Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Little rhyme or reason? It seems pretty clear to me. The X has long been an low-volume product at a generally low-volume car company. Couple that with global shortages of all kinds of parts and materials, and you easily have demand has outstripping supply- likely by orders of magnitude. You aren't getting white-glove communication on the situation simply because they don't need to (it would only eat into their already-aggressive margins). Go ahead and cancel your order- only their database will notice.
“White glove communication”? I’m not getting ANY communication. Customer service goes a long way now and in the future. Tesla is in a league of its own right now but that wont always be the case. Other companies will eventually catch up and this pisspoor (or nonexistent) communication will come back to bite them when that happens.

“White glove communication”? I’m not getting ANY communication. Customer service goes a long way now and in the future. Tesla is in a league of its own right now but that wont always be the case. Other companies will eventually catch up and this pisspoor (or nonexistent) communication will come back to bite them when that happens.
Very frustrating
My prediction is that when there is serious competition, Tesla will throw some resources into Customer service and bring it up to a respectable level.
Folks that were treated poorly 2020-2022 will be impressed with the new attention to detail and good communication, people new to Tesla will enjoy their experience. Only ones who feel seriously slighted will avoid Tesla. I figure that percentage will be small.

Anyone get a decent insurance quote yet? Mine quoted me at 140 a month with high end coverage. Seems about right but would love to know if others have found good coverage elsewhere at a better price. This was through Geico

I am actually waiting on a quote from State Farm (Georgia). Will let you know. I have 2 MYs with them now. $140/month for the MX actually sounds pretty good.

Reactions: Cutch26
MS vs MX pricing is baffling to me.

Car config - Black/White. Largest wheels. 6 seater for X. No-FSD.

MSLR - $103k
MSP - $138k

MXLR - $120k
MXP - $135k

Are my $ off here?

MSLR is $17k less than MXLR - expected.
MSP is $3k MORE than MXP - seems odd.

MSP is $35k more than MSLR
MXP is only $15k more than MXLR

Is there a big MXP price bump coming?
They seem to always have a few MS in inventory lately. Who knows.

IMG_0546.jpeg

Suck it losers, this is my god now!

<sincerity>
Thank you guys and gals for the world class camaraderie, I love you, I am the Pig Daddy now.
</sincerity>

See you on the other side.

You're all dead to me.

Last edited:
MS vs MX pricing is baffling to me.

Car config - Black/White. Largest wheels. 6 seater for X. No-FSD.

MSLR - $103k
MSP - $138k

MXLR - $120k
MXP - $135k

Are my $ off here?

MSLR is $17k less than MXLR - expected.
MSP is $3k MORE than MXP - seems odd.

MSP is $35k more than MSLR
MXP is only $15k more than MXLR

Is there a big MXP price bump coming?

Almost certainly.

Also, if you're comparing apples to apples, then compare 5 seat MXP to 5 seat SP and until last month, the difference was $6500 wider than your above analysis.

Last edited:
Reactions: BamaATL
View attachment 768938

<Sincere> Thank you guys and gals for the world class camaraderie, I love you, but I am the Pid Daddy now. </Sincere>

You're all dead to me.
yup, we knew u would just use us and then throw us away - u treat us like Tesla's QA department

View attachment 768938

<Sincere> Thank you guys and gals for the world class camaraderie, I love you, but I am the Pig Daddy now. </Sincere>

You're all dead to me.

Is that sandpaper for our wounds or your new car's clear coat thanks to the excellent delivery "prep" we've seen so often at those precious final moments before customer delivery?

Very frustrating
My prediction is that when there is serious competition, Tesla will throw some resources into Customer service and bring it up to a respectable level.
Folks that were treated poorly 2020-2022 will be impressed with the new attention to detail and good communication, people new to Tesla will enjoy their experience. Only ones who feel seriously slighted will avoid Tesla. I figure that percentage will be small.
When Tesla production numbers were low and they were staffed in the SC for that volume it seemed Tesla was a magical company. The videos of people picking up their new and CPO MS & MX showed a joyous occasion. The SA's knew the product inside and out. New customer’s had a personalized delivery experience. When M3 came out Tesla re-tasked Tesla Energy staff to help with M3 deliveries, fanboys and stockholders were volunteering to help with deliveries. There was an energy and excitement about getting your Tesla. Sometimes once production ramped you had to wait up to 3 months as car were first made for foreign markets then for the US and that was ok... they let you know and you understood the delay. You were kept up to date by your Tesla Advisor and then the delivery was planed around your schedule.

Granted Covid has broken the ability for a personalized delivery and they are all touch-less now but will they return to the class act they once were... I doubt it. Follow the money. How much of a sales dip occurred during touch-less delivery? Not much I'd imagine. How much has customer complaints mattered to the bottom line... not much it seems.

Change may occur when Giga Texas and Giga Berlin have burned down the back log. When they need to attract ICE customers instead of having mostly early adopters, fanboys and stockholders. When those Giga factories are pumping out cars with no assigned VIN's. When inventory builds up in the service centers. Elon with go on one of his famous firing sprees knocking off all the middle management who are doing as they are told. Keep costs down and margins up. He will blame the wave of negative sentiment first on the Press, the Media, Politicians, governments and then his staff.

It's when Tesla has to retool the management of the company to entice customers not to buy the other brands cars, Brands who have their BEV's more mature, Brands that are restricting dealer mark ups and tapping into their existing brand loyalties.

I was a Ford guy (last 6 cars) who got tired of waiting for the Ford Explorer to go electric. They announced plans for the Mach-e and I ordered a Model X to replace my 2017 Ford Explorer Limited. I had been watching Tesla for years, wanting a Model X which was always out of my price range. When the price dropped I stretched my budget to order the $79K Model X. Then all hell broke lose Dec 2020...
Will the Model X I have on order be my first and only Tesla? Will Tesla sell me my next 6 cars? That's up to Tesla.

Anyone get a decent insurance quote yet? Mine quoted me at 140 a month with high end coverage. Seems about right but would love to know if others have found good coverage elsewhere at a better price. This was through Geico

I am actually waiting on a quote from State Farm (Georgia). Will let you know. I have 2 MYs with them now. $140/month for the MX actually sounds pretty good.

Just got a quote from my agent for $730 / 6 months. So ~$122/month. She said it was ballpark until I give her a VIN. This seems low and might be for an MXLR. I asked for an MXP quote.

Reactions: ironwill96
I have a confirmed pick up for tomorrow.
Are there any complications if I pay after viewing the car tomorrow? I am planning to pay using Tesla's app through my bank account.
Or, is it better to pay off right now to avoid any delays?
When I picked up a model Y a month ago, I inspected the exterior first then handed over a cashiers check, it wasn’t a problem. For the X pickup, I want to try and have them at least open the FWD before I hand over the check

• Helpful
Reactions: KidsEyeDr and PGQC
Pictured is 129 loaves of homemade bread, baked by volunteers in my neighborhood. I delivered the bread this morning to our local food bank. This completely fills our 5-seat 2018 Model X 100D with the seats folded, and I doubt it would fit in a 6-seat since the middle seats do not fold.

The silence from Tesla about the future of 5- or 7-seat Model X is deafening.

Would I consider a Cybertruck? Not just no, but heck no.

IMG_1119.jpeg