Everyone,

I received my "schedule your delivery" text this morning. I called Tesla and put a hold on my order. Note that it is now only a 30-day hold and I was told that I only get one 30-day hold. So in mid-March I go back into the build queue.

So I have now been unmatched from VIN: 7SAXCBE66NF332695. It is a Plaid Blue/Black/6-seat/20". It is in or on its way to Kansas City. Hopefully that moves one of you up and the car finds a good home!

That's good to know. If mine, which I just ordered and had an EDD of October but is now this coming week gives me a vin, I'll ask for the same 30 day hold. Also, the longer we wait, the better chance of getting the Matrix headlights which are sorely needed on the S/X.

Yours is the exact same config as mine.

😍

Attachments

• CF281488-B7AD-4AE0-8CF8-58044EBC992F.jpeg
    CF281488-B7AD-4AE0-8CF8-58044EBC992F.jpeg
    457.9 KB · Views: 79
I am still baffled by this design choice... My 2019 Subaru Ascent with captains chairs folds completely flat all the way through. This current interior refresh was the perfect opportunity for Tesla to correct this oversight. Doesn't bother me personally though as I don't use the car to load too much... and I personally love the 6 seat configuration in every way... But seems like a missed opportunity to make a bunch of people happy for Tesla.
Yes, even a decade old Honda odyssey with captain chairs were able to fold flat. Not sure what the issue is with Tesla? Perhaps because the seats are powered to recline? The old minivans also had removable captain chairs (even better than fold flat) but I understand this may be tricky with the seatpost. Those just had rails that you snapped into.

Reactions: ironwill96
Yes, even a decade old Honda odyssey with captain chairs were able to fold flat. Not sure what the issue is with Tesla? Perhaps because the seats are powered to recline? The old minivans also had removable captain chairs (even better than fold flat) but I understand this may be tricky with the seatpost. Those just had rails that you snapped into.

It's more complicated and costly to make captains chairs that fold than single piece chairs.

Hi all. I hope everyone gets there cars soon.

I tried to pick (msm, plaid, 22s, cream interior) mine up last Thursday, but had to ask them to fix several things prior to accepting. Both drivers side doors were misaligned and several other things needed to be addressed. So hard to walk away from accepting delivery last week. Not sure when they'll finish the fixes, but still have the VIN. ***sigh***

So I ordered a Y performance inventory car while I wait for my X. Managed to get ahold on one destined for the east coast before it left Fremont. Unfortunately, my est delivery date is in a day and the car is still sitting on a lot somewhere in California. I’ve had multiple interactions with SAs who said they’d call me back with details, buuut. Nothing.