Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had a similar situation: upgraded MCU with 4G, free lifetime supercharging, new tires, new 12V battery. I was sure it was worth on the high end of estimates, but trying to sell to a private buyer was a huge pain: so many scammers and flakes. For example, one person asked if I would help her commit tax fraud to purchase the vehicle! 🤯 Ended up selling to a local luxury car dealer, which itself was another pain.

I wish you luck.

I've sold many cars over the years for myself and for friends. I have a good filter. The point is that this was the largest response I ever had to listing a vehicle. i.e. I'm agreeing with you that kbb is wrong...on the other hand if you were implying that kbb is overvaluing cars in the bay area, then I completely disagree with you.

Last edited:
US Deliveries are targeted for next month. I don't know of anyone that has ordered one though.
I have one on order. I am not in the pre-order book though so I wouldn't get it to October. Its my back up if I don't get the X before then.

Pretty much all BMW dealers have somewhere between 20 and 60 on pre-order X 250 dealers nation wide... give you an idea of level of interest... which is very high...

I'm seriously thinking about removing FSD from my order after watching this video by CNBC and reading the mentioned crash reports: Tesla FSD Beta users show CNBC how the system works — and doesn't — CNBC
This is a picture of a cherry tree being picked.

D37A6902-671C-4A6C-BCB5-2F6404212A94.jpeg

• Helpful
Reactions: KidsEyeDr
Why does everyone love him that much? Please list exact reasons, I'm really curious :)
It’s not that one of us is loved more than another. It’s just that a lot of us have been here for 1+ years chatting everyday. We’ve all experienced the disappointments together. Feels like we are all great friends here.

I’ve been lurking a while. I ordered a 5 seat MX LR in April 2021. RN114801XXX. Like most everyone else, I have an April 2022 EDD. Because I don’t especially need an SUV (although I love the MX), yesterday I ordered a MS LR that shows a July 2022 EDD. I’m guessing the MS will be delivered sooner and plan to accept whichever vehicle I get first. The clock is ticking…

While I agree, based on the spreadsheet data, I suspect at the current rate they won't have many plaids to deliver at the end of the quarter. Almost 37% of plaids already have VINs assigned. If they want to make maximize sales they will have to pivot to shipping more LRs.
They will once Austin starts pumping more Y’s which will take care of the revenue and sales growth required for next quarter. Also that is when legacy reservation holders( pre price increase) will get theirs. Till then it will be last in first out.

My P85DL just went up another $1K on kbb this month vs 3 months ago.

My 2009 Prius Touring #6 with 320K miles on it has more than doubled on kbb private party in the last year alone.
Kbb trade in value has been significantly higher than all the trade in offers I actually received. It was those offers that dropped significantly over the past month. The reason why I decided to actually sell privately and now.

• Informative
Reactions: sorka
They will once Austin starts pumping more Y’s which will take care of the revenue and sales growth required for next quarter. Also that is when legacy reservation holders( pre price increase) will get theirs. Till then it will be last in first out.
They're scrambling to think of a way to force legacy reservation holders in to cancelling or updating to the new price somehow.... Or they are just making them wait it out in hopes that they cancel outright.

Reactions: 1pinhigh