Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, I put in an order for a MYP on 2/9 after my DD changed to April 2022. The MYP DD range is Feb 24 - Mar 12. Today is my Anniversary. 15 years and counting. I get up this morning and check UPS tracking for items I ordered for my wife, then run out to grab her Starbucks which is right across from the new Tesla Service Center. While I'm in the drive thru, I decide to check my X order and now I have a DD range of March 7 - 31. First time getting a DD range. Immediately I though, "How did they know it was my anniversary?". That or they saw me drive by and turn into Starbucks, lol. Either way, in my Ice Cube voice, "today is a good day..."

So, I put in an order for a MYP on 2/9 after my DD changed to April 2022. The MYP DD range is Feb 24 - Mar 12. Today is my Anniversary. 15 years and counting. I get up this morning and check UPS tracking for items I ordered for my wife, then run out to grab her Starbucks which is right across from the new Tesla Service Center. While I'm in the drive thru, I decide to check my X order and now I have a DD range of March 7 - 31. First time getting a DD range. Immediately I though, "How did they know it was my anniversary?". That or they saw me drive by and turn into Starbucks, lol. Either way, in my Ice Cube voice, "today is a good day..."
Plaid or LR? Order date?

• Helpful
Reactions: KidsEyeDr
OK, I admit I’m being incredibly lazy. But, when looking at the data, has anyone noticed a trend for white versus cream versus black? I’m happy to switch my interior. I had white on my last model. Loved it. Only issue was blue jean rub off. Not a game changer, though.
Cream VIN rate is currently about 5% less than the others, but delivery rate is in the same ballpark, so I'd say it isn't a significant difference.

Reactions: jbrowdy and UCF3
I hope this is true for you. For me, I have had a 4 week assignment window since mid Jan that keeps shifting up by one week a day after I enter the window. Right now 02/20 - 03/18
Ugh, that’s terrible. Was it a plaid or LR? If its LR, it could just be getting bumped by them pushing through all the plaid versions. My plaid is the one set for delivery next week, my LR has been bumped back monthly since I ordered it in Jan 2021 Lol.

I haven't been around much - business has been picking up - but I wanted to pop in and say "Happy Orderversary" to me and my wife :)

After getting "The Call" in October, I was pretty confident that we'd make the "late november, early december" timeframe... I genuinely didn't think that I'd reach this day... and here we are. :)

My original EDD was "April" - What if they were accurate all along... I just neglected to ask what year. 🤯

Better chance of the tail lights being plug and play. The headlights might be but it really depends on how the control interface works. If the headlight module control itself CANBUS then it should also just be plug and play if it's CANBUS before and after.
But they also changed that trim piece in the rear - so not sure if the rear lights are physically the same. Headlights at least look like they would physically fit. After that it's just software :)

I do think they will raise the Plaid prices at some point, maybe when they announce the new headlights/taillights. I'm not excited about continuously ordering but I could look at it as hedging my price with put options....

Didn't take a screen shot of the previous move from October to late Junuary, but here is for the second move:

View attachment 768273
View attachment 768271

Again, I ordered on 12/31 and am now apparently skipping the line ahead of Plaid orders as old as a year. Makes it really hard to logistically plan for delivery(lease end, selling car, financing, PPF wrap appointments, etc).

Given this is only happening to some and not many, if I end up getting it 9 months early, and if it doesn't have too many defects, I'll take it and see if I can flip for a small profit and get back into line.

Back to October again. Tesla is a nightmare when it comes to logistical planning for customers.