Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They will once Austin starts pumping more Y’s which will take care of the revenue and sales growth required for next quarter. Also that is when legacy reservation holders( pre price increase) will get theirs. Till then it will be last in first out.
The spreadsheet data does not support the LIFO theory. (at least currently)

Also, it will be quite a long time before Texas has ramped enough that it is cost effective to drop a Y production line in Fremont. I'm guessing not until near the end of the year, when hopefully the Y US backlog is significantly reduced, and then at that time it might be more likely they pivot the Y production line into 3, and not S or X.

can someone tell me what’s wrong? This is where the falcon wing meets the small side mirror.. is it fixable?
157EB74D-3E6F-4572-B9A3-D1B09F17AE0F.jpeg

can someone tell me what’s wrong? This is where the falcon wing meets the small side mirror.. is it fixable?View attachment 769571

Just another embarrassing alignment QC issue on a 100k car. on the bright side this should be an easy fix if you make an appointment with the service center. Which makes it more maddening..... makes me think that they are catching these issues and are either too lazy to fix it or under too much pressure to get cars out the door and deal with it later if the buyer happens to notice it.

I love him that much because he promised to bring me beer every week and hand wash my car while I sit in the A/C and drink it. @Stro was kind of drunk when he made that promise so he probably forgot but I'll remind him when/if my car ever arrives.
I distinctly remember my chock full cup of beer spilling as he fell over his barstool.

• Funny
Reactions: Stro
I found all of our data amiss again today :( I usually catch it quicker but this time I had to restore to yesterday at 6:15 PM. Lost about 10 edits in this time.

The usernames were sorted alphabetically and delivery dates remained chronological.

Just a friendly reminder.. if you don't know how to use filters, don't use them :)
The best way to find your username is Ctrl+F (find)

View attachment 769523View attachment 769524
They should probably also edit their config.sys file.

Just another embarrassing alignment QC issue on a 100k car. on the bright side this should be an easy fix if you make an appointment with the service center. Which makes it more maddening..... makes me think that they are catching these issues and are either too lazy to fix it or under too much pressure to get cars out the door and deal with it later if the buyer happens to notice it.
But what’s more egregious is The Service Center people had to of seen it. How could they not have seen it and still handed it over to you. How did they not see that, call you up and say “hey we have an issue with one of your falcon wing doors that we have to fix before you pick it up”.

Is it that they need to close the sale that badly and have the money transferred to Tesla? How crazy is it that you have to buy the car in order for them to fix the car.

Reactions: JER85 and croman
I did! I have to say, my bitterness is gone. This thing is unbelievable. Pig Daddy love Teslurrrr

View attachment 769528
Congrats! I read all the way to the end of the posts to make sure they didn’t post-delivery @Stro you and take it back before I congratulated you, wouldn’t put it past them at this point. Now go torch some goober in a Hellcat.

Just for fun went back and listened to the saved voice mail my service rep left me last January confirming that yes, they are switching to a refresh model, they will give me the option to switch to it and my price will go up (not really an option, the other option is to cancel the order) but that I’ll have “top priority” once they start producing these cars late March to early April and should get it soon.

Even though he didn’t say 2021 or 2022 it didn’t really age well.

Reactions: IAMCCF and Stro
Same here for any Houstonians. I've helped two friends comb over their Teslas on delivery day (both M3s) and while I've never helped or received an X, I *am* an anal-retentive neurotic with an unnatural attention to detail.
I wish you lived in the Bay Area. I could use a friend like you. But of course if we are making wishes here…I WISH I AM GETTING MY PERFECTLY BUILT TESLA TOMORROW!!! 😫

• Love
Reactions: Stro and DelPhonic1